ADVERTISEMENT

High noon tomorrow: Penn State will shock the world

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I'm already on the early-week 16-point (now 15) betting cover but am going further to be the only person in America who predicts Penn State will take down the mighty Bucks outright.

The intangibles have lined up. The time has come. History calls. Destiny beckons. Fate awaits.*

* This prediction is for "educational" purposes only and should not be used as the basis for an actual wager. ;)

I'm already on the early-week 16-point (now 15) betting cover but am going further to be the only person in America who predicts Penn State will take down the mighty Bucks outright.

The intangibles have lined up. The time has come. History calls. Destiny beckons. Fate awaits.*

* This prediction is for "educational" purposes only and should not be used as the basis for an actual wager. ;)
i love your optimism...but, we were just posting on the test board about the delusional guy in Pelosi's house. Keep talking like this and some, not me of course, might put you in the same category. Still not in the category of joy behar having sex with ghosts but.....
hope you know this post is TIC

Reactions: Jerry and psrurock
That's a very dangerous line. 50/50 it's a close game that we could win or we lose by 30

Did you know: In 2016, the last time Penn State beat Ohio State until today, Penn State was a 19.5 point underdog?

Also did you know: Although the white out is considered the greatest home field advantage, the actual record for highest decibel level at Beaver Stadium for a game, was set in a day game, not a night game.

Final did you know: Penn State has lost 7 white out games, but is undefeated in stripe out games?

Did you know: In 2016, the last time Penn State beat Ohio State until today, Penn State was a 19.5 point underdog?

Also did you know: Although the white out is considered the greatest home field advantage, the actual record for highest decibel level at Beaver Stadium for a game, was set in a day game, not a night game.

Final did you know: Penn State has lost 7 white out games, but is undefeated in stripe out games?
The highest decibel game ever was what, Notre Dame 2007?

I want to believe this will be close, but our LB play is a glaring hole for OSU. We shall see and i took the PSU $ line

Reactions: hlstone
i love your optimism...but, we were just posting on the test board about the delusional guy in Pelosi's house. Keep talking like this and some, not me of course, might put you in the same category. Still not in the category of joy behar having sex with ghosts but.....
hope you know this post is TIC

Haha! Now now, you don't have to be a total nutjob to make this prediction. Slightly delusional? Yeah, that helps.

But if I'm right, I'll be famous as the only person in America to call the W. Hell, maybe ESPN will offer me a job.

If I'm wrong, oh well...I went down with my Penn State flag flying. ;)

Haha! Now now, you don't have to be a total nutjob to make this prediction. Slightly delusional? Yeah, that helps.

But if I'm right, I'll be famous as the only person in America to call the W. Hell, maybe ESPN will offer me a job.

If I'm wrong, oh well...I went down with my Penn State flag flying. ;)
I am sure there are others predicting a PSU win but not many. My heart is all in on the Nittany Lions but my head says O$U has too many weapons for us. I do think we will cover and make it a game. I would LOVE for you to be right!

Reactions: jimarnp and Jerry

OK, I'm eating a dinner of crow tonight...consoled a bit by my beloved Lions at least covering the spread at the end and winning money for those who bet them +16.

But that's small consolation, considering that with 9 minutes to play in the friggin' game, the one person in the country (me) who predicted a Penn State W was looking like a friggin' football genius.

I fact, I was rehearsing my gloating post here...and then came the familiar late collapse.

Oh well, this was at least a respectable loss to one of the best five teams in the country. It's on to Indiana, lads.

OK, I'm eating a dinner of crow tonight...consoled a bit by my beloved Lions at least covering the spread at the end and winning money for those who bet them +16.

But that's small consolation, considering that with 9 minutes to play in the friggin' game, the one person in the country (me) who predicted a Penn State W was looking like a friggin' football genius.

I fact, I was rehearsing my gloating post here...and then came the familiar late collapse.

Oh well, this was at least a respectable loss to one of the best five teams in the country. It's on to Indiana, lads.
Look at the bright side, for 3qtrs and 6 minutes you were a genius after that you reverted back. But, hey we’ll get ‘‘em next year

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry
Look at the bright side, for 3qtrs and 6 minutes you were a genius after that you reverted back. But, hey we’ll get ‘‘em next year
Next year is in the Shoe. We will get hammered again…so it’s on to ‘24

Give us Rhule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT