ADVERTISEMENT

He was a good man.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
I'm sure you've all seen this video, but it never gets old.

Joe on winning his first national championship:

"Thank goodness for the kids...I went to bed that night."

Humility. It wasn't about him.

And then there's Bob White's story. The Grand Experiment and Success With Honor.

Rest easy, Joe. Miss you.

Rest easy, Joe. Miss you.
When Kar and I deliver a care package to our grandson in SC, we occasionally stop by and pay homage to JoePa. Respect for others and especially those of excellance is the culture Kar and I were taught by our parents.

83834404_135188371189.jpg

To each his own. I will always be appreciative of all JVP did for PSU and Pa.
His foundation was constructed of the right materials and Coach Franklin has built his program on it. Many people wish to believe the worst about others. Those folks are insecure and feel better about their lack of character or achievement in life by denying that others outshine them. So I believe that those who continue to assert that JVP covered up child abuse (despite all the evidence to the contrary) are those who would have done precisely that in the same circumstance.

Well, he set a good example. Pardon the pun, but he was the quentissential white, conservative, christian. He raised aN ideal nuclear family. And, he was blessed with great grandkids.

He could've, at any time, brought in JUCOS and LOWERED the bar to win football games. IMO, he could've won 500 games with that approach. But, he didnt.

He lived an honorable life. That's what society asks of us all, live honorably, give back and set an example.
Well said, Michael. We Are....

i

Link:
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...football-coach-joe-paterno-go-darkrno-go-dark

Bair isn't an emotional guy. He doesn't cry at movies, for instance, but his voice cracked a little when he described telling his wife what he was about to do. His boss was upset giving the order. The symbolism wasn't lost on any of them, and Bair thought about Paterno that Sunday when he flipped the breakers. He rolled auxiliary lights out to the Paterno statue, where a crowd had already gathered, and when his work was done, he had his own private moment there. The last time a death affected him so much was when he lost his mother five years ago.
Continued...
Bair drove around the ramps. He thought about Paterno, who he saw alone in the stadium all the time. He remembered the Big Ten title in 2005, when with about five minutes left in the clinching game, he got a frantic radio message. Someone had dropped the championship trophy and broken it. As he repaired it with some epoxy, Paterno walked into the room, saw Bair and the trophy, and exclaimed, "What the hell?" Bair laughed about that on Friday.
Continued...

He was a good man. I knew I wanted to go Penn State ever since I was a little boy and my dad would take my brother and I up to tailgate with my Pop (my dad's dad) and got to learn to all about the Grand Experiment.

Having only known Joe as The Coach of Penn State, I always thought it would be neat if he was still coaching by the time I became a frosh.

He was.

I'll never forget #409 when the missed FG donked right off the upright.

Unfortunately I was also still a student the night Fran Ganter handed Joe a number to dial (ironically, Fran is in that video you posted Bob).

As I've said before, I won't ever stop fighting for Joe and luckily I plan to outlive the bastards who currently comprise our BOT (it helps that I'm not even 30 yet).

Miss you, Joe.

He was a good man. I knew I wanted to go Penn State ever since I was a little boy and my dad would take my brother and I up to tailgate with my Pop (my dad's dad) and got to learn to all about the Grand Experiment.

Having only known Joe as The Coach of Penn State, I always thought it would be neat if he was still coaching by the time I became a frosh.

He was.

I'll never forget #409 when the missed FG donked right off the upright.

Unfortunately I was also still a student the night Fran Ganter handed Joe a number to dial (ironically, Fran is in that video you posted Bob).

As I've said before, I won't ever stop fighting for Joe and luckily I plan to outlive the bastards who currently comprise our BOT (it helps that I'm not even 30 yet).

Miss you, Joe.
I am far older than you. I was a young man when Joe's head coaching career began. You were there at the end. We both continue efforts to restore Joe's name and legacy, but my days are likely much more limited than yours. It gives me comfort to know there are young men and women who will continue the fight after I am gone.

I am far older than you. I was a young man when Joe's head coaching career began. You were there at the end. We both continue efforts to restore Joe's name and legacy, but my days are likely much more limited than yours. It gives me comfort to know there are young men and women who will continue the fight after I am gone.

Although you may be older, I hope in your lifetime we can see this terrible wrong that's been done to Joe and his family be righted. This Board is one of the last places where this is still freely discussed and for that I am grateful. Happy to be joined with you and all the others who were able to be students while Joe was there.

ADVERTISEMENT