ADVERTISEMENT

How much are we paying our football players this year and

PSU is on the high end for college paid stipends. When it come to NIL money PSU is behind in the game. For example Texas pays each of their OL players $50,000. Think OSU leads the nation in NIL money.

I personally find it discusting that ON3 assigns an NIL value for recruits. I don’t think players rating services should be assigning dollar values to high school kids.

Last edited:
As I recall when the cost of attendance stipends were first started, we were surprisingly, paying among the highest in the Big 10. I believe it is in the $4500 to $5k range. That is small change compared to some of the NIL money we're hearing about now, but its a long way from the $15 a month laundry money they used to pay when I was in school. Of course, my tution back then was $150 per quarter.

Universities are not allowed to pay NIL money. The money comes from business, private citizens, or in some cases alum have gotten together and pooled money to pay players.
I'm sure the university works hard to find businesses who want to sponsor athetes, then to make sure the athletes know how to cash in.

Reactions: dailybuck777
PSU is on the high end for college paid stipends. When it come to NIL money PSU is behind in the game. For example Texas pays each of their OL players $50,000. Think OSU leads the nation in NIL money.

I personally find it discusting that ON3 assigns an NIL value for recruits. I don’t think players rating services should be assigning dollar values to high school kids.
Couldn't agree with you more.

No I’m not. No universities pay NIL money.
how much cooperation and coordination is there between coaching/ athletic staff and the NIL consortium? Do they strategize together? Do the coaches say "hey offer that guy more we really want him"?

ADVERTISEMENT