House Panel Advances Bill to Study Reparations

lionlover

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
according to the NY Times. Even if you bought into this (which I don't), shouldn't the American native Indians be considered first?

Last edited:

Gorki26

Gold Member
May 7, 2020
according to NY Times. Even if you bought into this (which I don't), shouldn't the American native Indians be considered first?

Yes they should but this bill is all around the crap. So the bill is to give reparations to ancestors of who's family members were slaves that white people of today should pay who had NOTHING to do with slavery??

How about reparations to white folks who's ancestors fought and died in the Civil War to free blacks from slavery? is the white man dying to free blacks not reparations enough?

lionlover

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Yes they should but this bill is all around the crap. So the bill is to give reparations to ancestors of who's family members were slaves that white people of today should pay who had NOTHING to do with slavery??

How about reparations to white folks who's ancestors fought and died in the Civil War to free blacks from slavery? is the white man dying to free blacks not reparations enough?
It's horse shit on so many levels.

Reactions: psuted and Sullivan

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Come on libs, it's your turn to chime in.
  • How much should we give them?
  • Do millionaire blacks qualify?
  • Why should people who never owned slaves have to pay?
  • Why should descendants of relatives who died fighting slavery have to pay?
  • Will this eliminate racism?

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
according to the NY Times. Even if you bought into this (which I don't), shouldn't the American native Indians be considered first?
Excellent dog whistle for our favorite bigots on this board and they all came running salivating- well done!

Reactions: NJPSU

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016

What about descendants of black slave owners? Do they still get a cut? Or descendants of white slaves (who far outnumbered black slaves in America until the 1700s). Do they get a cut?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I do not support reparations.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
You voted for it. You knew it was coming, and you still voted for it. Own it.
Silly response.

Just because I vote for a candidate doesn't mean I have to support every policy they propose.

This wasn't allowed with Trumpism which why it more resembled a Cult than a political movement.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Silly response.

Just because I vote for a candidate doesn't mean I have to support every policy they propose.

This wasn't allowed with Trumpism which why it more resembled a Cult than a political movement.
A cult? What do you call a situation where one candidate is protected by the MSM and big tech, just to help him get elected, and protect him, and his family, from criticism? Own the fact that you are part of a cult.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
images

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
A cult? What do you call a situation where one candidate is protected by the MSM and big tech, just to help him get elected, and protect him, and his family, from criticism? Own the fact that you are part of a cult.

Big tech protected everyone from an authoritarian who attempted a coup to overthrow the results of an election. It ended with a riot in Capitol which was the final straw.

What Big Tech did in censoring Trump was self preservation for themselves and our overall democratic process.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
My thoughts are whatever small benefit the African American community would get from reparations would be erased by the additional racial tension it would cause.

It's also just ridiculous in my opinion considering how many generations we are now removed from slavery.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Big tech protected everyone from an authoritarian who attempted a coup to overthrow the results of an election. It ended with a riot in Capitol which was the final straw.

What Big Tech did in censoring Trump was self preservation for themselves and our overall democratic process.
The Hunter stories, too? He was under investigation during the campaign. You aren’t being honest.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
The Hunter stories, too? He was under investigation during the campaign. You aren’t being honest.
The Hunter stories were such a blatant political ploy by Rudy that you can't possibly blame the media for laughing at them. Rudy had to shop that story to a handful of right wing outlets to even get one to run with it.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Silly response.

Then you're a hypocrite. You routinely accuse conservatives of supporting everything Trump says or does.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Then you're a hypocrite. You routinely accuse conservatives of supporting everything Trump says or does.
Because they do. That’s why it’s a cult.

He got them to abandon their conservative principles and adopt Trumpism instead.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
You're such a liar.
Not a liar. You are literally the only Rightie on this board who has ever admitted they disagreed with Trump on anything. They defended his behavior time and time again no matter how indefensible it was. It was and still is a Cult.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Not a liar. You are literally the only Rightie on this board who has ever admitted they disagreed with Trump on anything. They defended his behavior time and time again no matter how indefensible it was. It was and still is a Cult.
Several board conservatives have been critical of some things Trump has said or done. More have "liked" posts that were critical of certain things but supportive of his policies in general.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Tom Wolfe would call this "steam control." If you have ever read "Bonfire of the Vanities," you know what I mean.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

Are they really "native"??? Reality is no one is "native" to the Americas. They came from at the time a land bridge between Alaska and Russia. The only claim they have was they were the first ones to immigrate to this country.

• Haha
Reactions: lionlover

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

Yes you are and you proved it with another lie by lie

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
i think we should have a special liberal millionaire tax to fund this initiative. If you are a member of the Dem party and have a net worth of $10M, 10% wealth tax every year until they hit the amount they need to fund reparations. Absolutely include rich black social justice warriors athletes, after all I'm sure they want to help their brothers.

• Haha
Reactions: lionlover