ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone confirmed the rumor that JT Barrett was driving a dealer

It's best to get the story right and accurate as possible, unlike most of the media these days. Otherwise you come off like looking like a kook. Most of us don't care for OSU, but there is no point on embellishing the story.

If I were the coach, my punishment would be a little stiffer and would sit him for 2 games. Also, he would not start another game this season. I would have another QB run the first offensive play and then insert him into the game - more symbolic, but would send a message. You screw up, you don't get the starting position stats. But I am not UM. Taking away any academic benefits, however, is just plain stupid, if true. I would want my players to get the most education possible, not the least and hopefully that would translate on the field. But that is UM's MO. Football first, academics last.

Players with dealership offered cars happens. I worked with a guy who's future son-in-law played at the University of Miami in the 90's. He showed me a picture of the kid
with a cream-colored Cadillac Escalade. He said that was his to use while he was on campus. He had a "job" at the dealership and the loaner car was a perk.

Players with dealership offered cars happens. I worked with a guy who's future son-in-law played at the University of Miami in the 90's. He showed me a picture of the kid
with a cream-colored Cadillac Escalade. He said that was his to use while he was on campus. He had a "job" at the dealership and the loaner car was a perk.

That in itself is an NCAA violation. Whether it extends into the realm of LOIC or beyond would depend on other factors.

car when he got popped for OVI? Or was that just BS?

I've been able to confirm this. I didn't interview any of the key subjects, but using the information available, one can reasonably conclude that it was a dealer car, and the top officials at OSU repeatedly concealed this information.

Now do I get $8M dollars?

Last edited:
I've been able to

I've been able to confirm this. I didn't interview any of the key subjects, but using the information available, one can reasonably conclude that it was a dealer car, and the top officials at OSU repeatedly concealed this information.

Now do I get $8M dollars?
Ha! Thanks Louie!!

car when he got popped for OVI? Or was that just BS?

Your title in itself implies it is more likely to be true than not.

And that's what shows up on the homepage.

Has anyone debunked the rumor would imply you thought it was not true vs. true.

Your title in itself implies it is more likely to be true than not.

And that's what shows up on the homepage.

Has anyone debunked the rumor would imply you thought it was not true vs. true.
I see your point but if nobody has confirmed it by now that means to me that it is BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT