ADVERTISEMENT

How many yards would 24 have gotten on that 3rd down play?

I don't know... it's easy to say things like that when the LBs are following the person with the ball and not the person without the ball.

In general I like what we have for next year.

LdN

Reactions: NJPSU and LionJim
What do the films say to you. To me, possibly 7 and I am not talking about yards. But what does it matter now?

Probably 10 + yards .I like Tommy a lot , but he has got to hand it off to his backs a little more, one because he is the back up, and two we have fantastic RB's.

Honestly I haven't seen enough of him to know what he should or shouldn't do but yea handing off to Sanders isn't a bad idea.

Reactions: therod
It matters not a whit. I do have this huge man-crush on Miles, though, which is probably why I asked. LDN is right, though. Miles looks primed to have a great year next year.

You are not alone.... with the preseason games to advance the play of the young OL..... I bet he is chomping at the bit.

Reactions: LionJim
Probably 10 + yards .I like Tommy a lot , but he has got to hand it off to his backs a little more, one because he is the back up, and two we have fantastic RB's.
Right. Tommy looked like a bit of a black hole. You know the hey you played basketball with, you pass it to him and he shoots, what goes in never comes back out. That was as way a play to read as there is in the zone read offense.

Honestly I haven't seen enough of him to know what he should or shouldn't do but yea handing off to Sanders isn't a bad idea.
We’ve seen Tommy running but very little of him passing. He can be a very valuable player but it may not be at QB. I have a feeling that Sean Clifford is going to give Tommy a serious run for his money in 2019. Just a thought.

Reactions: BBrown
Whenever I see Stevens, I always wonder what he could have been as a TE. You can't tell me he would not be a better blocker than 88. I think he could have been good there.

We’ve seen Tommy running but very little of him passing. He can be a very valuable player but it may not be at QB. I have a feeling that Sean Clifford is going to give Tommy a serious run for his money in 2019. Just a thought.

I don't see that happening but perhaps your right. TS will be the QB in 2019 unless SC is that good. We haven't seen anything from SC so I can't begin to imagine him jumping TS. TS has been praised by this coaching staff for the past 2 years. TS has made a few nice throws in his limited role. Yesterday the former Oregon coach commented that TS could really spin the ball when he watched him in warm ups. We know he can run. But can he command the RPO? Who knows? But based on being in the system for 3 years, odds are he'll be tough to beat if there is a competition in 2019.

Reactions: artsandletters
You know, the third and short where Stevens got stuffed?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but humor me.

it looked wide open. i would say at least 10 yds - more if he was able to juke defenders

ADVERTISEMENT