ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone seen "of Miracles and Men"?

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
About the 80 Olympics and Soviet hockey from the Soviet point of view? Halfway through and it's fantastic.

Yep, the father-daughter aspect was pretty cool. And I had no clue about Fetisovs struggle to finally make it to the NHL. Great story.

The 30 on 30 stuff is fantastic and that one is my favorite. I also thought the "Boz" was very good, but that was the first full length book i ever read dealing with a learning dissorder. (8th grade).

Outstanding documentary...great perspective from the Soviet Union team. I thought "Red Army" was MUCH better though. If you like "Of Miracles and Men", be sure to watch "Red Army"

I think I posted something about it a few months ago . . . amazing to me is the Soviet perspective that the 1980 loss to the US was just a momentary embarrassment in the midst of a decade of complete domination. They really had a rather dismissive attitude towards the game.

Reactions: step.eng69
I think I posted something about it a few months ago . . . amazing to me is the Soviet perspective that the 1980 loss to the US was just a momentary embarrassment in the midst of a decade of complete domination. They really had a rather dismissive attitude towards the game.
I think they were deflecting - you can see how much it hurt Fetisov. I forgot about the converted prison being the Athletes village. I like how a Russian points out the birch trees near Lake Placid. I lived in Poland when very young and remember all the birch trees in Eastern Europe.

Reactions: simons96
I think they were deflecting - you can see how much it hurt Fetisov. I forgot about the converted prison being the Athletes village. I like how a Russian points out the birch trees near Lake Placid. I lived in Poland when very young and remember all the birch trees in Eastern Europe.

they were clearly disappointed, but they won the gold in 1956, 1964, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1984, and 1988 as well as most of the major international competitions. probably the most dominant hockey team in history.

I think they were downplaying the sense of the Americans making this monumental achievement when, in the history of the game, the Russian team just owned everyone

ADVERTISEMENT