ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Veterans' Day!

Thanks to all for your service to our country. We are free because of you and your predecessors.

Also:

Was really choked up yesterday with the father-son duo being recognized. D-day paratroopers are swiftly becoming only history, so it’s incredible to see one in the flesh (not to mention hall of fame Rangers). Thanks to all who’ve served.

Was really choked up yesterday with the father-son duo being recognized. D-day paratroopers are swiftly becoming only history, so it’s incredible to see one in the flesh (not to mention hall of fame Rangers). Thanks to all who’ve served.
96 years old!! Choked up as well. Had the good fortune of recognizing a few veterans earlier in the day, felt completely humbled. Perspective.

75464409_2544979655737508_884672600511348736_o.jpg

Last edited:
I was at a West Chester U. Jazz concert last Friday, the conductor asked all the vets to stand up as the orchestra played their service song.
Crowd of maybe 300-400, and maybe 10 stood up.
That reinforced for me, the view that all of us should perform some kind of national service.

Thanks to all for your service to our country. We are free because of you and your predecessors.

Also:

Amen!!

Did some work on my ranch today and afterwards, took my truck in to get the oil changed. Little place but I’ve never had time to hang out prior. Owner asked if I was having a good Veterans Day, and I said the wife and I are taking a close friend out tonight for a steak dinner in Austin. He was a door gunner in Vietnam and a great guy. He said he was a captain of a C130 in Vietnam. Graduated from Southern Illinois University and was was ROTC. They shipped him to Laredo TX to learn how to fly. I spent 30 minutes just hanging there and talking. How he had to take off from a runway during the Tet Offensive with only 3 motors running to get away from the mortars. He said it was the best time of his life. God bless him and all others that served, so that we can be free

Last edited:
We can't thank our servicemen enough! Was never in the military myself, but I remember how shamefully the US treated servicemen returning from the Viet Nam War. They were openly booed many times. Terrible! I get an emotional reaction to this day thinking of it. It's why I love to hear people clap for servicemen at the airports these days. Many pay a price long after their discharge from the service.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT