ADVERTISEMENT

Hello and welcome…

Alright I've scrolled all the way down and no Jefe this board will not be the same if we don't have Jefe

Dogwelder checking the new boss is somewhat entertaining 😆. Let's see how long his leash is
Boss? Leash? You talk like a guy with low self esteem. A guy who takes orders from people all day.

Richard and I have a business to customer relationship. I’m providing him with valuable Yelp-type feedback. I’m also testing to see if he’s worth a damn, for all of us to see as we decide whether we stay.

Reactions: danoftw
Boss? Leash? You talk like a guy with low self esteem. A guy who takes orders from people all day.

Richard and I have a business to customer relationship. I’m providing him with valuable Yelp-type feedback. I’m also testing to see if he’s worth a damn, for all of us to see as we decide whether we stay.
low self esteem? What? I'm simply entertained by it. That's all. Carry on with your yelping

This nonstop shilling is getting old already. You would do better to be quiet. Show us. Don’t annoy us. #negativevalue
Dog, give the guy some slack, its only day two. He has to retain and promote.

He is human, if his welcome get longer than the Suriano thread we have an issue.

I'm glad I didn't have to change my mailing address. I did love Tom and will look into that side later.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Dog, give the guy some slack, its only day two. He has to retain and promote …
I am totally trying to help the guy. I am willing to make myself look mean to give him a better chance to slow himself *before* he gets too annoying.

Here, he’s a stranger to us and he comes in bragging essentially that he’s better than our friend Tom or that we should cut Tom off and be exclusive with him. That’s just a bad tactic. Charles Barkley can be brash. Willie Saylor can be brash. Kevin Hart maybe can be brash. But a total stranger with no reservoir of good will and no particular entertaining charisma should tread slowly. Traditional human relations 101.

I’ve tried to help guys before, when I saw they were about to get themselves banned. I see this as a similar effort.

It’s probably not worth it. I tell my kids to not give advice to most people, because people will often actually take the advice and improve themselves, but instead of thanking you, they’ll hate you. And so you will have created a new enemy and improved your enemy at the same time.

But I sometimes do it anyhow because I’m older now, and I don’t care, and I want to try to help people.

Last edited:
… It’s probably not worth it. I tell my kids to not give advice … But I sometimes do it anyhow …
Here are a couple of examples.

I told Tikk years ago he was occasionally verbose, which annoyed him, and yet he immediately wrote more consistently concisely on this list and has not been verbose since. In fact he’s our very best at concisely explaining. Of course he was already great, and I just reminded him to take more care.

I recently told Tikk he should say “yes, and” instead of “no, but”, and I annoyed him again. But I bet he’ll think harder and notice more when he is tempted to do the “no, but” next time. He’s smart. That one change of not mansplaining with the “no, but” can make a big difference to a person’s/his career.

So, now I’m opening myself up to easy cheap accusations of megalomania, “he thinks he invented the Internet,” etc. Whatever. I know what I see. And I try to help people.

Last edited:
Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
giphy.gif

I am totally trying to help the guy. I am willing to make myself look mean to give him a better chance to slow himself *before* he gets too annoying.

Here, he’s a stranger to us and he comes in bragging essentially that he’s better than our friend Tom or that we should cut Tom off and be exclusive with him. That’s just a bad tactic. Charles Barkley can be brash. Willie Saylor can be brash. Kevin Hart maybe can be brash. But a total stranger with no reservoir of good will and no particular entertaining charisma should tread slowly. Traditional human relations 101.

I’ve tried to help guys before, when I saw they were about to get themselves banned. I see this as a similar effort.

It’s probably not worth it. I tell my kids to not give advice to most people, because they’ll often actually take the advice and improve themselves, but instead of thanking you, they’ll hate you. And so you’ve created a new enemy and improved him at the same time.

But I sometimes do it anyhow because I’m older now, and I don’t care, and I want to try to help people.
Well jeesh. Could have used your help over on HR once. Ok..twice. Alright...3 times damn it. Ummm...err...4 times? 5? Ok, let's just call it at least a dozen times and leave it at that.

It’s probably not worth it. I tell my kids to not give advice to most people, because they’ll often actually take the advice and improve themselves, but instead of thanking you, they’ll hate you. And so you’ve created a new enemy and improved him at the same time.

I hate you yet I’ve never taken your advice.

Of course,self improvement is out of my character,so there’s that.

Last edited:
I’m thinking about starting every post from now on with “The problem with you is …” ;) :)
This raises an interesting question. When did we start viewing sluts in a derogative manner? Without the benevolence of easy women most of us would have never gotten laid in our younger days. Of course being married is my excuse now. :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT