(House) Rules for Thee, but Not for Me

Maverick0

Nov 10, 2001
Atlanta
Curious how the board views some of the potential questions that will come up WHEN the Republicans take over House later this year...

Will Nancy retire rather than be delegated to minority leader?

Will the R’s treat the Ds the same way the same way in the committee hearing as they were treated (i.e. Jerry Nadler & Schiff, etc..)

Will Eric Swalwell have his top security clearance revoked?

Will Merrick Garland allow Hunter to be arrested and charged if his mess is not resolved by then?

Will the Rs try to impeach Biden…like the Ds did to Trump? Or are they all talk? If they can impeach Trump for a phone call to Zelensky and then "incitement", then surely there is enough to impeach Joe for one of the following....Withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle, lying about knowing about Hunters BS and thereby being a threat to be compromised, they can probably drum up something about the OPEN border...

Anyway...slow Friday night, so let's hear it...

Not sure what they can get through as Biden will surely Veto anything they try to pass.

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Curious how the board views some of the potential questions that will come up WHEN the Republicans take over House later this year...

Will the R’s treat the Ds the same way the same way in the committee hearing as they were treated (i.e. Jerry Nadler & Schiff, etc..)

Will Merrick Garland allow Hunter to be arrested and charged if his mess is not resolved by then?

Will the Rs try to impeach Biden…like the Ds did to Trump? Or are they all talk? If they can impeach Trump for a phone call to Zelensky and then "incitement", then surely there is enough to impeach Joe for one of the following....Withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle, lying about knowing about Hunters BS and thereby being a threat to be compromised, they can probably drum up something about the OPEN border...

Not sure what they can get through as Biden will surely Veto anything they try to pass.
Increasing likelihood that your premise is flawed.

Poll a random group of women as you pursue this research. LULZ

Also, review the deltas in recent polling nationwide. Double LULZ

Have a good night.

Reactions: maypole

Maverick0

Nov 10, 2001
Atlanta
Increasing likelihood that your premise is flawed.

Poll a random group of women as you pursue this research. LULZ

Also, review the deltas in recent polling nationwide. Double LULZ

Have a good ni

Roe / Wade is split 50/50. If you think that is going to energize the Dems to come out more than Crime, Inflation, Education and a bumbling Doofus in the White House, I think you would be wrong...but we shall see. Also, those Dems wont have those 2000 Mules stuffing the ballot boxes for them this time around.

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Roe / Wade is split 50/50. If you think that is going to energize the Dems to come out more than Crime, Inflation, Education and a bumbling Doofus in the White House, I think you would be wrong...but we shall see. Also, those Dems wont have those 2000 Mules stuffing the ballot boxes for them this time around.
At least you understood my point. That's a hella lot better than many here would do.

I just now posted a story on this subject. You know where.

junior1

May 29, 2001

here's my opinion...
first of all, in spite of all the national bloviating about the republican red wave, I have never given up the belief that republicans could screw up a royal straight flush if given the opportunity.....so I'll wait to see if and when they take over.

Next, if they take over, their two year plan will be based on how they see 2024 shaping up. They will run through some political bills like - drill more on federal land, deport more immigrants, more fore defense, etc - which Biden will veto, but they'll also get democrats on record.....congress is big on virtue signalling.
At the same time, depending on their vindictiveness, I can see them running an extension of the Jan 6 hearings right wing style...get Schumer, Pelosi, some of the current witnesses back for cross questioning. That would make for some interesting TV.
They will go after Hunter and everyone who has been covering for him. I can see a couple of days of testimony from each of the 51 experts who said hunter's laptop was russian disinformation. I would also expect testimony from the numerous reporters/talking heads who were so adamant that hunter was setup. Where did they get their info? You could add some of the tech industry CEOs to those lists.
Next, if they can walk and chew gum at same time, They mght have just a small Russiagate inquiry. Lots of republicans are still interested in the Hillary connection, adam schiff's declarations, destroying phones from mueller's group etc.
I would not expect anything substantive legislatively from a divided government from 2023-2025. But, that might be a good thing. If republicans accept that status quo, they'll be released to spend their time on sticking it to democrats

junior1

May 29, 2001
I live in florida...ads for Demings for senator are on every day...have yet to see one for Rubio...but I do get a lot of fundraising requests = from both candidates.
Am hearing generic ads now supporting "vote democrat" or lose all your rights, only democrats can save us, reject MAGA.......silence from republicans
Like I said above, republicans can be counted on to screw up a winning hand. They did it in 2020 by waiting until 60% of votes had been submitted by mail before they began their offensive. According to republican leadership, they have a plan for what they will do for the country when they're in power. Wouldn't surprise me if they release it a week or two after the november election

• Sad
Reactions: Maverick0

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006

Nutty Nancy has lost the gavel before. She won't retire. Besides, being Nancy Pelosi is very profitable for Pauly P, so no she won't retire.

Yes, the R's will treat the Ds the same way. They deserve no less.

No, but he should have his clearance revoked.

No, Garland won't allow Hunter to be arrested. We already know the DOJ is protecting Hunter

Yes, the R's will impeach Biden, but it won't be like the Ds did to Trump. There are plenty of legit reasons to impeach Biden.

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001

The problem with impeaching Biden is that Kamala and Nancy are next in line.

Latest posts