ADVERTISEMENT

Hayden Cunningham ranked #25 overall for 2023

Actually, Iowa does not have a tuition discount for employee’s families. That is why they will argue that it is an unfair advantage. Other than Maryland & Rutgers, it appears that Penn State has the most generous Dependent discount.

Comparison of Tuition Benefits at Peer Institutions of the Big Ten
COMMITTEE ON CAMPUS CLIMATE AND DIVERSITY
APRIL 2018

However, Alex Marinelli’s marriage to the Hawkeyes’ Director of Operations will make him eligible for the in state discount. And unlike Vodka, I am not insinuating anything nefarious with it.
Maybe Nelson's rich uncle (Tommy) is paying his college tution. Just a thought...lol

There would probably be 4 threads on HR about this already, and 15 calls from Vodka to NCAA compliance office, but they're busy basking in the glory of their favorite status.
Self proclaimed "favorite" status. There are some who seem to believe I fail to give Iowa wrestling the respect it demands. That is not true. Iowa Hawkeye wrestling has a tremendous and glory filled history and the Hawks are most certainly a very strong favorite to finish the 2020 NCAA wrestling championships in third place or 4th place.

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
Self proclaimed "favorite" status. There are some who seem to believe I fail to give Iowa wrestling the respect it demands. That is not true. Iowa Hawkeye wrestling has a tremendous and glory filled history and the Hawks are most certainly a very strong favorite to finish the 2020 NCAA wrestling championships in third place or 4th place.
I'd bet good money (but not the house), your prediction is wrong. Unless, of course, you forgot the appropriate emoji :);).

Reactions: slushhead
I'd bet good money (but not the house), your prediction is wrong. Unless, of course, you forgot the appropriate emoji :);).
I forget the wager, but I believe I already owe you a quarter. Double or nothing? You have a clearer view into what the PSU lineup will actually look like this year than most of us, but I am OK with my general view that similarly talented Penn State and Iowa teams will see PSU prevail more often than not. So what exactly is the wager?

Last edited:
I forget the wager, but I believe I already owe you a quarter. Double or nothing? You have a clearer view into what the PSU lineup will actually look like this year than most of us, but I am OK with my general view that similarly talented Penn State and Iowa teams will see PSU prevail more often than not. So what exactly is the wager?
Wife says I can't wager more than a nickel :), basically braggin' rights, though that's not really my thing either.

I'm excited for the start of 2019-20, but there are so many unknowns. Last year was a wire-to-wire win, and while the wrestlers couldn't relax in a year they were favored, it played out pretty much as planned from a team standpoint (I say it this way knowing not every wrestler reached their personal goal).

Each year is unique, and the early "feel" of 2019-20, which includes for me a spreadsheet with predictions, is simply put right now, a dogfight with Iowa. Way early, as I said. Who redshirts (Olympic or otherwise)? Who ups their game? How will injuries affect this coming year? What is the impact from incoming freshmen? Basically for me, all I see is FUN, FUN, and more FUN. The challenge should bring out the best in our guys, if history is any indication...so line-'em-up and may the best team win. I'm rooting for the good guys too.

Actually, Iowa does not have a tuition discount for employee’s families. That is why they will argue that it is an unfair advantage. Other than Maryland & Rutgers, it appears that Penn State has the most generous Dependent discount.

Comparison of Tuition Benefits at Peer Institutions of the Big Ten
COMMITTEE ON CAMPUS CLIMATE AND DIVERSITY
APRIL 2018

However, Alex Marinelli’s marriage to the Hawkeyes’ Director of Operations will make him eligible for the in state discount. And unlike Vodka, I am not insinuating anything nefarious with it.
Talk about being behind the market. Setting aside wrestling implications, my sense was virtually any credible institution has dependent discounts/free tuition.

Talk about being behind the market. Setting aside wrestling implications, my sense was virtually any credible institution has dependent discounts/free tuition.

There's a key adjective before institution that should clue you in. ;)

Reactions: Ski
Tara might be the only athlete in US history to train at the US Olympic Training Center in 3 different sports (soccer, gymnastics and weight lifting). Freaky athlete, the Cunningham kids got some awesome genes from mom and dad. Vodka probably already calling the NCAA.

One more thing to add, their kids will have two parents with outstanding work ethic too.
Can't speak to whether she trained at the OTC, but Sheila Taormina got an Olympic gold in swimming at the 1996 Olympics, took sixth in the triathlon at the 2000 Olympics, and took 19th in the pentathlon at the 2008 Olympics.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT