ADVERTISEMENT

HE GOT THROWN TO HIS BACK THEN HE THREW MARTIN TO HIS BACK

Excellent! The only thing it's missing is a shot of the tOSU corner for the reaction of TaTo et al. :)

Reactions: TheGLOV
Awesome. Never gets old. The more I see this, the more I truly believe that Bo "had a plan" when MyMar got in deep like he did, and was mostly in control when he pulled MyMar down and thru (with a small adjustment to get better leverage for the elevator). Truly a Judo move that Mirikatani should/would appreciate. All I hear is that MyMar "made a mistake and got his hips up too high", but looking like Bo Knew for certain.

Reactions: diggerpup
Excellent! The only thing it's missing is a shot of the tOSU corner for the reaction of TaTo et al. :)
It's pure gold. PLEASE somebody find it:
1. TaTo slumped over in chair, disconsolate
2. Tervel with head in hands "Not this shit again" pose
3. Jaggers on both knees with head down, crestfallen

All at the same time. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Awesome. Never gets old. The more I see this, the more I truly believe that Bo "had a plan" when MyMar got in deep like he did, and was mostly in control when he pulled MyMar down and thru (with a small adjustment to get better leverage for the elevator). Truly a Judo move that Mirikatani should/would appreciate. All I hear is that MyMar "made a mistake and got his hips up too high", but looking like Bo Knew for certain.

No doubt that Bo knew what he was doing the entire time. He was like two steps ahead of Martin. Really ballsy.

2 Ohio State fans: Immediately stand and arms up in the air, and then.....slowly.....back to their seats, in shock. Cornell fan section, all standing to cheer, and then, all the "C" sweaters slowly...back to their seats...and another year of envy continues.

Watching Cael react is amazing, jumping in the air, fist pumping, lifting Bo as he brings another title home.

When was the last time you saw that?

Reactions: diggerpup
I wonder if Varner recovered from the celebratory chest punch Cael gave him?

One day Columbia will contend for the team title and I'll be able to shoot the finals matside alongside Tony Rotundo. Okay, maybe not. Tony always does great work and I'm jealous.

I'll add my few shots of this sequence here since they're from a different vantage point (near the tunnels).

I was able to find one I hadn't uploaded that includes Tom's deflation (along with Myles' deflation, though I take no enjoyment from Myles--he brought it and just made a huge mistake with his hips). To his credit, Tervel applauds.

your pics remind me that tO$U had many more and much better seats at the Q than they did at Rec Hall.......

Im happy to also be reminded that in both instances they saw us as the better team.

Reactions: tikk10
Thx Tikk. Anyone know who the lone PSU fan is at the top/back celebrating like he's not in hostile territory? Love it! :cool:
39098709780_1f8b56228d_b.jpg

Reactions: tikk10
The sequence shown in the Rotundo photos definitely answer one question that was in the back of my mind. I was wondering whether Bo had actually pinned himself but the ref missed it because he was watching the ongoing action. You can see clearly from the angle that those photos were shot that Bo was well aware of his mat position and kept his shoulders clear through the entire sequence.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I've searched for good pics of the tOSU corner during Bo's match without luck. I'm sure someone will eventually post some, but in the meantime, here are some poor quality screen grabs from the ESPN Off the Mat broadcast with a little PBP of my own.

wMpUAiu.jpg

5mRa7P1.jpg

13wNZya.jpg

QQswy0Q.jpg

Excellent observation on the judo comment. I eventually saw the still photos from the reverse side and realized the Bo did what you noted. Bo was never in trouble, he was using a judo technique I remember from many years ago. Actually pretty cool as he used the pressure against mymar and allowed him to throw himself. Weight distribution and using it against your opponent. Bo is so fast and smooth it defies the eye to see what he does in so many different moves but this was extra special as the buckeye fans began to stand cheer then sit and frown on seeing what we saw all season. The irony of their, buckeye, up and down emotions mirrored the action on the mat. I also enjoyed watching Coach Casey Cunningham explode from his seated position and then Cael joining him in elation on Bo's pin. Sheer joy.

To anyone who thought Bo was in trouble, and I was one seeing it during the match, get a different angle and watch the action again. A totally different experience and a new perspective on the penultimate moment in the whole weekend.

I really enjoyed the Rotundo sequence displaying the move and the joy in the Penn State corner. I'm not so much into celebrating the other side's disappointment.

Fair point, but “celebrating” is the wrong word. Those of us interested in the tOSU corner’s reaction are doing the same type of thing as Bo did when he gave his impassioned speech at the end of the match.

Reactions: bsnyds39
You’re different from my college bud. He extra-celebrates if the TV shows the other side’s crying cheerleaders during March Madness.
Don Imus always referred to that as "revelling in the agony of others". Just sort of rolls off the tongue.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The sequence shown in the Rotundo photos definitely answer one question that was in the back of my mind. I was wondering whether Bo had actually pinned himself but the ref missed it because he was watching the ongoing action. You can see clearly from the angle that those photos were shot that Bo was well aware of his mat position and kept his shoulders clear through the entire sequence.
Bo was pinned. I read it on HR so it must be true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT