ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Glov… Grand Teton search

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Glov…. Any word on the search for that young woman from Florida? Gabby Petito? Word is she went off the grid in GTNP. This is not going to end well. I hope she is not bear bait

Reactions: TheGLOV
Now the boyfriend is missing, too.

HIs family asked the police to come to the house late today and said they have not seen him since Tuesday.

The FBI is processing his belongings at the house this evening.

The family atty says the FBI is now searching for the both of them.

Well I think most following the case have a firm view of whether or not the BF did it.

As to his missing... EZ guess is they got word of impending protests and got him out under cover of darkness.. highly unlikely the fbi won't have him located with 24hrs... then we'll see where it goes.

That said, no one seems ready to bring charges and unless they bring something sizable that lands him in jail without bail, he has zero reason to say a word.

It might be years before they find her bones (those aren't going anywhere) and by then forensics will likely be at whole new level and help pinpoint cause of death. Or not. No matter how it plays out, I doubt the BF says a word unless enough pressure is brought to bear on his parents and guilt overwhelms him.

Well I think most following the case have a firm view of whether or not the BF did it.

As to his missing... EZ guess is they got word of impending protests and got him out under cover of darkness.. highly unlikely the fbi won't have him located with 24hrs... then we'll see where it goes.

That said, no one seems ready to bring charges and unless they bring something sizable that lands him in jail without bail, he has zero reason to say a word.

It might be years before they find her bones (those aren't going anywhere) and by then forensics will likely be at whole new level and help pinpoint cause of death. Or not. No matter how it plays out, I doubt the BF says a word unless enough pressure is brought to bear on his parents and guilt overwhelms him.

Seems to me that they can already charge him with Grand Theft Auto, which is not a minor crime. The Ford Transit Panel Truck belonged to Petito, not him.

Waiting for some here to put the blame on Amanda Knox. Grand Teton is plausibly close to Seattle, no?

• Haha
Seems to me that they can already charge him with Grand Theft Auto, which is not a minor crime. The Ford Transit Panel Truck belonged to Petito, not him.
I keep hearing that as well as the counter which is they were engaged and had her permission. From there it's well we can't confirm and so forth... i think they will use any pretense to get him into questioning and then hope to break him down.. much harder when the lawyer is there and says 'we're done here.'

Doubtful they can hold him long on the charges.

One of the most intriguing cases i've seen.

Police are NOT reporting all that they know at this point.

It is heating up a lot.
The 'big curiosity' moment for me came when they tried connecting this with the murder of the lesbians nearby. My cop friends and I spoke about it a few days back and my immediate take was this made zero sense and was a stretch to find any reason whatsoever to bring him back to utah (ups the ante on legal expenses and leaves him feeling more alone and helpless).

Whether that was the goal or not, it struck me that law enforcement was stuck in neutral. If they have no threats (the van scene sounded more like she was unhinged than anything else), no body, no clear motive, no forensics (iow, he didn't kill her in the van), no useful gps/cell phone data -- all of which seems likely... then all they have is the will to bring him in to talk and convince him to open up. In Utah or Wyoming, they've got a legit home court advantage they don't have now.

Not sure how much the FBI is capable of getting involved beyond forensics.. besides which I'm remined of what a great job they've been doing... especially up in nassar land.

The 'big curiosity' moment for me came when they tried connecting this with the murder of the lesbians nearby. My cop friends and I spoke about it a few days back and my immediate take was this made zero sense and was a stretch to find any reason whatsoever to bring him back to utah (ups the ante on legal expenses and leaves him feeling more alone and helpless).

Whether that was the goal or not, it struck me that law enforcement was stuck in neutral. If they have no threats (the van scene sounded more like she was unhinged than anything else), no body, no clear motive, no forensics (iow, he didn't kill her in the van), no useful gps/cell phone data -- all of which seems likely... then all they have is the will to bring him in to talk and convince him to open up. In Utah or Wyoming, they've got a legit home court advantage they don't have now.

Not sure how much the FBI is capable of getting involved beyond forensics.. besides which I'm remined of what a great job they've been doing... especially up in nassar land.

My thoughts, being the expert that I am, is that he'll end up taking his own life (Tying to make sure his body is not discovered) or he'll go the death-by-police route!!

My thoughts, being the expert that I am, is that he'll end up taking his own life (Tying to make sure his body is not discovered) or he'll go the death-by-police route!!
Looks like I was right again folks!!

You all need to listen to me more! Especially you Tom!

LOL!!

Not sure I should tap "like" to this.. more appropriately (I guess) is that I agree with you. Don't see where else he's going to go unless he's a psychopath and ifeels no guilt.

How does a guy kill a girl?
Big tough dude gets threatened?
Hard to comprehend.

I keep hearing that as well as the counter which is they were engaged and had her permission. From there it's well we can't confirm and so forth... i think they will use any pretense to get him into questioning and then hope to break him down.. much harder when the lawyer is there and says 'we're done here.'

Doubtful they can hold him long on the charges.

One of the most intriguing cases i've seen.

