ADVERTISEMENT

Here's How IT IS.

We have to be behind Wisconsin and OSU, and randomly a few one loss teams need to be in between PSU and OSU, so yeah, we will not be ranked that high.

I think we drop to five with Bama, OSU, UGA and Wisc to be top four. UGA and Bama will meet in the SEC C-game and maybe same with WIsc and OSU although that is far from certain. I like our changes to make the playoff if we win out in impressive style as we have been doing.

Even if we drop to six, we have a good chance. I didn't come here last night after the game to hear all the criticism, I am sure that occurred and no slam on the board as it's good to evaluate and discuss a loss but sometimes the board gets too negative on the team. What's funny about my making that decision is that I am a test board regular, which is ground zero of the negative post, LOL.

Franklin will have the team focused on MSU and the Lions will be back on track. Lots of football remains to be played.

I think we drop to five with Bama, OSU, UGA and Wisc to be top four. UGA and Bama will meet in the SEC C-game and maybe same with WIsc and OSU although that is far from certain. I like our changes to make the playoff if we win out in impressive style as we have been doing.

Even if we drop to six, we have a good chance. I didn't come here last night after the game to hear all the criticism, I am sure that occurred and no slam on the board as it's good to evaluate and discuss a loss but sometimes the board gets too negative on the team. What's funny about my making that decision is that I am a test board regular, which is ground zero of the negative post, LOL.

Franklin will have the team focused on MSU and the Lions will be back on track. Lots of football remains to be played.

I think we drop to 6. The national media is all over ND and I think they get the nod over us. The only switch to your top 4 would be UGA to 2 and OSU to 3. Once again, media is favoring UGA at this point too. Although JT Barret won some people over for OSU. Top 6: Bama, UGA, OSU, Wisc, ND, PSU

Notre Dame will jump us for sure.

expect to see this:
Bama
Georgia
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Clemson

Not sure what the committee will think of Miami and Wisconsin. If we drop below them - that would be ridiculous. Both of them are not impressing against inferior competition

It starts to make a difference at this point in the season since being closer to the top 4 makes it less teams that we need to leapfrog. Ideally GA loses one of its next few games (Auburn would be most probable). That would mean they probably lose 2 and are out of the conversation. Another good development would be Oklahoma and Clemson losing. Maybe Iowa pulls a big upset which would give PSU a possibility to make the Big 10 championship if OSU were to lose v Mich.

Lots of different scenarios. All PSU can do is win their last three games convincingly and hope for the best. Would be a shame to have a one loss season with that one loss being at a top 6 team by one point and not make the playoffs.

It starts to make a difference at this point in the season since being closer to the top 4 makes it less teams that we need to leapfrog. Ideally GA loses one of its next few games (Auburn would be most probable). That would mean they probably lose 2 and are out of the conversation. Another good development would be Oklahoma and Clemson losing. Maybe Iowa pulls a big upset which would give PSU a possibility to make the Big 10 championship if OSU were to lose v Mich.

Lots of different scenarios. All PSU can do is win their last three games convincingly and hope for the best. Would be a shame to have a one loss season with that one loss being at a top 6 team by one point and not make the playoffs.
understand...that's what I meant. If we don't win the next 4 games handily, then whatever our ranking is today makes no difference. We cannot control anything that Georgia, Alabama, Clemson et al do for the rest of the year.

Last year OSU dropped from#2 to#6 when we beat them. And we were unranked at the time. We shouldn't drop more than 2 spots. this is where the "eye test" is going to come into play.

I think we drop to 6. The national media is all over ND and I think they get the nod over us. The only switch to your top 4 would be UGA to 2 and OSU to 3. Once again, media is favoring UGA at this point too. Although JT Barret won some people over for OSU. Top 6: Bama, UGA, OSU, Wisc, ND, PSU
How about Clemson, Miami, and Oklahoma?

We stayed at #3 in Sagarins rankings! We are 3-1 vs the top 30 while OSU is 1-1. Don't underestimate this. I now believe that we actually have a path to the CFP. We need to root for OSU to lose once

Any other team would fall 1 or 2 places, but because it's us look for a huge screwing and drop.

I give you credit, pnny, for not going off on another Pitt/PennLive troll tangent.

You're wrong and full of shit, but I must give credit where credit is due.

This except Wis & Mia above you. Maybe TCU & Okla St as well.

Wisconsin (best win = who???), Miami (best win = who???), and Oklahoma State (our best win is at least equal to their best win, and our loss is better than their loss) have absolutely no reason to be ahead of us.

You aren't being objective with that opinion.

biggest concern for this team is being able to win out given the condition of the team physically and perhaps mentally. if we have to play the remainder of the season without Bucholtz and Bates, I think we have at least 50% chance of losing again. look at the OFF from the time Bates went out.

Most teams losing this year have generally dropped 6-7 spots after a loss. I expect PSU around 8-9.

Certain schools don't get punished as much as others (depending on media hype for the team that year). A few weeks ago UDub lost to Arizona St and went from 5 to 12. On the same weekend Clemson lost to Syracuse and dropped from 2 to 7. Oklahoma lost to Iowa St and went from 3 to 12.

ADVERTISEMENT