ADVERTISEMENT

How long will we have to endure shit like this?

She does love her pearls, doesn't she?

That is one of the longest necks I've ever seen on a human.
p03zx3tw.jpg

...From USA Today: "If you consider the culture of the Roman Catholic church — a culture of secrecy and deception embedded in its history — it's not surprising that it was able to keep a lid on widespread child abuse, said Kristen Houser, chief public affairs officer with the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape. In that way, what the Catholic church has done is not that much different than how Penn State responded to charges that former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky had molested and raped numerous children."

I recommend NOT reading this unless you want to be in a crappy mood this morning: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nsylvania-playbook-cover-up-abuse/1014258002/
Penn State "numerous" children, some questionable with allegations against a former coach, JS. Michigan State, 100's of young women, where's the outcry. Ohio State, Multiple wrestlers. These crimes were by actual employees of the respective universities. We haven't even gotten into Meyer harboring criminals and a murderer all in the name of victory and pocketing millions of dollars while at it. MSU and OSU are examples of a board that protects its own.

Thing is that literally took me ten minutes to research the Fina and Myers quotes and write. It is missing other key points that would take another five minutes to Google. So just how LAZY are these journalists/editors in their fact finding? Or do they just skip that all together these days?

They are the masters of fake news, how many times does the President need to remind you of this?
Penn State "numerous" children, some questionable with allegations against a former coach, JS. Michigan State, 100's of young women, where's the outcry. Ohio State, Multiple wrestlers. These crimes were by actual employees of the respective universities. We haven't even gotten into Meyer harboring criminals and a murderer all in the name of victory and pocketing millions of dollars while at it. MSU and OSU are examples of a board that protects its own.

And that my friends, is factual news, nothing "FAKE" ABOUT IT!!

Last edited:
I actually got a response ...

Thanks for your note, and for reading.

But there was the 1998 report that, according to testimony in hearings for Spanier and the other administrators, the university had knowledge of. And there were other reports that the university had known previous to that.

And as far as McQueary's report being dismissed as horseplay, in his own grand jury testimony Paterno said it was obvious to him that McQueary was describing something sexual in nature.

So there's that. I guess we can disagree as to what was what.

Mike Argento

Columnist

Here was my immediate reply to Mike's email ...

Mike,

How much do you know about the 1998 investigation? Jerry Sandusky was investigated by both the PA DPW and CYS and cleared of any wrong-doing. The university was aware of the investigation but not involved with it. If anything this further explains why there seems to have been minimal urgency in 2001 as it appeared to be the exact same scenario … showering with a boy. So Penn State administration could have simple felt it was no big deal since it was already investigated by the “experts” without issue. I believe it was after the 1998 shower incident where TSM CEO Jack Raykovitz (child psychologist) told Sandusky to wear swim trunks if he were to shower with boys.

As for the grand jury testimony, this is the transcript:

Q: I think you used the term fondling. Is that the term that you used?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I don’t know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.

It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was.

I didn’t push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset. Obviously, I was in a little bit of a dilemma since Mr. Sandusky was not working for me anymore.

So I told — I didn’t go any further than that except I knew Mike was upset and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.

Joe Paterno twice said he was unclear what it was, once says sexual nature which could have been a question (not statement) and once called it inappropriate action. Horseplay can be considered sexual in nature, but it is a long, long way from the word “rape” you used in your article.

I would still appreciate an answer to my question why you used Penn State (1 on campus incident, no cover up) over Michigan State (over 100 on campus incidents, obvious cover up/protection). Seems like Michigan State is a lot closer of an anology to the Catholic Church scandal?!

Thanks,
xxxx xxxxxxx

The problem with all of this is no matter how well spoken or factual you are, there's always some bullshit "fact" that they can throw at you.

The 70's allegations will pretty much preclude us from ever winning an argument, even with people who use the same logic to defend their institutions.

There's no way to win, except not to play the game.

The problem with all of this is no matter how well spoken or factual you are, there's always some bullshit "fact" that they can throw at you.

The 70's allegations will pretty much preclude us from ever winning an argument, even with people who use the same logic to defend their institutions.

