ADVERTISEMENT

Has there been any buzz about Brevard, Darkwa, Mulbah, and Van Den Berg?

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
I'm not sure if Vanover is a DE or DT. Great DTs are rare, so having two that are very good would be pretty awesome. As much as I'd love to have someone emerge as a great DT, I am hoping we can have a disruptive pair next year. Can't count on Mustipher coming back, although he would be most welcome. Can any of these guys push Izzard, Beamon, and Ellies? Who among the subject guys has the highest ceiling, in your opinion?

There has been little to no buzz about any of those 4 players. What that tells me is they are not close to contributing in any meaningful way. This same type of little to no buzz surrounded Roberson and we saw how that played out this season.

I thought Van Den Berg had a half sack vs MD at the end of the game and the announcers said Franklin wanted to get him more reps and it look like Mulbah got some reps yesterday as well.

Reactions: rtrexler
Mulbah did not play yesterday, if the #55 you're referring to was an offensive guard.

Mulbah is strong as an elephant. Van Den Berg may be a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: rtrexler
There has been little to no buzz about any of those 4 players. What that tells me is they are not close to contributing in any meaningful way. This same type of little to no buzz surrounded Roberson and we saw how that played out this season.
John Scott has spoken pretty positively when asked about Brevard in recent weeks and Van Den Berg has played in the last 3 games

Reactions: McCloudersportLion
Has anyone heard anything about Golden Achumba? A couple of years ago, #1 recruit Bryan Bresee said that Achumba was one of the best offensive linemen he faced.

Mulbah did not play yesterday, if the #55 you're referring to was an offensive guard.

You sure about that. I swear I saw a 55 on defense.

I'm not sure if Vanover is a DE or DT. Great DTs are rare, so having two that are very good would be pretty awesome. As much as I'd love to have someone emerge as a great DT, I am hoping we can have a disruptive pair next year. Can't count on Mustipher coming back, although he would be most welcome. Can any of these guys push Izzard, Beamon, and Ellies? Who among the subject guys has the highest ceiling, in your opinion?
There were some earlier comments - about 1 month ago - from Coach Scott (DL) regarding Mulbahs impressive strength. Coach Scott likes his potential but indicated Mulbah needed technique work and specifically mentioned Mulbah had to become consistent in staying low at the LOS.

Reactions: McCloudersportLion
I’d heard zero buzz about Christian Veilleux either and he played great.

Buzz is next to meaningless. Coaches are put in front of the media more than they’d like and are basically forced to provide fodder for sports journalists.

Those players you mentioned are all young and mostly very raw. Ellies and especially Izzard have played very well this year, especially as the season progressed. The DT depth will improve and contribute next season.

Beamon and Ellies play great for as young as they are. We need some depth behind them but recruiting at DT has been good the past 2-3 years. I worry more about DE. We have had to convert 3 LB to DE due to the lack of success at that position. Not sure if our 5* DE will be able to contribute a whole lot next year. We really need 2 DE in our depth chart to really step up next year.

I emphasized DT because genuinely disruptive DTs kill offenses. I agree that DE has less depth than normal, but we always seem to have someone emerge there.

Beamon and Ellies play great for as young as they are. We need some depth behind them but recruiting at DT has been good the past 2-3 years. I worry more about DE. We have had to convert 3 LB to DE due to the lack of success at that position. Not sure if our 5* DE will be able to contribute a whole lot next year. We really need 2 DE in our depth chart to really step up next year.
Beamon hasn't played this year.

Mulbah did play yesterday. I just saw a game photo with him and Devon Ellies making a play. The confusion keeps entering in because both Whigan (OL) and Mulbah (DT) both wear #55 and both played yesterday.

I fully look for DDS to contribute in 2022. He has all the tools to play as a true freshman, and there will be plenty of openings for playing time next season, with Luketa and Ebektie likely both gone. Hopefully Tarturton returns, but we will need lots of help with the pass rush from the DE's.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOSCO2
Mulbah did play yesterday. I just saw a game photo with him and Devon Ellies making a play. The confusion keeps entering in because both Whigan (OL) and Mulbah (DT) both wear #55 and both played yesterday.
Yep, I believe I heard one of the announcers say that Mulbah was in on the Oline..... And obviously he was not.

I’d heard zero buzz about Christian Veilleux either and he played great.

Buzz is next to meaningless. Coaches are put in front of the media more than they’d like and are basically forced to provide fodder for sports journalists.

Those players you mentioned are all young and mostly very raw. Ellies and especially Izzard have played very well this year, especially as the season progressed. The DT depth will improve and contribute next season.
It was Rutgers.

Let us not forget Isaac should also be back at DE. And of course we already know the 5-star DE is better than everyone on our roster.

Reactions: jerrycalpal
It was Rutgers.
True, but playing well against Rutgers as a true freshman beats playing crappy against Rutgers/Temple/Pitt which we’ve seen before
Let us not forget Isaac should also be back at DE. And of course we already know the 5-star DE is better than everyone on our roster.
Isaac will help fill AK17 starting role, but then it’s Tarburton and a lot of freshmen/RS freshmen with no experience. DT we’re in good shape, DE needs some help

Reactions: bison13

Isaac will not be 100% next year. Plus it remains to be seen if he is ever going to be back to the level ok of play prior to his injury.

Isaac will not be 100% next year. Plus it remains to be seen if he is ever going to be back to the level ok of play prior to his injury.
Do we even know what his injury is? If you know, please tell us. I suspect a torn Achilles tendon.

I fully look for DDS to contribute in 2022. He has all the tools to play as a true freshman, and there will be plenty of openings for playing time next season, with Luketa and Ebektie likely both gone. Hopefully Tarturton returns, but we will need lots of help with the pass rush from the DE's.
And Issac?

...and van der Berg could play DT or strong side DE. DE is where wew saw his film this year.

Reactions: 19333lion
ADVERTISEMENT