ADVERTISEMENT

Hocutt is a real piece of work - 1st basically says that U-dub made it in due to Conf Title despite

Franklin_Restores_TheTradition

Oct 25, 2015
...a beyond weak OOC schedule and therefore overall weak SOS (due to Pac12 being relatively weak)....but then turns around and doesn't apply the same logic to PSU (i.e., PSU won the Conference Title and had the best absolute record in the most difficult Conference in all of CFB with 4 of the highest 7 "Selection Committee" ranked teams going into Championship Weekend!!!). So PSU winning the most difficult Conference in all of CFB should not be rewarded as Washington was playing in a far weaker conference by the Selection Committee's own rankings because PSU played a far more difficult OOC schedule than U-dub and didn't play two plain awful FBS teams and an FCS team OOC??? Hocutt's explanation is utter double-talk!!! You reward Washington for going 9-1 in the Pac12 and winning a Pac12 Conference Championship, but you don't reward PSU for going 9-1 (better than any other b1g team) in the B1G Conference when the B1G Conference went into Championship Week with 4 of the 7 highest ranked teams in the Selection Committee's own rankings??? Huh??? WTF??? His explanation makes ZERO sense except to anybody who is as big a moron as this double-talking dolt!!! HERE IS A LINK to the story with Hocutt;'s quotes - scroll to second Headline down.

Reactions: ralphster
Once he said that they started comparing statistics I almost lost it. The statistics are part of the weak non-conference schedule. Shouldn't you have really good statistics against weak teams? I mean c'mon. I knew PSU wasn't getting in and I was fine with it until I heard his reasoning for putting Washington in over PSU. Why didn't anybody ask him what he believed was the PAC12's signature win against a Power 5 school? Does anybody really know how good the PAC12 is? To top it all off he goes onto say that Washington just beat a ranked (at the time) Washington State team who was playing with a lot of momentum. Who in the hell did Washington State beat that is so good? They lost to freaken Eastern Washington and gave up 45 points while doing so.

Either 6 or 8 teams. 5 power 5 winners and either 1 or 3 at large bids. If one, 3-6 play rd 1 and go from there.

I think Ohio State has a great resume. But by them not playing in their own conf champ game, the committee is basically suggesting that they would win that game 100% of the time. If Ohio State plays that game and loses, are they in the playoff? They shouldn't be. But who knows. I think giving teams the ability to just sit back and not play that extra game to win the conference and vote them into the CFP is a very very very poor precedent being set.

The other precedent of playing cream puffs OOC is another dangerous precedent.

And the fact that Michigan was in the mix while losing 2 or their last 3 games is very confusing. Historically, late losses are basically a coffin for national championship hopes. But not for the wolverines?

All I know is for all Penn State's achievements, it all boiled down to 2 losses and that's it. Which is fine. I'm just not buying that these other teams really accomplished much more, if not less.

Or Penn State just failed the all elusive "Eye Test".

...a beyond weak OOC schedule and therefore overall weak SOS (due to Pac12 being relatively weak)....but then turns around and doesn't apply the same logic to PSU (i.e., PSU won the Conference Title and had the best absolute record in the most difficult Conference in all of CFB with 4 of the highest 7 "Selection Committee" ranked teams going into Championship Weekend!!!). So PSU winning the most difficult Conference in all of CFB should not be rewarded as Washington was playing in a far weaker conference by the Selection Committee's own rankings because PSU played a far more difficult OOC schedule than U-dub and didn't play two plain awful FBS teams and an FCS team OOC??? Hocutt's explanation is utter double-talk!!! You reward Washington for going 9-1 in the Pac12 and winning a Pac12 Conference Championship, but you don't reward PSU for going 9-1 (better than any other b1g team) in the B1G Conference when the B1G Conference went into Championship Week with 4 of the 7 highest ranked teams in the Selection Committee's own rankings??? Huh??? WTF??? His explanation makes ZERO sense except to anybody who is as big a moron as this double-talking dolt!!! HERE IS A LINK to the story with Hocutt;'s quotes - scroll to second Headline down.

do you ever not complain

Either 6 or 8 teams. 5 power 5 winners and either 1 or 3 at large bids. If one, 3-6 play rd 1 and go from there.

I think Ohio State has a great resume. But by them not playing in their own conf champ game, the committee is basically suggesting that they would win that game 100% of the time. If Ohio State plays that game and loses, are they in the playoff? They shouldn't be. But who knows. I think giving teams the ability to just sit back and not play that extra game to win the conference and vote them into the CFP is a very very very poor precedent being set.

And the fact that Michigan was in the mix while losing 2 or their last 3 games is very confusing. Historically, late losses are basically a coffin for national championship hopes. But not for the wolverines?

All I know is for all Penn State's achievements, it all boiled down to 2 losses and that's it. Which is fine. I'm just not buying that these other teams really accomplished much more, if not less.

PSU's exclusion doesn't bother me that much because it's kind of a toss-up between PSU and Oklahoma among the two-loss teams. However, OSU should not be in the playoff. Even though we keep getting told that they are the 2nd best team in the nation, anyone who has watched them several times knows that they are not.

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan

How about Jim Delany claiming that daO$U was "unequivocally" the best team in the B1G when daO$U didn't even win their own Division, had the second best record in the B1G and lost head-to-head to the East Division Champion??? HERE IS THE LINK to which Delany's pathetic quote is attributed:

Delany said that now the four teams that should be in the playoff are the teams that are “unequivocally among the best.”

Here is the definition of "Unequivocally":

Absolute; unqualified; not subject to conditions or exceptions.​

Pathetic that Delany is quoted as such given that he is representing Institutions of Higher Learning given that daO$U is the DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE of "unequivocally" better than the ACTUAL TEAM who won the B1G East Division Championship, the B1G Championship, beat daO$U ON THE FIELD OF PLAY in B1G play and who had a BETTER OUTRIGHT B1G Conference Record than daO$U!!! Again, pathetic but sadly typical that corrupt b1g shizhole douche-bags like Delany can be quoted with such FRAUDULENT statements made to DEFRAUD PSU's student-athletes UNJUSTLY and equally UNJUSTLY reward the athletes of daO$U! How PSU and Barber allow this bull$hit to stand without even public statement and condemnation is beyond baffling!!!

PSU's exclusion doesn't bother me that much because it's kind of a toss-up between PSU and Oklahoma among the two-loss teams. However, OSU should not be in the playoff. Even though we keep getting told that they are the 2nd best team in the nation, anyone who has watched them several times knows that they are not.
They're 3d now. Musta had a bad week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT