ADVERTISEMENT

hlstone's daughter and congrats!!

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
hlstone's daughter's Field Hockey accomplishments have been intertwined in several threads over the past few years. She has received scholarship monies (academic and athletic) to play at Northwestern.

hlstone, add what you want. I could tell how uber-proud you are of your daughter, as you should be, but you are also very humble. It's ok to get this news out there to your forum-mates :) :).

Last edited:
hlstone's daughter's Field Hockey accomplishments have been intertwined in several threads over the past few years. She has received scholarship monies (academic and athletic) to play at Northwestern next season.

hlstone, add what you want. I could tell how uber-proud you are of your daughter, as you should be, but you are also very humble. It's ok to get this news out there to your forum-mates :) :).
Congrats hlstone and especially congrats to your daughter.

Thank you all for the kind words. One small correction, she is a junior this year. So she will be attending Northwestern in the Summer of 2023.

Now first things first, helping her Lake-Lehman team kick the snot out of her friends at Wyoming Seminary on Wednesday!

As I shared with Roar earlier, this board writing Cael quotes has helped as well. I misquoted them to her all the time growing up. 😀

The day she said she wanted to be a field hockey goalie, I told her, "whether the ball goes in the net, or you make a save, forget about it and stop the next one"

You guys Rock!

Thank you all for the kind words. One small correction, she is a junior this year. So she will be attending Northwestern in the Summer of 2023.

Now first things first, helping her Lake-Lehman team kick the snot out of her friends at Wyoming Seminary on Wednesday!

As I shared with Roar earlier, this board writing Cael quotes has helped as well. I misquoted them to her all the time growing up. 😀

The day she said she wanted to be a field hockey goalie, I told her, "whether the ball goes in the net, or you make a save, forget about it and stop the next one"

You guys Rock!
Clearly she "has a plan" and is "having fun". :) In all seriousness, congratulations!!

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone

You guys Rock!
Awesome news! Congrats!

• Love

You guys Rock!
Congratulations to you and your daughter…Sure to make the Wyoming Valley proud! Hope she can get decent pizza at Northwestern!

• Haha
hlstone's daughter's Field Hockey accomplishments have been intertwined in several threads over the past few years. She has received scholarship monies (academic and athletic) to play at Northwestern.

Come on!? No pics?

A little update.

Her coach told her as long as she doesn’t bomb the SATs, she will breeze through admissions….

giphy.gif

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

I’m sure this doesn’t apply to their field hockey team, but I seem to recall that a popular chant from Northwestern fans long ago when their football team struggled was:

“That’s alright. That’s okay. We’re gonna be your boss someday!”

I’m sure this doesn’t apply to their field hockey team, but I seem to recall that a popular chant from Northwestern fans long ago when their football team struggled was:

Duke football fans used to (maybe still do) the same chant.

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat

Field Hockey team was NCAA Champ in 2021 so it definitely does not apply.

Duke football fans used to (maybe still do) the same chant.
Duke was always her 2nd favorite (PSU being #1) until NU offered. Her top five for years were..
1. PSU
2. Duke
3. NC
4. Stanford
5. Wake
Non of those schools reached out to her. When coaches were able to recruit her, the teams that showed the most love were..(The reasons she gave for not choosing in parentheses..)
Iowa (no way she was going there due to academics, but loves the girls on the team)
Michigan (didn’t like the school colors)
Louisville (great team, bad academics)
BC ( great but not NU)
OSU (she never liked OSU, but considered it because the coach is hilarious. Great recruiter)
Cornell (would have committed , she loves Ithaca)
Stanford (concerned they would drop the program again)

Lol. I think I missed some dates in this thread, but congrats on the state team runner-up and northwestern student-athlete status.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT