ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh

It's actually a very good decision by Harbaugh. He finally had a good year at Michigan and he's better suited for the NFL. He can work with a GM he has a pre-existing relationship with. The QB situation isn't great but Thielen, Jefferson and Cook is a nice core.

Curious to see what Michigan does if he bolts. They should give Matt Rhule whatever he wants.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Whomever in the NFL hires this dope ... the consumate beneficiary of a fluke season will be very, very sorry real soon.

Reactions: wolve1972
Whomever in the NFL hires this dope ... the consumate beneficiary of a fluke season will be very, very sorry real soon.
Whether you like or hate him it's impossible to argue with his success in the NFL. He went to 2 NFCCG and 1 SB in 4 years without much at QB. It would be dumb not to give him another chance in the NFL. His ego could end up being a problem but he absolutely is a good hire.

Whether you like or hate him it's impossible to argue with his success in the NFL. He went to 2 NFCCG and 1 SB in 4 years without much at QB. It would be dumb not to give him another chance in the NFL. His ego could end up being a problem but he absolutely is a good hire.
It is likely that his act will wear out after a few years, just like it did in SF, but I agree that it's a good hire.

Reactions: bison13
Im glad Minnesota is taking the plunge and not the Dolphins. I dont think its a good hire at all.

Does anyone outside of Michigan think Matt Rhule would leave Carolina?

Does anyone outside of Michigan think Matt Rhule would leave Carolina?
Yes, most everyone. He is a lame duck in Carolina with an owner that has been publicly critical of him. He has zero QB prospects for the franchise next year which basically dooms a team to failure in the NFL. Rhule would almost certainly jump at the chance to exit the panthers and find a cushy little landing spot that pays him about 6-7M a year, yes.

Will the recent allegations by Brian Flores of the NFL trickle down to the college level? Basically will a Josh Gattis get his chance over the likes of Matt Ruhle or Bill O'Brien?

I kind of compare him to Urban Meyer. They both seem to burn bridges - wherever they go - in 4 to 6 years. Both are 1st class jerks

Humbly, based on history, I'd submit that this is only a good hire if a team was close to SuperBowl caliber and a desperate owner wanted to take a short term gamble. Based on history, khaki pants had some success in short tenures, but then flamed out with his bosses and players being run out of town.
His performance in AA cannot be looked upon too favorably. He got a long leash as an alumni QB, but there were plenty of reports of the admin growing weary of him. In 7 seasons, it's easy to say that he significantly under-performed his salary and recruiting classes. Now, much like he did at Stanford, he appears to be riding one good season to find a new home where he can begin wearing out his welcome once again.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

What's also interesting is that at the time he left there was a lot of talk about how he lost the team and the owner. And how there was a lot of internal dissent on the team and from coaches.

In hindsight, his qb was Kaepernick... so much of it makes more sense today.

LdN

I kind of compare him to Urban Meyer. They both seem to burn bridges - wherever they go - in 4 to 6 years. Both are 1st class jerks
what bridge has Harbaugh burnt? I don't much care for the guy but what bridge has ne burnt?

what bridge has Harbaugh burnt? I don't much care for the guy but what bridge has ne burnt?
At SF - in the NFL - and many of Michigan's fans want him to move on because of opposing coaches openly using his desire of returning to the NFL when recruiting against Harbaugh / Michigan in the future if he does return for 2022.

Michigan was in on a number of recruits that were signing today and - at this this writing - none had signed while Harbaugh was interviewing in Minny on national signing day while other coaches were still trying to convince / talk kids into signing today. Just a selfish look and many Michigan backers are fed up and want him to move on.

At SF - in the NFL - and many of Michigan's fans want him to move on because of opposing coaches openly using his desire of returning to the NFL when recruiting against Harbaugh / Michigan in the future if he does return for 2022.

Michigan was in on a number of recruits that were signing today and - at this this writing - none had signed while Harbaugh was interviewing in Minny on national signing day while other coaches were still trying to convince / talk kids into signing today. Just a selfish look and many Michigan backers are fed up and want him to move on.
So with whom did these budding superstars sign? How many are unsigned as of yet?

Seems like Michigan is pretty pumped he is coming back. Don’t believe everything ESPN says, it rots ur brain.

I think celebrating the fact that he's returning is premature--he did win the Big Ten last year which is something we haven't done since 2016

Based on the timing of the Vikings announcement coming right after Jimma decided to stay, it appears that he didn't get the job. No way that he declined the vikings and then the vikes finalized things with their #2 choice that quick.

Based on the timing of the Vikings announcement coming right after Jimma decided to stay, it appears that he didn't get the job. No way that he declined the vikings and then the vikes finalized things with their #2 choice that quick.
That's what I've been reading, the Vikings didn't offer him the job.

ADVERTISEMENT