ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh

MontereyLion

May 29, 2001
So I watched Harbaugh's BTN Media Days interview. Did anyone else notice how when he's asked
a question, he doesn't answer that exact question but instead answers a different question then asked?
I find that strange. Politicians do that but for obviously different reasons. This and the fiasco that was the Cowherd interview, have me wondering about Harbaugh.

Harbaugh comes across as a jerk. I don't know but I think I'd rather spend my four years in college with a guy like Franklin rather than Harbaugh.

Reactions: royboy
I think he is very very intelligent to a fault. He is awkward in interviews because it seems like his social skills suck and his mind is somewhere way else. Doesn't even seem all that intentional, he is just quirky and yeah I think a jerk also. He obviously thinks he is better than everyone else. Gold toilet @ Stanford sticks out lol

Here are a few names that come to mind when speaking about Harbaugh:

Snow Ball
Small Ball
Slow Ball
Eight Ball

and my favourite,

Pocket Ball

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

So I watched Harbaugh's BTN Media Days interview. Did anyone else notice how when he's asked
a question, he doesn't answer that exact question but instead answers a different question then asked?
I find that strange. Politicians do that but for obviously different reasons. This and the fiasco that was the Cowherd interview, have me wondering about Harbaugh.

He's an incredibly strange dude.

Being in the mental health field, I have consistently told colleagues that he has some mental illness. Not kidding, he really does.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
I agree that he is a strange bird but so was Bill Gates.. Harbaugh's record is pretty damn impressive. So my take is prepare for a battle every time we play him because that what we are in for when we play scUM for now on.

Being in the mental health field, I have consistently told colleagues that he has some mental illness. Not kidding, he really does.
Interesting that you mention that NJ.....I made a similar observation in a thread earlier today.

Then, I just saw him again as a part of some "coaches roundtable" type thing on B1G Network......

If I had to wager the mortgage money, I would put the cash on the side that he does have some type of disorder, and may very well be medicated. He is that "different".

Well, David Jones "thinks" (is Jones capable of thinking?) Harbaugh is terrific. He listed him as number 2 in "handling" reporters. Now if Jones could just find a reporter to confirm this :)

Well, David Jones "thinks" (is Jones capable of thinking?) Harbaugh is terrific. He listed him as number 2 in "handling" reporters. Now if Jones could just find a reporter to confirm this :)
OMG That is just hilarious. I can't think - off the top of my head - of any major college HFC who ever looked so completely FUBAR in front of the media as Harbaugh does.

Unless "handling" the media means convincing the media that you are completely loopy.

Shudder to venture here, but.....who's best in Doofus Goofus Jones' pea brain, Urbie?

Was surfing, and ran across another Harbaugh interview from media days (it's like watching a train wreck.....sorry).

I think we now know why the folks in San Francisco were so eager to get rid of a coach who won 2/3 of his games.

He's nuttier than squirrel shit.

Was surfing, and ran across another Harbaugh interview from media days (it's like watching a train wreck.....sorry).

I think we now know why the folks in San Francisco were so eager to get rid of a coach who won 2/3 of his games.

He's nuttier than squirrel shit.
I told my wife about my observations of Harbaugh. She likens him to a dog that walks beside you, sees a squirrel, and takes off chasing it....until it hits the end of the lease. He is distracted easily. Doesn't seem to understand the question asked and goes off on tangents.

Last edited:
What happened with him on Cowherd?

I think he is just a football junky who is annoyed by anything other than coaching. He has to have a good recruiting staff to be successful. I don't think he wins on personality.

I'm listening to the podcast now, he's nuts. Cowherd is telling him he's give him slow answers, not a lot to work with, due to the fact Harbaugh's answers are insane. "I'm asking open-ended questions and you got nothing to say." Hung up on him...wow!!!

Reactions: Nittany Security
ADVERTISEMENT