ADVERTISEMENT

Home from Budapest

Budapest18

Oct 28, 2018
This is my first post however Ive been enjoying everyone’s posts for years and have decided to share my top ten takeaways from Budapest. The actual wrestling has been covered, these top ten are based on my observations. Hope to give every one a different insite to the experience.
#10- I liked the quiet music being played during the matches, removes the awkward silence.
#9- Ran into several members of our military ,Air Force & Army stationed in Germany who made the trip , just thought that was so cool, one was sporting complete PSU attire.
#8 - Best dish Goulash, tried it at four separate locations , biggest mistake ordering was blood sausage, I ate all of it but won’t be ordering again
#7- Women’s wrestling, the ladies go hard, very impressive!
#6 - Budapest bathrooms were spotless, makes me hope the kitchens were as clean.
#5USA wrestling folks did an excellent job with the arrangements coming and going, to the point of guiding us to the subways and assisting with ticket purchases etc, made life easy.
#4 - Dan Gable, we stayed at the same hotel, so took the same walks to the subway etc, he was just Very nice to everyone.
#3- Sitting behind Nashon while Joe was wrestling, total team mate rooting for Joe.
#2. Team after party and chatting with all the guys. Very apparent DT and KD have a great appreciation for one another and that they drove one another to becoming World Champions.

#1- Meeting and having time to chat with Aaron Brooks. This young man is impressive, We are soooo lucky!! Hope to meet his Father some day just to shake his hand for a job well done.

This is my first post however Ive been enjoying everyone’s posts for years and have decided to share my top ten takeaways from Budapest. The actual wrestling has been covered, these top ten are based on my observations. Hope to give every one a different insite to the experience.
#10- I liked the quiet music being played during the matches, removes the awkward silence.
#9- Ran into several members of our military ,Air Force & Army stationed in Germany who made the trip , just thought that was so cool, one was sporting complete PSU attire.
#8 - Best dish Goulash, tried it at four separate locations , biggest mistake ordering was blood sausage, I ate all of it but won’t be ordering again
#6 - Budapest bathrooms were spotless, makes me hope the kitchens were as clean.
#5USA wrestling folks did an excellent job with the arrangements coming and going, to the point of guiding us to the subways and assisting with ticket purchases etc, made life easy.
#4 - Dan Gable, we stayed at the same hotel, so took the same walks to the subway etc, he was just Very nice to everyone.
#3- Sitting behind Nashon while Joe was wrestling, total team mate rooting for Joe.
#2. Team after party and chatting with all the guys. Very apparent DT and KD have a great appreciation for one another and that they drove one another to becoming World Champions.

#1- Meeting and having time to chat with Aaron Brooks. This young man is impressive, We are soooo lucky!! Hope to meet his Father some day just to shake his hand for a job well done.

First post? What's been taking you so long? You certainly don't sound like Vodka!!

Holy cow that is plain cheating for a first post. You now have a 32-1 ratio of likes to posts. No one is going to be able to match that pace. Great first post though.

Holy cow that is plain cheating for a first post. You now have a 32-1 ratio of likes to posts. No one is going to be able to match that pace. Great first post though.

Mr Brooks says, "Hold my beer..." If he happens to drink beer. Hopefully me putting words in his mouth doesn't offend him, but he seems pretty level headed. :)

Ok, he only has a measly 851 likes to his current 64 posts, 13-1, but on a bigger samples.

But I do agree that Budapest has a great start!

Reactions: lookleft goright
Goldbanger, it took me that many years to figure out how to post here, needed to wait until my granddaughter, now five , learned me up.. FYI, the Mrs. and I shared your suite two years ago at Nationals, good fun.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER

In reference to #6, George Costanza is usually my go to guy but any chance I can just ask you when I need a magnificent facility?

for every dumpster fire thread/post there are many posts/threads like this that are why this is such a great board.

great first post! Keep them coming.

Goldbanger, it took me that many years to figure out how to post here, needed to wait until my granddaughter, now five , learned me up.. FYI, the Mrs. and I shared your suite two years ago at Nationals, good fun.

Well my friend, they have done a Bang up (pun intended) job learnin' you up!! Welcome to the jungle!!

ADVERTISEMENT