There's no way to win, except not to play the game.

You are right about not playing the game. As to whether the facts are bullshit is a matter of opinion.

Remember the Grand Jury Presentments are sometimes pure fiction. Remember the Sandusky case.

This is why: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...paterno-affair-allegations-to-tar-gop-leaders

If you can't, or refuse to, comprehend why the BOT's efforts to completely obliterate Penn State's reputation is such a big deal to so many alums, there's nothing I can say that will make you understand.
[/QUOTE]

John Ziegler has also been able to prove the Jim Jordan allegations are complete BS

https://www.mediaite.com/columnists...-state-controversy-here-are-some-conclusions/

Reactions: T J
Okay, I finally hit my boiling point on this. Here is what I sent to Mike Argento (margento@ydr.com):

Mike,

For over six years I have held my tongue and prayed that journalists would do more fact checking when writing anything regarding the Jerry Sandusky story. Apparently, my wish is never going to come true. In your article you state:

“In that way, what the Catholic church has done is not that much different than how Penn State responded to charges that former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky had molested and raped numerous children.”
  1. Penn State received exactly ONE report of “horseplay” in the now infamous 2001 shower incident … not rape and definitely not “numerous”.
  2. The boy in the 2001 shower incident (Allan Myers) is on record to an investigator stating “nothing inappropriate occurred” and invited Jerry Sandusky to his wedding.
  3. The three not guilty charges against Sandusky were all from the 2001 incident.
  4. The only place where rape is tied to the 2001 shower incident is in the Grand Jury Presentment and Mike McQueary is on record as saying he never used that word.
  5. Charges of conspiracy were dropped against Penn State administrators since there was no evidence of a cover up.
  6. Penn State administrators reported the 2001 shower incident to the CEO of The Second Mile (Jack Raykovitz) which was Sandusky’s charity. Jack is a licensed child psychologist and a mandatory reporter, but somehow he and TSM have avoided investigation. Now THERE is a story for you.
You later go on to state:

“Both cases have an element of authority. Parishioners have absolute faith and trust in the leadership of the church, just as Penn State football fans had absolute loyalty and trust in Joe Paterno and the university’s leadership.”
  1. When informed about the horseplay in 2001, Joe Paterno referenced the university policy and reported it to his boss (Tim Curley) and the head of the University Police (Gary Schultz). He followed the policy to the letter and even followed up with Mike McQueary to make sure he was satisfied with the University’s handling of the situation (which he was).
  2. The lead investigator (Frank Fina) in 2013 stated that he found no evidence that Joe Paterno participated in any cover up.
  3. Joe Paterno is the only person who did not want to give Sandusky access to campus facilities as part of his 1999 retirement package, but he was overruled. So much for being the most powerful person at Penn State!
  4. In 2011 the NCAA did not have a policy on how to handle this type of situation, so around 2013 the NCAA developed and adopted a new policy for this type of case. It was, surprise, basically tailored around exactly how Joe Paterno handled it back in 2001.
So in summary, Joe Paterno did everything that was required from him and there was no evidence that Penn State administrators tried to cover up any part of the Jerry Sandusky shower incident of 2001. Here is a serious question for you … why would you use Penn State with one case and no cover up as your simile to the Catholic Church scandal and not Michigan State where there were over 100 cases and clearly a cover up/protection for Larry Nassar? I think I know the answer but would prefer to hear it from you.

Thanks,
xxxx xxxxxxxx

I will let you know if I get a reply.

Too well written and factual to garner a response from a journalist.

You'll have to endure it as long as you continue to read shitty newspapers and comments made by useless dingbats on the internet.

I wonder if in 50 years, people will be discussing the era of “social media virtue signaling” and the injustices that resulted from it.

Reactions: T J
How long will we have to endure shit like this?

Unfortunately forever and a day more.

I think the answer to the OP question is, we will have to endure this crap as long as the BOT wants us to.

