House Repubs don't want you to have contraception

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004

House Passes Bill to Codify Contraception Rights After Dobbs​

The vote was mostly along party lines, with all but eight Republicans in opposition to a bill that aims to protect a right seen as newly at risk after the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

I guess those god-fearing yokels don't need no contraception - they can't get it up!!!

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
A Wahlgreen employee denied selling contraceptives to 3 customers today - based on 'religious grounds'. Whose religion and what does that have to do with selling condoms???

Walgreens Cashier Denies Sale of Condoms, and Customers Are Boycotting​

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016

The vote was mostly along party lines, with all but eight Republicans in opposition to a bill that aims to protect a right seen as newly at risk after the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

I guess those god-fearing yokels don't need no contraception - they can't get it up!!!
Where in the Bill of Rights does contraception get mentioned, exactly?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Contraception is not a right.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
A Wahlgreen employee denied selling contraceptives to 3 customers today - based on 'religious grounds'. Whose religion and what does that have to do with selling condoms???

If you went into that store and called the clerk a bitch, could she refuse to sell you your Ensure?

Yes she could.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Then Walgreens should fire that employee if they wish...They could also stop selling condoms all together if they wish...you understand the concept of private property right?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
This just silly gamesmanship. Does anyone believe that contraception is going to be restricted? Only the most gullible fools.

What else was in said bill? Perhaps there is very good reason to oppose beyond the democrats' planned headline?
It was only a couple of months ago that you guys were saying that no State would outright ban abortion either. The GOP and their American Taliban religious right is far more extreme than you want to admit.

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
It was only a couple of months ago that you guys were saying that no State would outright ban abortion either. The GOP and their American Taliban religious right is far more extreme than you want to admit.

American Taliban is NJs new catchphrase. Stolen from Paoli.

Reactions: Hotshoe

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016
American Taliban? So...which states have declared that women can’t vote? Can’t attend school? Can’t drive or work outside the home? Which state kills gay people just because they are gay? Which state has declared that a woman cannot accuse a man of rape unless there are male witnesses? Which state has declared that a woman cannot leave her home without a male family member in her accompaniment? Hello? Anyone? Hello? You are an abject idiot.

Reactions: Hotshoe

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
American Taliban? So...which states have declared that women can’t vote? Can’t attend school? Can’t drive or work outside the home? Which state kills gay people just because they are gay? Which state has declared that a woman cannot accuse a man of rape unless there are male witnesses? Which state has declared that a woman cannot leave her home without a male family member in her accompaniment? Hello? Anyone? Hello? You are an abject idiot.
It’s all relative my friend.

Reactions: maypole

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Congressional Democrats are passing worthless bills of division in their feeble attempt to use them as political tools in their dishonest quest to minimize the damage they incur in the upcoming midterm elections.

Just more unproductive and worthless political gamesmanship as the country surfers the worst economic malaise and pain experienced in history and the missteps and embarrassing moments demonstrated in foreign policy.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

bdgan

May 29, 2008

If that happened the customer could have simply cashed out at a different register.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Whose doctor demands that a woman with no fallopian tubes get an at home pregnancy test?

EastSideGal

May 29, 2001
Explain with details. I haven't heard that.
It would kind of be cool if members of congress were required to write a brief statement/site specific text in the bill as to why they voted no. I don’t mean just for this bill. I mean all bills/members of both parties. That’s one of the reasons I really liked Justin Amash. He would often give a well thought out reasoning for his votes.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
What's your justification for denying voters in each state to make their own decision? Why do you prefer a national dictator approach?

maypole

May 9, 2022
What's your justification for denying voters in each state to make their own decision? Why do you prefer a national dictator approach?
Because it’s none of their goddamed business if I want to use a condom while having sex, that’s why. Who is it harming? And I don’t like their perverted nazi religion being forced on me.
Why not just put up every personal decision to a vote?

Reactions: NJPSU

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

That's dumb. They aren't thinking straight. Left unchecked, the left would procreate exponentially creating a super majority that would never be broken.

My solution? Register democrat and get sterilized. lol...

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Because it’s none of their goddamed business if I want to use a condom while having sex, that’s why. Who is it harming? And I don’t like their perverted nazi religion being forced on me.

Make your own. Stop being a slacker.

Or donate to the condom lobby.

Just stop whining like a little girl.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Which state has outlawed condoms? IT'S NOT HAPPENING ANYWHERE!

You pick your nose and that's nobody's business. Do we need a law to protect nose pickers?

Last edited: