ADVERTISEMENT

Hell Just Froze Over!

😂 That’s awesome. At the risk of losing my membership here, I don’t hate Narduzzi and Pitt the way most PSU fans do. Partially because I was born in Western PA and was a Pitt fan through the 70’s and early 80’s until deciding to attend Penn State (I was also a PSU fan at the time too and rooted for the higher ranked team in the season finale). And partially because my younger sister is a Pitt grad (could be noted that she’s an OT and PSU did not, maybe still does not, have an OT program at the time) and it’s difficult to root for her to be unhappy. So I do root for our unrivals when we aren’t playing them.

😂 That’s awesome. At the risk of losing my membership here, I don’t hate Narduzzi and Pitt the way most PSU fans do. Partially because I was born in Western PA and was a Pitt fan through the 70’s and early 80’s until deciding to attend Penn State (I was also a PSU fan at the time too and rooted for the higher ranked team in the season finale). And partially because my younger sister is a Pitt grad (could be noted that she’s an OT and PSU did not, maybe still does not, have an OT program at the time) and it’s difficult to root for her to be unhappy. So I do root for our unrivals when we aren’t playing them.
My wife is an OT as well. Many schools leaned more toward PTs than OTs.

Reactions: rudedude and MJG-90
Both schools have Offensive Tackles. Just kidding, I liked both growing up in W. PA. (Sharon area), however, we received our television signal from Youngstown, Ohio and therefore was forced to watch Big Ten and on Sundays Notre Dame highlights. Never saw anything about Penn State unless it was National. We could get one Pittsburgh and one Cleveland station but they were always fuzzy. My 3 nieces and 1 nephew in law are Pitt grads.
I like both but like PSU much better.

image-asset.gif

The Duzz is posturing to succeed Franklin.
Not at all. The fact that Narduzzi who doesn’t like Franklin one bit and vice versa defended PSU players in an unsolicited manner just shows how bad these claims are by Iowa. As one writer said how come true tempo teams that PSU has played never made these BS claims? How come OSU never made any such claims? I used to respect Ferentz but I have none for him any more.

Well, Narduzzi is indirectly related to this whole issue himself --- listen to the Iowa fans and they will tell you Michigan State faked a bunch of injuries against them in 2011.

So, I suppose his comment is more of a "f*** you, you were wrong in 2011 and you are wrong today" to Ferentz, as opposed to really supporting Franklin.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Well, Narduzzi is indirectly related to this whole issue himself --- listen to the Iowa fans and they will tell you Michigan State faked a bunch of injuries against them in 2011.

So, I suppose his comment is more of a "f*** you, you were wrong in 2011 and you are wrong today" to Ferentz, as opposed to really supporting Franklin.
So, Iowa sees everyone as faking injuries against their notoriously slow offense? 😜

Not at all. The fact that Narduzzi who doesn’t like Franklin one bit and vice versa defended PSU players in an unsolicited manner just shows how bad these claims are by Iowa. As one writer said how come true tempo teams that PSU has played never made these BS claims? How come OSU never made any such claims? I used to respect Ferentz but I have none for him any more.

Well, let’s be honest…..have we ever seen a game where there were so many PSU players that needed medical help? Never, not even close…..and I’ve been watching for 55 years.

Reactions: BBrown
I said the same, so many injuries to KEY players, it almost makes you wonder if a plan was in place to ............oh no, it's Ferentz, he is pure........NCAA wrist slap recently..........pure as the driven hog excrement he is surrounded by.

Your sister is an offensive tackle? You must have good Gene's.

I too was a big Pitt fan back in the 70's when Tony D played there. I went to school in Beaver County so I rooted for the local kid. It all changed the year I spent an afternoon with Jackie Sherrill (part of my job). He bad mouthed Joe and PSU so bad I have hated them ever since. The year was when Martino was just a freshman.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I was a Pitt fan growing up in the 50's. My dad took me to several Pitt-Penn State games. I had Pitt pennants, those felt, triangular flags, hanging in my bedroom. Every year it was played at Pitt Stadium because "it was Thanksgiving weekend and PSU students were home for break"! That's what I remember.

As a Frosh @ PS in '65, I lived in Watts Hall. Maybe 15 of us who stayed for the TG weekend watched the game in the basement rec room (very spartan compared to today's lounges). I actually had Friday and Saturday classes!
We lost and I couldn't believe how upset my fellow Watts' neighbors were. I thought "Bear" (big guy, lived downstairs) was going to destroy the TV (I think it was B&W). At that point, I thought it was just a game. I think it made us 5-5 and stopped our long run of winning seasons. Last year for Rip.

Dont "hate" Pitt like some here, but I dislike them a lot. Thank you Dooze for sticking up for CJF, but I still don't like you!

ADVERTISEMENT