I posted this on another thread, but it’s more relevant to this one: I have many family members who were students of the Catholic schools and parishioners of the churches where the abuse took place. None had any idea that this was happening. Studies indicate that most comparable institutions have similar rates of abuse. Yet how many of us are aware of any abuse taking place? Very few, I would bet. Kinda disproves the idea that JoePa and everyone in State College had to have known what Sandusky was up to.

Reactions: indynittany
You mean the same cop who sat on the info for years. Literally years.

Yes, I believe there is no way to retrieve the actual chat room text, but I heard it was simply talk about Sandusky showering with a boy. If McQueary had really seen a sex act, no doubt he and his bro would be embellishing this crap under the anonymity of the internet. But the exact opposite happened? Certainly BS.

Reactions: bplionfan
I actually got a response ...

Thanks for your note, and for reading.

But there was the 1998 report that, according to testimony in hearings for Spanier and the other administrators, the university had knowledge of. And there were other reports that the university had known previous to that.

And as far as McQueary's report being dismissed as horseplay, in his own grand jury testimony Paterno said it was obvious to him that McQueary was describing something sexual in nature.

So there's that. I guess we can disagree as to what was what.

Mike Argento

Columnist

Here was my immediate reply to Mike's email ...

Mike,

How much do you know about the 1998 investigation? Jerry Sandusky was investigated by both the PA DPW and CYS and cleared of any wrong-doing. The university was aware of the investigation but not involved with it. If anything this further explains why there seems to have been minimal urgency in 2001 as it appeared to be the exact same scenario … showering with a boy. So Penn State administration could have simple felt it was no big deal since it was already investigated by the “experts” without issue. I believe it was after the 1998 shower incident where TSM CEO Jack Raykovitz (child psychologist) told Sandusky to wear swim trunks if he were to shower with boys.

As for the grand jury testimony, this is the transcript:

Q: I think you used the term fondling. Is that the term that you used?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I don’t know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.

It was a sexual nature. I’m not sure exactly what it was.

I didn’t push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset. Obviously, I was in a little bit of a dilemma since Mr. Sandusky was not working for me anymore.

So I told — I didn’t go any further than that except I knew Mike was upset and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.

Joe Paterno twice said he was unclear what it was, once says sexual nature which could have been a question (not statement) and once called it inappropriate action. Horseplay can be considered sexual in nature, but it is a long, long way from the word “rape” you used in your article.

I would still appreciate an answer to my question why you used Penn State (1 on campus incident, no cover up) over Michigan State (over 100 on campus incidents, obvious cover up/protection). Seems like Michigan State is a lot closer of an anology to the Catholic Church scandal?!

Thanks,
xxxx xxxxxxx
Bravo, JPR. BRAVO.

Reactions: T J and Zenophile
"In that way, what the Catholic church has done is not that much different than how Penn State responded to charges that former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky had molested and raped numerous children."

Guys, do not let him off the hook for this.

Mike Argento margento@ydr.com

"In that way, what the Catholic church has done is not that much different than how Penn State responded to charges that former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky had molested and raped numerous children."

Guys, do not let him off the hook for this.

Mike Argento margento@ydr.com

Is he saying that Catholic church reported EVERY report it received, no matter how vague, like PSU did? Granted it's apples and oranges since the church has responsibility for predators and victims, where as PSU had responsibility for neither.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Is he saying that Catholic church reported EVERY report it received, no matter how vague, like PSU did? Granted it's apples and oranges since the church has responsibility for predators and victims, where as PSU had responsibility for neither.
Please ask him.

Reactions: Zenophile
This will last at least as long as the 1919 Chicago White Sox scandal so your great grandchildren will still hear about it. Thank you OGBOT.

Reactions: royboy
This will last at least as long as the 1919 Chicago White Sox scandal so your great grandchildren will still hear about it. Thank you OGBOT.

But also look at the case of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. The guy is considering a hero now. And regardless of how you feel about Sandusky's overall guilt or innocence, it is quite obvious that there is a LOT more evidence that Carter murdered three people than there is that Jerry Sandusky sexually molested boys.

Thank you PSU Board of Trustees!.. You deserve to be transferred to the board of the Second Mile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT