Holy Cr*p NCAA Recommends removing minimum standardized test scores in [supposed] effort to advance racial equity

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
Seems fair. There arent enough black football players.

What cracks me up is that this brain dead task force was formed to “advance racial equity”. All it does is put more Black people in slums (not that the Dems aren’t trying to do that anyway with their intentionally racist open border policy).

No motivation to better yourself academically or obey the law? A life in the hood spent with having to rely on eternal government dependency and crime.

Reactions: Cosmos and bdgan

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Gonna be a lot more kids flunking out of college as a result since they never should have been there in the first place

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
No way we'll compete in a global marketplace with this albatross hanging around our neck. China, Vietnam, India et al could give two hoots about 'the sins of our fathers'. In fact, if they aren't laughing at us right now then they look on with amusement.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
I don't necessarily agree with it but if some school are dropping standarized testing from their admissions requirements, why should the NCAA subject athletes to those requirements??? The NCAA requirements have little to do with academic standards as we all know the NCAA has none. It's more to do with trying to create a level playing field amongst teams and to be honest they are doing a lousy job with that.

Reactions: psualt

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
I don't necessarily agree with it but if some school are dropping standarized testing from their admissions requirements, why should the NCAA subject athletes to those requirements??? The NCAA requirements have little to do with academic standards as we all know the NCAA has none. It's more to do with trying to create a level playing field amongst teams and to be honest they are doing a lousy job with that.
While your point is valid, i think the broader gripe is with this complete and utter nonsense that there isn’t even objective truth like 2+2=4 and that reasoning is the basis for the movement away from standardized testing in woke leftist circles.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Because on some level the NCAA is about a college education.

This is why tutors doing exams isn't allowed.

To use your argument, why should the NCAA care of a college allows a player to opt out of all exams and have an alternate test for them if the school is OK with it?

LdN

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016
What cracks me up is that this brain dead task force was formed to “advance racial equity”. All it does is put more Black people in slums (not that the Dems aren’t trying to do that anyway with their intentionally racist open border policy).

No motivation to better yourself academically or obey the law? A life in the hood spent with having to rely on eternal government dependency and crime.
If they are trying to promote racial equity then shouldn’t each college team be comprised of ~55% Whites, 5% Asians, 13% blacks and the rest Hispanics, Indigenous Peoples, Pacific Islanders and others?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
If they are trying to promote racial equity then shouldn’t each college team be comprised of ~55% Whites, 5% Asians, 13% blacks and the rest Hispanics, Indigenous Peoples, Pacific Islanders and others?

I'd argue that when you look at all NCAA teams combined at a University vs scholarships, it is probably weighted the opposite of what you think it is.

LdN

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I'd argue that when you look at all NCAA teams combined at a University vs scholarships, it is probably weighted the opposite of what you think it is.

LdN
No deflecting.

Should not each team be racially equal? By the insane "thinking" process of liberals.

No deflecting. No averaging it out.

Answer directly.

Reactions: dailybuck777

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
do
No deflecting.

Should not each team be racially equal? By the insane "thinking" process of liberals.

No deflecting. No averaging it out.

Answer directly.

Liberals only provide additional support to themselves and people they view as inferior to themselves.

So no. If every NCAA team was all black the liberal view would be this is ok.

LdN