ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Magoo... did you know the eagles cheated AND had the refs in their pockets?

ericstratton-rushchairman

May 20, 2005
Dallas TX
First, it's confirmed that the formation on the trick play was illegal... cheaters.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...been-penalized-on-wild-super-bowl-trick-play/

And of course this was not a TD catch...

But congrats to Philly nonetheless

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F6660762e1860c0f7dc993064e2bb2949%2F0%2Fcorey-clement-of-the-eagles-scores-against-the-patriots-during-super-picture-id914329930

Reactions: Phil's Rug
It’s actually not. Jeffrey clearly checks with the official as to whether is lined up ok.

It’s a judgement call and the official judged that he was on the line of scrimmage. Hence it’s a legal play

First, it's confirmed that the formation on the trick play was illegal... cheaters.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...been-penalized-on-wild-super-bowl-trick-play/

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F6660762e1860c0f7dc993064e2bb2949%2F0%2Fcorey-clement-of-the-eagles-scores-against-the-patriots-during-super-picture-id914329930

Pretty sure the ruling was that he had control with his left foot down one step prior to the one in that picture, and his right foot was clearly in bounds, so the catch was ruled good. You can argue that the ball wobbled in his hand between the two left footfalls, I guess. It was a close play.

Better sit down loser. This is gonna hurt

1. It was not an illegal formation.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/4/16972192/nick-foles-touchdown-illegal-formation

2. The booth obviously didn't think the control question was conclusive on the TD catch pictured so the ruling on the field stood. stop crying

Now I'll take your original statement about cheating and he refs and raise you this.

Nothing more than Mike Pereira realizing that for the next six months no one gives a crap who Mike Pereira is or what he has to say. See you in September Mike, when the summer's through....

Reactions: BBrown
Nothing more than Mike Pereira realizing that for the next six months no one gives a crap who Mike Pereira is or what he has to say. See you in September Mike, when the summer's through....
Holy Fing sheiss.. was that real? I had michigan flashbackitis on that one... that had to be fake news.... right?

2. The booth obviously didn't think the control question was conclusive on the TD catch pictured so the ruling on the field stood. stop crying
Please don't use "the booth" as the source of strength for the argument. The booth has made some bizarre calls this year and in year's past on what was a catch, what isn't a catch.

Reactions: BBrown
Better sit down loser. This is gonna hurt

1. It was not an illegal formation.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/4/16972192/nick-foles-touchdown-illegal-formation

Now I'll take your original statement about cheating and he refs and raise you this.

Folks need to understand the game clock rules.

Here is the key to what happened on that play:

Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays

In this case the ball was not set so the on field ref indicated the game clock operator to reset to 25 seconds.

As for the original post here, funny how when some ridiculous claim of cheating sets folks off. Yes, all of these claims against the Eagles are ridiculous just as they are against the Patriots. And knowing the posters history most likely tongue in cheek anyway.

Fans are not rationale by definition.

Last edited:
Please don't use "the booth" as the source of strength for the argument. The booth has made some bizarre calls this year and in year's past on what was a catch, what isn't a catch.

No disagreement, but let's not pretend it was obvious that it wasn't a catch as the OP stated. Clearly, the reply booth did not see enough to overturn the call on the field, even if the OP troll who came on here specifically to taunt much of the board says so.

Folks need to understand the game clock rules.

Here is the key to what happened on that play:

Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays

In this case the ball was not set so the on field ref indicated the game clock operator to reset to 25 seconds.

As for the original post here, funny how when some ridiculous claim of cheating sets folks off. Yes, all of these claims against the Eagles are ridiculous, just as they are against the Patriots.

Fans are not rationale by definition.

Agreed on the clock situation. I shared to shut up the OP since he obviously has no idea about the rules of the game.
I will say this however. The claims against the Pats are seemingly not 'ridiculous.' They have taped walk throughs. We know this for a fact and Belichick paid a $500K (and the Pats $250K) fine without much protest for it. They are known to steal play scripts from locker rooms. If it was ridiculous, the majority of the NFL would not actively continue to take counter-measures of placing fake play scripts for Patriot minions to find and conducting fake walk throughs prior to the SB.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the ruling was that he had control with his left foot down one step prior to the one in that picture, and his right foot was clearly in bounds, so the catch was ruled good. You can argue that the ball wobbled in his hand between the two left footfalls, I guess. It was a close play.

Yeah, that picture in the original post is irrelevant. Clement showed control with two feet before that 3rd step took him out of bounds. The only argument is whether any ball movement after the catch was Clement losing control of the ball.

Reactions: sluggo72
Imagine having a fake play book set up for the Pats. When they expected a play to go this or that way it was completely different. Wonder how long it would take for them to adjust to a level playing field. Michigan hasn't yet.

LOL. You do realize that you can take a series of photos, single one out and have it tell a completely different story right?
Seriously, you've been whining for 2 weeks. Seek help.

The next best thing ESPN, ABC and Fox can do is dump the ass hat former officials, like Pereira.

Agreed. Most of the time they are trying to cover the asses of the refs who have blown the call.
Mike Periera's next gig will be press secretary.
He's useless.:rolleyes:

Agreed on the clock situation. I shared to shut up the OP since he obviously has no idea about the rules of the game.
I will say this however. The claims against the Pats are seemingly not 'ridiculous.' They have taped walk throughs. We know this for a fact and Belichick paid a $500K (and the Pats $250K) fine without much protest for it. They are known to steal play scripts from locker rooms. If it was ridiculous, the majority of the NFL would not actively continue to take counter-measures of placing fake play scripts for Patriot minions to find and conducting fake walk throughs prior to the SB.

I am not going to rehash all of this, its too much, however I will say its not as nefarious as many think it is. They taped from a position that was no longer allowed via an email from the league office. So the league punished and fined the coach and team. Interestingly enough, by rule, the league office can't dictate new rules without going through the proper channels but did so anyway. If you want to get really technical, the Pats were not breaking the actual NFL rules at the time of being turned in, but I don't want to go down that road. We know that Goodell rules the league like a town rec league making up the rules and punishments as it goes along. The league sent out the memo and the Pats should have adhered to it.

When Kraft asked Belichick if he gained any advantage by taping on the field and Belichick answered no, Kraft replied 'Then your a schmuck'.

Also of note, the Pats caught the Jets doing the same exact thing earlier in the year but did not 'turn them in'.

Consider now that every team has game film. And those game film will capture coaches signals. If you are an NFL coach that is stupid enough not to alter signals, or indicator signals to call a formation from the sidelines, thn you have whats coming to you.

Anyway, thats all old news. Pats have the evil empire label and will never get the benefit of the doubt in the court of public opinion. The league needs a villain anyway, so the Pats will gladly be their huckleberry. Its not going to last that much longer anyways....

When Kraft asked Belichick if he gained any advantage by taping on the field and Belichick answered no, Kraft replied 'Then your a schmuck'.

So you were in the room when Belichick and Kraft were having this conversation?? Amazing.

Thanks, you gave me my answer.
Kraft shared it. It was widely reported. Not sure what point you are trying to make, but if its you acting like an ass thats your prerogative, but feel free to mute me and get on with your life.

the eagles players and the late Jim Johnson certainly did not agree with the notion that it didnt help them in that Super Bowl

ADVERTISEMENT