ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Cable Subscribers Pay Per Channel 2014--2018

retsio

Feb 18, 2003
Naples, FL
OG-AC140_TopTV__G_20140729144610.jpg

Cable and satellite providers such as Comcast, Time Warner Cable or DirecTV pay networks like ESPN and TNT a certain amount PER CUSTOMER for programming each month. The median price paid for each channel a subscriber gets is 14 cents. ESPN is estimated to cost $8.37 per month in 2018, an increase of 39%.

With the availability of Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Netflix, Roku, HBO streaming, 1G from Century Link and Sling TV services -- cutting the cord from Comcast, Time Warner or Direct TV will become easier, thereby cutting into their bottom line and services.

Reactions: psugrad85

Cable and satellite providers such as Comcast, Time Warner Cable or DirecTV pay networks like ESPN and TNT a certain amount PER CUSTOMER for programming each month. The median price paid for each channel a subscriber gets is 14 cents. ESPN is estimated to cost $8.37 per month in 2018, an increase of 39%.

With the availability of Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Netflix, Roku, HBO streaming, 1G from Century Link and Sling TV services -- cutting the cord from Comcast, Time Warner or Direct TV will become easier, thereby cutting into their bottom line and services.
Would like to know how many subscribers each cable company has. Only thing cost per subscriber tells me is eSPIN is ripping off a lot of people and needs competition.

Reactions: bison13
What the hell is 3net? I don't have cable and can't think of one show I'm "missing" on those channels. Even the NFL network games are free on twitter, which you can just stream to your tv, or watch on your phone or computer.

Content producers will still get their money. What you will see is as more people cut cable prices will increase on other subscription methods. The demand for content is still there, the delivery method is just changing. Also while the total cost for all channels is $45 in reality the cost to the customer is less. These pay TV channels also include a lot of ad time given to the providers who can recoup some of their costs by selling ads.

I am planning on cutting the cord once PSU football season is done. Anyone know the easiest way to watch the pga after cutting the cord?

I never had cable. I live back a long lane. I have been watching the major networks with just an antennae. I bought a Roku and can stream through them. Many cost something, like Sling or Hulu. The only thing I can't get is the BTN. So, I go to a bar to watch the game. The only thing the cable offered me was more stations with less to watch.

I never had cable. I live back a long lane. I have been watching the major networks with just an antennae. I bought a Roku and can stream through them. Many cost something, like Sling or Hulu. The only thing I can't get is the BTN. So, I go to a bar to watch the game. The only thing the cable offered me was more stations with less to watch.

Try Playstation Vue. They have a Roku app. I used the 7 day free trial to watch the Iowa game....worked great! The 2nd lowest tier has BTN and all the overflow channels. And, just like sling, you can use your login to watch tons of stuff with the WatchESNP app...also available for the Roku.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/roku/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT