ADVERTISEMENT

How about this kid. I'm glad that I'm not paying the food bill.(Link inside)

Offers from Bama and FSU already? How soon can schools actually provide official scholarship offers?

6'7" 350lbs in 8th grade. Jeesh, imagine he keeps growing...

Are these offers binding? If the kid accepted the offer would Bama be bound to give it to him when the time came even if he ended up not being any good? For some reason I get the impression that they'd find a way to weasel out of it if they didn't want him.

I think there's such a thing as being too big and this kid may end up being that.

Are these offers binding? If the kid accepted the offer would Bama be bound to give it to him when the time came even if he ended up not being any good? For some reason I get the impression that they'd find a way to weasel out of it if they didn't want him.

I think there's such a thing as being too big and this kid may end up being that.
IIRC, formal “offers” aren’t sent to prospects until the summer between their junior and senior years, and there’s nothing that “binds” either party until the prospect faxes in the LOI.

Offers from Bama and FSU already? How soon can schools actually provide official scholarship offers?

6'7" 350lbs in 8th grade. Jeesh, imagine he keeps growing...

If he's 6'7" and 350lbs at 14 they better switch him to bball and tell him to start dropping weight.
He wont be playing football much longer at that height.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
If he's 6'7" and 350lbs at 14 they better switch him to bball and tell him to start dropping weight.
He wont be playing football much longer at that height.

Well...Did I tell you the Gophers had a 6'10" TE last year?;) Seriously, it could end up that way, or he could be like a few people that I've known over the years. He could stop getting taller after 8th grade.

Anyway, it is crazy. CFB is now chasing college basketball to see who can go youngest.

They probably said something like "if you're good when you're a senior, you have an offer"

Well...Did I tell you the Gophers had a 6'10" TE last year?;) Seriously, it could end up that way, or he could be like a few people that I've known over the years. He could stop getting taller after 8th grade.

Texas Tech just got a commit from a 7'0 offensive lineman.

Anyway, it is crazy. CFB is now chasing college basketball to see who can go youngest.

Actually lacrosse and hockey are much worse in that regard.

Nah you didn't have to I remember seeing him play.
I'm willing to bet this weeks pay check he wont. ;)

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Nah you didn't have to I remember seeing him play.
I'm willing to bet this weeks pay check he wont. ;)

Yeah. The coaches should have moved him to tackle. He became a decent blocker.
Maybe the eighth grader will be the first 7'0" 400lbs lineman...

ADVERTISEMENT