ADVERTISEMENT

Heim

Bobpsu

Jun 25, 2001
State College, PA
Sent to Athletics
If you bring this guy out on the field Saturday PLEASE put a bag over his head…..he appears to be deeply involved in the Sandusky matter and NOT in a good way!!

Bruce K. Heim will represent Army. Heim received a bachelor of science from the U.S. Military Academy, where he earned a varsity letter in football, and earned an MBA in insurance and real estate from Penn State. He served in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne Division, and received the Bronze Star award for meritorious service in connection with ground operations against a hostile force during the period July 2, 1965, to June 29, 1966. He is the founder and chairman of Keystone Real Estate Group, and co-founder/owner/partner of Hospitality Asset Management Co.

Response from Athletics

A University-wide committee, the Military Appreciation Week Committee, has been planning events for this week, including celebrations around Saturday’s football game. This decision was not made by the Intercollegiate Athletics staff. The leadership group of the Military Appreciation Week Committee made the decision regarding coin toss participants.

Inquiries or comments should be forwarded to University Strategic Communications

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Pass the buck. The typical Penn State Way.

Sorry Charlie. What you're telling me is, when Athletics found out about this fiasco, nobody knew or cared that Heim would be about as popular a choice as Saddam Hussein. Nobody objected, or told this Committee outfit that their choice was a POS.

In other words, Athletics was as stone stupid and tone deaf as the Committee was.

Nice job. I think we need another Associate AD in charge of Twitter/Stupidity Control.

Sent to Athletics
If you bring this guy out on the field Saturday PLEASE put a bag over his head…..he appears to be deeply involved in the Sandusky matter and NOT in a good way!!

Bruce K. Heim will represent Army. Heim received a bachelor of science from the U.S. Military Academy, where he earned a varsity letter in football, and earned an MBA in insurance and real estate from Penn State. He served in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne Division, and received the Bronze Star award for meritorious service in connection with ground operations against a hostile force during the period July 2, 1965, to June 29, 1966. He is the founder and chairman of Keystone Real Estate Group, and co-founder/owner/partner of Hospitality Asset Management Co.

Response from Athletics

A University-wide committee, the Military Appreciation Week Committee, has been planning events for this week, including celebrations around Saturday’s football game. This decision was not made by the Intercollegiate Athletics staff. The leadership group of the Military Appreciation Week Committee made the decision regarding coin toss participants.

Inquiries or comments should be forwarded to University Strategic Communications

The head of the University Strategic Communications Department is Lawrence Lokman (relatively new hire).

He has a Twitter account. This was my response to the canned reply you got above:

Reactions: 94LionsFan and tgar
There was a few sentences about this on my TeamStream alert a few minutes ago.
Makes PSU look so stupid.

Who decided to designate this as Military Appreciation Week and under whose auspices was the committee formed? It was not immaculately conceived.

The head of the University Strategic Communications Department is Lawrence Lokman (relatively new hire).

He has a Twitter account. This was my response to the canned reply you got above:

Why not just let Army decide who should represent Army in the coin toss? I am certain they have many great candidates to chose from..

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT