ADVERTISEMENT

How is PSU gonna fit all of these recruits in the lineup?

By all, nomad means except for Busiello, Verkleeren and Manville for a good part of their careers.

Which has been fairly obvious.

Nobody is worried about RBY, Teasdale, or Nick Lee.

Fair enough. I guess time will tell on whether RBY or Teasdale can make 125 for a year. Either way, you guys are on a roll and it is forcing every other team to up the ante to keep pace.

He is a definite candidate for a medical redshirt, but I believe he has to wait until his year clock has expired.

Correct. Right now he is a RS Junior this season and since he redshirted as a true frosh it's unlikely he will get a 6th year.

By all, nomad means except for Busiello, Verkleeren and Manville for a good part of their careers.

filed under the journalism is dead category. this could have been much more informative had more work been undertaken. reading through a few threads would have given you this info.

#Homeworkassignmentsareboring

Nomad didn't even consider Hall taking an Olympic shirt. I'm the other way -- hard for me to imagine Hall not taking it.

The Raptor is beating Nico in the room right now and is on deck to wrestle Spyker immediately following the Pletcher Carton match whichever mat that is on. So I like his chances against Beard

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Nomad didn't even consider Hall taking an Olympic shirt. I'm the other way -- hard for me to imagine Hall not taking it.
Actually, he did. I heard that Mark won't. So I asked him to adjust it. Certainly it's an option that Mark will have.

Actually, he did. I heard that Mark won't. So I asked him to adjust it. Certainly it's an option that Mark will have.
Hey CP - A few weeks ago I was coming back from my farm in Highland Co and stopped at a gas station outside of Churchville. A patron saw my wrestling t-shirt and started talking. He said he knew you well (coached you or with you) during you days up this way. I can't think of his name.. older gentlemen.

Hey CP - A few weeks ago I was coming back from my farm in Highland Co and stopped at a gas station outside of Churchville. A patron saw my wrestling t-shirt and started talking. He said he knew you well (coached you or with you) during you days up this way. I can't think of his name.. older gentlemen.

Sorry to hijack, but whoa, fo reals? My father-in-law lives in Highland County and we get out there 4-6x a year. I know that exact gas station! Think it was or is called the Gas n Go, which my kids & I always called the Gas n Goat. Cuz farmland of course. I've also been to the last 4 Highland County Fairs, each of which my kids has entered the lamb costume contest.

Lastly, while I knew CP was 'from Virginia' I never learned where. Can't wait to learn your Highland County connection also, CP!

Wow! Were you at Riverside Grocery? This is great. Could have been Coach Leonardo Lopez OR Coach Rick Snyder. There was a little league coach last name of Arnott. Wonder who it was!?

Sorry to hijack, but whoa, fo reals? My father-in-law lives in Highland County and we get out there 4-6x a year. I know that exact gas station! Think it was or is called the Gas n Go, which my kids & I always called the Gas n Goat. Cuz farmland of course. I've also been to the last 4 Highland County Fairs, each of which my kids has entered the lamb costume contest.

Lastly, while I knew CP was 'from Virginia' I never learned where. Can't wait to learn your Highland County connection also, CP!

Yes, Highland County borders Augusta County. So I've been there many times (though it's a hike bc of the mountain). We used to go to the Maple festival all the time back in the day. GOD'S COUNTRY!

Reactions: jtothemfp
Wow! Were you at Riverside Grocery? This is great. Could have been Coach Leonardo Lopez OR Coach Rick Snyder. There was a little league coach last name of Arnott. Wonder who it was!?

Yes, Highland County borders Augusta County. So I've been there many times (though it's a hike bc of the mountain). We used to go to the Maple festival all the time back in the day. GOD'S COUNTRY!

It really is! I always feel much closer to God out there.

jtothemfp:

CP--You're still in the Harrisonburg/Bridgewater area, aren't you?

jtothemfp:

CP--You're still in the Harrisonburg/Bridgewater area, aren't you?
Not anymore. I moved to the Austin, TX area last Summer. All my family is in that general (20 min south) area.

Great article! Anyone else think it's a stretch that Berge can stay at 149 thru the 19-20 season?

If he wanted to move to 57 that year, that would set up an Berge / Joe Lee showdown. And also open up 49 for either Verk or N Lee in 19-20.

Great article! Anyone else think it's a stretch that Berge can stay at 149 thru the 19-20 season?

If he wanted to move to 57 that year, that would set up an Berge / Joe Lee showdown. And also open up 49 for either Verk or N Lee in 19-20.
Heck, I don't know what's going to happen next season, let alone 2019-20.

Man, reading the comments, now Manville is beating everyone in the room, even people that don't compete for PSU....

I enjoy reading this board, but I'm hopeful the new season brings some fresh inside jokes.

Ha! Not that it matters but outside of Churchville at Jakes - coffee shop, subway,gas station, and now they will fill growlers. Before you get to Churchville on 250 going west. It was an older gentlemen. Can't believe I've forgotten his name. He said he heard you were a good writer now!

Highland - yes, have a money pit on top of the mountain (~3300ft) in Hightown that overlooks the Blue Grass Valley - Lil' Switzerland they call it. - just on the other side of Montery Mtn...

small world... I try and get out there ~twice a month... have a money pit on top of the hill. Nice orchard that BigFish Cider is using for their hard cider. Really good stuff (all apple juice... no fillers or extra water). I claim the headwaters for the South Potomac (7 springs on the property) so I retaliate on some news that comes out of DC ;)! The Highland Inn is now open for dinner on the weekends... good local food and chef.

I spent a couple of falls on a seasonal job in Augusta County. Lived near Craigsville, went through Churchville to get to the field sites each day. It remains one of my favorite places that I've lived -- love the woods and hills there. Two humorous exceptions, though:

• A convict escaped from the prison in Craigsville, west of where I was living in an old, defunct CCC camp trailer. No security to speak of, except a flimsy lock on the door. The convicts knew about the place, too, as they would be taken up there for some outdoor labor to maintain the grounds. I awoke the night after the escape to someone rattling my door, exclaiming "F*** this sh**!", and walking away on the gravel path. They caught the convict 5 miles esst of the CCC 3 days later. I had been sleeping with a knife under my pillow the nights in between.

• One weekend I really wanted to see the Florida State - Miami football game (it was still a big deal back then). I barely had any service on the old CCC camp satellite, so tried going to a little general store of sorts on Rte. 250 called "Pappy's Place". I had stopped in there for some Gatorade one time and remembered they had a TV. So, I go there expecting the game will be on, as it is THE sporting event of the weekend. Boy, was I wrong. 4 old guys in overalls sitting in lawn chairs around the TV, watching NASCAR. It was then that this young Yankee realized Virginia was part of The South.

I spent a couple of falls on a seasonal job in Augusta County. Lived near Craigsville, went through Churchville to get to the field sites each day. It remains one of my favorite places that I've lived -- love the woods and hills there. Two humorous exceptions, though:

• A convict escaped from the prison in Craigsville, west of where I was living in an old, defunct CCC camp trailer. No security to speak of, except a flimsy lock on the door. The convicts knew about the place, too, as they would be taken up there for some outdoor labor to maintain the grounds. I awoke the night after the escape to someone rattling my door, exclaiming "F*** this sh**!", and walking away on the gravel path. They caught the convict 5 miles esst of the CCC 3 days later. I had been sleeping with a knife under my pillow the nights in between.

• One weekend I really wanted to see the Florida State - Miami football game (it was still a big deal back then). I barely had any service on the old CCC camp satellite, so tried going to a little general store of sorts on Rte. 250 called "Pappy's Place". I had stopped in there for some Gatorade one time and remembered they had a TV. So, I go there expecting the game will be on, as it is THE sporting event of the weekend. Boy, was I wrong. 4 old guys in overalls sitting in lawn chairs around the TV, watching NASCAR. It was then that this young Yankee realized Virginia was part of The South.

yeah slush.... these days it's breaking up a bit. Richmond area is getting closer to NOVA (mixing bowl), the beach area is military/mixing bowl and out west is a mix. Believe Highland county is the least populated county this side of the Mississippi. The Monterey area reminds me of the old 'Northern Exposure' TV show... some locals, retired CIA, other retiree's, farmers, etc. Below Chester is pretty 'southern'. The far southeastern side of the state is almost on the same longitude as Detroit. Goes way out there and that country looks like Central Pa - in fact I think Carnegie started mining that area after flying over it thinking it looked similar to the central Pa landscape. However, to your point.... pretty damn close to Bristol.

Reactions: slushhead
Your well under the Mendoza line so let Nomad do his thing.

I cannot believe this many people are familiar with Augusta county. Have some great friends from Craigsville, many worked in the Prison. Pappy's Place is now called "Junction Convenience" but nobody calls it that. ha.

Somehow escapes from the prison happened on a few occasions.

small world... I try and get out there ~twice a month... have a money pit on top of the hill. Nice orchard that BigFish Cider is using for their hard cider. Really good stuff (all apple juice... no fillers or extra water). I claim the headwaters for the South Potomac (7 springs on the property) so I retaliate on some news that comes out of DC ;)! The Highland Inn is now open for dinner on the weekends... good local food and chef.

Oh, I realize I mixed up Churchville & McDowell. The Gas n Goat is in McDowell. We do hit the Tastee Freez in Churchville on the way home tho. Thanks for the tip on the Highland Inn. We get off 250 at 678, so really only get out that way for the Fair or if we go to church in BlueGrass. Will have to check it out next visit.

And by way of returning to the OP, these are the two main answers to the oft-asked questions of 'how will PSU fit all these recruits n the lineup' questions is:

1. These recruits care more about a competitive practice room that is more likely to get them to be a National Champion than being a 'guaranteed' 4yr starter

2. These recruits are so elite that they probably don't think that it's THEY who 'won't get to start' 4yrs

I could also add that these recruits disagree with Nick Suriano who 'doesn't need someone to show him how to be a champion because it's all up here (taps forehead), that they can do it alone', but that would just be trolling.

Reactions: matter7172
Heck, I don't know what's going to happen next season, let alone 2019-20.

Indeed Roar. But it's certainly interesting to look ahead at these possible future projections, especially this time of year.

I found myself thinking of the potential of Teasdale, Lee, Suriano, and Fix all going 125 in 18-19. I realize that may not happen. But imagine the excitement at B10s (minus Fix), and Nationals with that group :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT