ADVERTISEMENT

How many SB did Tiki Barber win with the Giants?

Answer: 0

As many as Saquon and he's still on his rookie deal.

That man has some restraint....

0kplNix_z5E911GxSI1Urp9h1e2GCbAcx51A0u6HB6_DmbexIH8wCDcz2uAxbfsV_lMEL5VItwbSbIYhjbs8IDuchF4LUUoKVCiprAlQ1fDwuWqU_HzCfYrsRyulV-dCJvWmcw

Man, this kid is ALL class.

That is a textbook example of how to respond to criticism with class and professionalism. It's clear the comments hurt or disappointed him, but he composed himself to refrain from taking the bait.

I really want Saquon out of NY. That O-line is the single greatest threat to his run to become one of the all-time greats.

That is a textbook example of how to respond to criticism with class and professionalism. It's clear the comments hurt or disappointed him, but he composed himself to refrain from taking the bait.

I really want Saquon out of NY. That O-line is the single greatest threat to his run to become one of the all-time greats.
When his rookie deal is up he could demand a trade. Unless they sign much better OL players, Saquon will continue to struggle. Too bad he was drafted by a bad team.

I probably would have said "hah remember how Tiki used to fumble all the damned time? things don't always stay the same"

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
Considering the amount of times that Eli Manning was sacked while Tiki Barber was in the backfield I'm guessing he wasn't as good at blocking as he thinks he was

How would they do that, by "franchise tag"? I guess I don't understand the contractural obligations they could impose on him.
As a 1st rounder, he signs a 4 year contract, with a team option for a 5th year, which will obviously be exercised. Then, they’d almost certainly place a Franchise tag on him for his 6th year. They could also use the Franchise tag again in his 7th year, but it would get expensive.

He can demand all he wants at anytime, but they can easily keep him thru year 6, and likely even 7.
If they still suck, theyre not going to be interested in paying a RB 10-15M per year that doesn’t want to be there

As a 1st rounder, he signs a 4 year contract, with a team option for a 5th year, which will obviously be exercised. Then, they’d almost certainly place a Franchise tag on him for his 6th year. They could also use the Franchise tag again in his 7th year, but it would get expensive.
That could cause fumbles, and nagging minor injuries.

Agreed, the sooner his agent can get him outta there, the better!!

Reactions: PSUfiji

Agree 110%...incredible poise for a young guy...especially in this day and age...

OJ and now Tiki talking about what Saquon needs to do...go figure.
I recall there were guys who wanted to kill Tiki on the Giants....
OJ is what he is....but on the topic of using a FB, I think he's correct. I met Dave Gettlemen in 1980 when he was coaching Spackenkill and I was at Marlboro and we worked FB camps together, became pretty good friends.....I don't think he wants my advice anymore. But, if you draft a guy #1, wouldn't you build around him?
NYG have always been run, run, play action team. At least when they were contenders.

I recall there were guys who wanted to kill Tiki on the Giants....
OJ is what he is....but on the topic of using a FB, I think he's correct. I met Dave Gettlemen in 1980 when he was coaching Spackenkill and I was at Marlboro and we worked FB camps together, became pretty good friends.....I don't think he wants my advice anymore. But, if you draft a guy #1, wouldn't you build around him?
NYG have always been run, run, play action team. At least when they were contenders.
Yeah, Tiki's as much of a back stabber as OJ. When the Giants were contenders, their OL and especially DL were dominant. Hell they even made Eli look decent during the 2 Superbowl seasons.

Yeah, Tiki's as much of a back stabber as OJ. When the Giants were contenders, their OL and especially DL were dominant. Hell they even made Eli look decent during the 2 Superbowl seasons.
I think OJ stabbed them in the front but I get your POINT.

ADVERTISEMENT