Hazlett Three scenarios

m48tank

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2014
suburb of Donation
Either:
1. He really knows football and the staff is ignoring him

2. He doesn't know football and the staff is following his thoughts

3. He does know football - the staff is following his ideas but the skill/experience is not there YET

Either:

3. He does know football - the staff is following his ideas but the skill/experience is not there YET
th

Either:

(4) They signed him as a recruiting gimmick and he doesn't actually do anything.

Either:

Seriously. What does he do for PSU?

That's really why I asked the question - though it seems on its face to be ridiculous .
I hear you. It doesn't seem that the rules permit him to help in a meaningful way. Just curious about the specifics of his employment.

Wasn't Haslett a defensive coordinator? I think the defense has been pretty good.
It was pretty good last year too. Not that he couldn't provide insight. Just curious if any insiders, such as yourself, have info on his responsibilities to the program. Someone else said he wasn't being paid. In that case, ...

Last edited:
It was pretty good last year too. Not that he couldn't provide insight. Just curious is any insiders, such as yourself, have info on his responsibilities to the program. Someone else said he wasn't being paid. In that case, ...

I figured he was getting paid, but I have no idea. Like you, I also wonder about his role. For example, where is he on game day? On the sidelines? In the press box? In the stands? In his living room?

I figured he was getting paid, but I have no idea. Like you, I also wonder about his role. For example, where is he on game day? On the sidelines? In the press box? In the stands? In his living room?
I believe he said before the seasons that on most Saturday's he'll physically be in Indiana, PA watching his son, a senior QB at IUP, play. When IUP is on the road, he will be in State College. I believe there were pictures last week of him on the sidelines against SD State.

As for his pay, I don't think anyone knows with certainty. Franklin indicated before the season that it wasn't a king's ransom, but I don't think he's a volunteer, either.

I believe he said before the seasons that on most Saturday's he'll physically be in Indiana, PA watching his son, a senior QB at IUP, play. When IUP is on the road, he will be in State College. I believe there were pictures last week of him on the sidelines against SD State.

As for his pay, I don't think anyone knows with certainty. Franklin indicated before the season that it wasn't a king's ransom, but I don't think he's a volunteer, either.
Do you think he checks his iPhone for updates on the score of the PSU games when he's at IUP watching his son play?

ADVERTISEMENT