ADVERTISEMENT

Hope they Rotate QBs

Hero17

Nov 10, 2011
Would like to see some early series from both QBs. See how they both do with 1st team prep time.
Veilleux can't be worse, shit that was bad last week.
Playing at home is huge.

DT depth - looking forward to seeing some younger DTs get more snaps and someone becomes dominate. They seemed to play OK last week after losing an all american, IMO, I didn't notice a drop off but I had a lot of guinness during the game.

schadenfreude - cool part was we didn't have to wait long.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Would like to see some early series from both QBs. See how they both do with 1st team prep time.
Playing at home is huge.

DT depth - looking forward to seeing some younger DTs get more snaps but they seemed to play OK last week after losing an all american, IMO, I didn't notice a drop off.

Relax.

Roberson was truly awful in the Iowa game. Not trying to pick on him but he was 7/21 for 34 yards passing, 2 interceptions, and 0 TDs in 2.5 quarters of play. He’s been here 3 years and he wasn’t ready or prepared to play at all. That said, he may still be the best of the 2 backups. 😳

If he’s the best there is then the rest of the team, especially the O line and RBs need to finally get their act together and help him out or it’ll be a long few weeks.

Roberson was truly awful in the Iowa game. Not trying to pick on him but he was 7/21 for 34 yards passing, 2 interceptions, and 0 TDs in 2.5 quarters of play. He’s been here 3 years and he wasn’t ready or prepared to play at all. That said, he may still be the best of the 2 backups. 😳

If he’s the best there is then the rest of the team, especially the O line and RBs need to finally get their act together and help him out or it’ll be a long few weeks.
Read you post as fast as you can then it's really funny.

• Haha
Reactions: MaconNitt
Playing at home is huge.

DT depth - looking forward to seeing some younger DTs get more snaps and someone becomes dominate. They seemed to play OK last week after losing an all american, IMO, I didn't notice a drop off but I had a lot of guinness during the game.

Only on a message board would folks criticize the second string QB and want them to play the third string guy. There’s a reason he’s third string. And some even want them to play a TE at QB. Good lord.

Only on a message board would folks criticize the second string QB and want them to play the third string guy. There’s a reason he’s third string. And some even want them to play a TE at QB. Good lord.
Substitute Clifford's name for Roberson and you have the BWI CAC preseason evaluation of Cliff.
Nice that all the keyboard coaches are ready to flush a kid's career with less than 3 quarters of game reps.
Clearly the guy who hasn't played at all is better......LOL fanboys
Oh, and let's take a guy that played QB is high school and throw him in too.

Substitute Clifford's name for Roberson and you have the BWI CAC preseason evaluation of Cliff.
Nice that all the keyboard coaches are ready to flush a kid's career with less than 3 quarters of game reps.
Clearly the guy who hasn't played at all is better......LOL fanboys
Oh, and let's take a guy that played QB is high school and throw him in too.
apparently some posters have unrealistic expectations and have apparently never coached or watched the games because apparently they get dizzy. :rolleyes:

on a side note apparently I do not know what your definition of fanboy is ;)

I'd have Roberson, Veilleux, and Warren draw straws. Depending on the draw, each gets a quarter of their choice. Whoever does the best in whichever quarter they play gets to play the fourth quarter. What I like about this method is that when the first, second, and third quarters end, that guy's done - unless, of course, the guy who plays the third quarter does the best. He'd continue in the fourth quarter. Wouldn't that be cool? Imagine a guy's in the middle of a long scoring drive and the first quarter ends. That would really put the pressure on the next guy to show his stuff. Whaddya think?

Last edited:
I'd have Roberson, Veilleux, and Warren draw straws. Depending on the draw, each gets a quarter of their choice. Whoever does the best in whichever quarter they play gets to play the fourth quarter. What I like about this method is that when the first, second, and third quarters end, that guy's done - unless, of course, the guy who plays the third quarter does the best. He'd continue in the fourth quarter. Wouldn't that be cool? Imagine a guy's in the middle of a long scoring drive and the first quarter ends. That would really put the pressure on the next guy to show his stuff. Whaddya think?

dumb-huh.gif
Why not just pick some random asshole out of the stands and see what they could do? Wouldn't that be cool? Better yet, take an offensive lineman who can throw the ball 80 yards and let him sling it.
I mean, if you don't try these things....you are not giving everyone a fair chance.

Playing at home is huge.

Roberson needs to play and get some confidence. If PSU is up big @ the end of the 3rd, then perhaps Veillueux can get some reps. Roberson is # 2, whether people feel by default, that is the position he was placed in coming out of camp. I expect he will play better against the Illini with a week of practicing with the 1s. We have to trust Coach Yurcich to put him in position to succeed with the play calling.

Playing at home is huge.

On a positive note, I think our DTs played fine after Mustipher got hurt. They started a lot of drives at midfield and the D pretty much held up save for one pass.

Why not just pick some random asshole out of the stands and see what they could do? Wouldn't that be cool? Better yet, take an offensive lineman who can throw the ball 80 yards and let him sling it.
I mean, if you don't try these things....you are not giving everyone a fair chance.
Open tryouts on campus. Maybe we can find some diamond in the rough, gun slinger out of the 40,000 student population ala Vince Papale!

To that point. How long until Veilleux hits the portal and heads to Delaware or Shippensburg? Scary to think he is well behind TR, Covid last year or not.

dumb-huh.gif
Even better, I'd put all three in the backfield and teach the center how to directionally snap the ball. On one play he snaps to Roberson who throws a screen pass to Warren. On the next play the center snaps to Veilleux who passes while Roberson and Warren block.

Sometimes the only reason is comfort vs the unknown. Roberson's been around for 3 years vs 10 months for the freshman.

I don't know, but I just watched Purdue beat the piss put of Iowa running 3 QBs out on the field. Maybe that will be the future model, considering open transfers. You get a couple competent QBs, you better find a way to keep them on the team.

Reactions: Nittany_93
I like this idea a lot. We must be certain that this person in indeed a true 5 star asshole.

Perfectly said. Not sure the original poster will get it though.

I don't know, but I just watched Purdue beat the piss put of Iowa running 3 QBs out on the field. Maybe that will be the future model, considering open transfers. You get a couple competent QBs, you better find a way to keep them on the team.
I remember a certain coach who won 409 games say if you play more than one QB that means you don’t have any. But what did he know about football? It worked last Saturday for Purdue but it rarely does.

I remember a certain coach who won 409 games say if you play more than one QB that means you don’t have any. But what did he know about football? It worked last Saturday for Purdue but it rarely does.
I get that, and still believe it's true. But times have changed. Joe didn't have to deal with open transfers. As seen last week, having some competent QB depth is critical. Good players want to see meaningful playing time and will go elsewhere to find it if needed. Other than rotating QBs, how do you keep any depth?

One thing that will never change in football, regardless of level or position played. The backup is always one play away from being the starter.

Reactions: MaconNitt
thinking about this more I can see a packaged added during the bye week focusing on plays maximizing Roberson's legs and reads he's most comfortable with. I can see them expanding the wildcat package with a few more wrinkles.

Will be fun to watch how it unfolds saturday.

Playing at home is huge.

Woah, slow down there, lets hear that Clifford isn't playing first before we go talking about who plays QB. I am sure Roberson getting majority of the reps last week and this week will look better than he did against Iowa's defense.

Mostly agree but there's nothing like seeing a player in real game action. Sometimes players practice well but struggle doing it in a real game.

Reactions: Hero17
ADVERTISEMENT