ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Nick S. is making good Progress.That is a great sign for him and PSU. Others better look

internetdoctor.png

He may wrestle in the Big Tens but will not be 100% and could be far less.

It's about being 100% at Nationals, that's more than 3 weeks away. Healthy enough to win what he needs to win at Bloomington. That's neither optimism nor pessimism, that's how the status is shaping up. Best doctors and staff in the nation, best coach in the nation, and this particular kid...let's just say nobody in the nation is tougher.

He'll be just fine and as close as possible to 100% in St Louis, and I've got news for you: NOBODY is "100 %" this time of year. As I said before, Frank beat Sakaguchi with his leg wrapped like a mummy, and Cory Clark is my pick for 2nd place this year, with a shoulder harness and a bowling hand.

It's about being 100% at Nationals, that's more than 3 weeks away. Healthy enough to win what he needs to win at Bloomington. That's neither optimism nor pessimism, that's how the status is shaping up. Best doctors and staff in the nation, best coach in the nation, and this particular kid...let's just say nobody in the nation is tougher.

He'll be just fine and as close as possible to 100% in St Louis, and I've got news for you: NOBODY is "100 %" this time of year. As I said before, Frank beat Sakaguchi with his leg wrapped like a mummy, and Cory Clark is my pick for 2nd place this year, with a shoulder harness and a bowling hand.

Though I think Clark and Suriano are more banged up than most, you're spot on. Win one or two at the meaningless Bigs and be ready to rumble at nationals. Kid is nails.

I'm sure it was explained but could someone clarify quick? It's been said Nick must wrestle at Bigs to qualify for nationals. Does he have to wrestle a full match or two (whichever it is) or can he medical forfeit after the match has started.

I'm sure it was explained but could someone clarify quick? It's been said Nick must wrestle at Bigs to qualify for nationals. Does he have to wrestle a full match or two (whichever it is) or can he medical forfeit after the match has started.

As far as I know, you can default during a match and still qualify, you just cannot mff out of the tournament. Thanks Minny.

So what exactly does "good progress" mean? That term is open to a wide spectrum of interpretation.
PSU is going after a Big Ten Title....Yes that is very very important....He may end up in the finals with the way he is improving....We shall see....

Why is it so hard to believe that a young strong athlete sprains his ankle and is fully recovered in two weeks.

I say he wrestles 100% in Bloomington with a tight tape job to prevent another injury. He makes it to the finals and lets it fly. You can't be a four time BIG champion unless you win as a frosh

Reactions: Real-Lion
Why is it so hard to believe that a young strong athlete sprains his ankle and is fully recovered in two weeks.

I say he wrestles 100% in Bloomington with a tight tape job to prevent another injury. He makes it to the finals and lets it fly. You can't be a four time BIG champion unless you win as a frosh
Great post Wrestler2u...Your getting it !!!!

out if he gets to 100 % big time to say the least....
How'd Jason's nose surgery go? They get it fixed this time? No more blood and lungers for the opponents

And how does Cortez look? We looking at full recovery by season's opening? Really need him for those 180 points next year for the record

All depends on the extent of the injury, right? If it was a minor sprain, maybe. However, the only real info we have is that, as of a few days after the injury, Suriano was on crutches and had his ankle in an air cast. If it's even a moderately severe sprain, the ankle is unlikely to fully recover in a couple weeks. Being young and strong helps, but is no substitute for time.

All depends on the extent of the injury, right? If it was a minor sprain, maybe. However, the only real info we have is that, as of a few days after the injury, Suriano was on crutches and had his ankle in an air cast. If it's even a moderately severe sprain, the ankle is unlikely to fully recover in a couple weeks. Being young and strong helps, but is no substitute for time.
We had concrete information, just as real, from a doctor on this very board, that this was a NORMAL, ROUTINE treatment for a minor sprain, in which the first week would mean an air cast and treatment. Normal and routine, in the scenario of a normal, two week recovery, in time to wrestle in two weeks.

Cael was speaking in terms of the Big Ten tournament, referring to Nick, in that Nick would be there. Cael did NOT infer that Nick would be there as a spectator. That isn't a statement that Cael would have made in that manner. Had Nick been out, Cael would have said Nick was out.

Can hardly wait to pile up your negative posts and dump them on you, after Nick wrestles his first match in Bloomington and qualifies.

We had concrete information, just as real, from a doctor on this very board, that this was a NORMAL, ROUTINE treatment for a minor sprain, in which the first week would mean an air cast and treatment. Normal and routine, in the scenario of a normal, two week recovery, in time to wrestle in two weeks.

Cael was speaking in terms of the Big Ten tournament, referring to Nick, in that Nick would be there. Cael did NOT infer that Nick would be there as a spectator. That isn't a statement that Cael would have made in that manner. Had Nick been out, Cael would have said Nick was out.

Can hardly wait to pile up your negative posts and dump them on you, after Nick wrestles his first match in Bloomington and qualifies.
Yes. He will be good to go....

Given the limited information available, this is really not a worthwhile discussion imho. If you look at the replay, it certainly doesn't look devestating, but you really can't go by that....it really is a function of how badly the tendons and ligaments got stretched in the ankle. Minor sprains heal on their own (and can often heal quickly). Severe sprains don't heal on their own because if the "stretch" is bad enough, the ligament doesn't return to size, you end up with a "loose joint" and the ligament needs to be shortened surgically.

Impossible to say given the limited info available - the only ones who know are the PSU Trainers and Doctor....and they're not speaking. IMO, could be anything from 100% to unable to go at B1Gs, but a stronger likelihood that he will be able to go given Cael's comments (although he could be able to go and not be 100%).

Reactions: mn78psu83
a stronger likelihood that he will be able to go given Cael's comments (although he could be able to go and not be 100%).[/QUOTE]
I think he will be able to go, but not 100%.

Why all the anger, bro? Isn't an air cast and crutches also NORMAL, ROUTINE (your emphasis) treatment for a moderate or severe sprain as well? We just don't what Suriano's physical condition will be at B1Gs, right? Not sure why that sets you off so much.

LOL regarding the final comment in your post. o_O:confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT