ADVERTISEMENT

Hell Just Froze Over!

I was a Pitt fan growing up in the 50's. My dad took me to several Pitt-Penn State games. I had Pitt pennants, those felt, triangular flags, hanging in my bedroom. Every year it was played at Pitt Stadium because "it was Thanksgiving weekend and PSU students were home for break"! That's what I remember.

As a Frosh @ PS in '65, I lived in Watts Hall. Maybe 15 of us who stayed for the TG weekend watched the game in the basement rec room (very spartan compared to today's lounges). I actually had Friday and Saturday classes!
We lost and I couldn't believe how upset my fellow Watts' neighbors were. I thought "Bear" (big guy, lived downstairs) was going to destroy the TV (I think it was B&W). At that point, I thought it was just a game. I think it made us 5-5 and stopped our long run of winning seasons. Last year for Rip.

Dont "hate" Pitt like some here, but I dislike them a lot. Thank you Dooze for sticking up for CJF, but I still don't like you!
My golf team roommate and bff was the son of Kenny Lucas. Kenny played QB for sPitt when Richie played QB for PSU. I think there was a book written about the family and the circumstances at the time.

My golf team roommate and bff was the son of Kenny Lucas. Kenny played QB for sPitt when Richie played QB for PSU. I think there was a book written about the family and the circumstances at the time.
I played golf with Kenny back around '85. He was a member at Greensburg CC. I also used to play paddle tennis with Rick Martha (RIP) at Edgewood CC in Pittsburgh. Rick was Paul's brother. Rick played DB at WVU in late 60s or early 70's.

Well, Narduzzi is indirectly related to this whole issue himself --- listen to the Iowa fans and they will tell you Michigan State faked a bunch of injuries against them in 2011.

So, I suppose his comment is more of a "f*** you, you were wrong in 2011 and you are wrong today" to Ferentz, as opposed to really supporting Franklin.
This was the story line I heard as well…that Duzz is merely defending his defensive players from a decade ago more than he is actually supporting Franklin. I wonder if this is actually more telling of how B1G coaches feel about Kirk?

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
ADVERTISEMENT