No, right now he is refusing to speak to authorities.... and has now fled. He can't claim she gave him permission as an alibi for stealing the car when he's refused to speak with authorities since his return on 9/1 despite several requests by authorities to speak. With him refusing to speak to authorities, the presumption would be theft (i.e., Grand Theft Auto as the car belonged to Petito, not him, and being engaged does not create "common property" - only actual marriage does that.). Beyond that, it's absurd to postulate and assume Petito gave him her car and stranded herself in the wilderness without food or water (the last video-call her mother had with her was on the evening of 9/25 and they were in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming). No way would she give him her only form of transportation stranding herself in the Wilderness - if anything, had he insisted he wanted to go home (and she wanted to stay) she would have dropped him in a city and let him take a bus.

But given the circumstances, especially his refusal to cooperate with authorities (actually to even say a word to authorities), the presumption would be Grand Theft Auto unless he can demonstrate otherwise (which would require him to put his supposed side of the story on the table which they could then lock him into and begin to chip away at it to demonstrate he's lying.

Now the boyfriend is missing, too.

HIs family asked the police to come to the house late today and said they have not seen him since Tuesday.

The FBI is processing his belongings at the house this evening.

The family atty says the FBI is now searching for the both of them.
Check the girl's father's basement. This hits home for a lot of girl father's .

Gotta admit, Glov, you were spot on that the police were not telling the media everything they knew in an ongoing murder investigation. How often does THAT happen?

Once every 85 years or so!

Just like that stupid comet that comes around and gets everyone excited!!

;) ;) :p ;) ;)

Actually, I am very consistent on a consistent basis!

Last edited:
No, right now he is refusing to speak to authorities.... and has now fled. He can't claim she gave him permission as an alibi for stealing the car when he's refused to speak with authorities since his return on 9/1 despite several requests by authorities to speak. With him refusing to speak to authorities, the presumption would be theft (i.e., Grand Theft Auto as the car belonged to Petito, not him, and being engaged does not create "common property" - only actual marriage does that.). Beyond that, it's absurd to postulate and assume Petito gave him her car and stranded herself in the wilderness without food or water (the last video-call her mother had with her was on the evening of 9/25 and they were in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming). No way would she give him her only form of transportation stranding herself in the Wilderness - if anything, had he insisted he wanted to go home (and she wanted to stay) she would have dropped him in a city and let him take a bus.

But given the circumstances, especially his refusal to cooperate with authorities (actually to even say a word to authorities), the presumption would be Grand Theft Auto unless he can demonstrate otherwise (which would require him to put his supposed side of the story on the table which they could then lock him into and begin to chip away at it to demonstrate he's lying.
Don't see it. Doesn't mean you aren't right but if they wanted to go there they've had ample time. Based on repeated comments on the net, I think people desperately want this to be the reason to bring him in (and it might be) but it's a nothing charge that he'll bail out of... and we're back to square one.

So long as he keeps his mouth shut, it's on LE to make a case and without a body, good luck.

Presuming he isn't gator bait

Don't see it. Doesn't mean you aren't right but if they wanted to go there they've had ample time. Based on repeated comments on the net, I think people desperately want this to be the reason to bring him in (and it might be) but it's a nothing charge that he'll bail out of... and we're back to square one.

So long as he keeps his mouth shut, it's on LE to make a case and without a body, good luck.

Presuming he isn't gator bait

Grand Theft Auto is hardly a chump-change charge especially given the value of that vehicle which is still pretty substantial. If he refuses to talk, he is defacto guilty because he's in possession of a missing person's property (i.e., if he is charged, and refuses to defend himself against the charge, he is defacto guilty being in possession of her property). If he wants to try the absurd claim she gave him the Transit - stranding herself in the wilderness with none of her possessions or any ability to rescue herself.... he would have to say when and where this conversation took place as the timing of him getting back to Florida on 9/1 would make that conversation the last person that saw Petito before her disappearance.

Gabby Petito -- Mark my words. Her and her boyfriend killed that couple. She freaked out and he killed her.
He is in Mexico or similar

• Sad
Glov…. Any word on the search for that young woman from Florida? Gabby Petito? Word is she went off the grid in GTNP. This is not going to end well. I hope she is not bear bait
@TheGLOV is one amazing detective. He's like Cyril Wecht, Michael Baden, and Lieutenant Columbo all rolled up into one towering, forensic genius. Better than that though is that he despises ND more than I do. He's Roman Catholic too. Outstanding!

• Love
Remains found in Wyoming believed to be Ms Petito. So sad. Totally believe the boyfriend killed those 2 campers, Gabby freaked and he killed her fearing she'd spill the beans. Hope they find him and justice is served.

Body found in Wyo.

Presser sked for 8PM eastern.

FBI: Human remains found in Wyoming likely Gabby Petito​

Investigators on Saturday continued the national search for missing woman Gabby Petito a week after she was first reported missing. The search for her fiancé Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the case, has ramped up since police officers went to his Florida home Friday expecting to speak to him and were told by his parents they hadn't heard from him since Tuesday.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
@TheGLOV is one amazing detective. He's like Cyril Wecht, Michael Baden, and Lieutenant Columbo all rolled up into one towering, forensic genius. Better than that though is that he despises ND more than I do. He's Roman Catholic too. Outstanding!

Gabby Petito -- Mark my words. Her and her boyfriend killed that couple. She freaked out and he killed her.
He is in Mexico or similar

Nope!

No link in the two cases.

I can tell you with 100% certainty he is NOT in Mexico.

**Subject to change however! LOL!!

Last edited:

You can add Joe Manix, Barnaby Jones, Magnum-Tom Selleck, and Detective Joe Hunter!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT