ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Thanksgiving to the Wrestling Board!

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
So many things to be thankful for in life this year. For a God, Who's compassion and mercy placed us in the greatest country in the world. For family, friends, and food on the table. Finally, for live wrestling with fans in the stands. I know there are many more important things to add to this list over wrestling, but I'm grateful it's back to semi-normal. Have a blessed day board!

I think that pic just shows there is no god!!sorry folks
Your journey is not complete.

Feast vs famine
Miracles vs tragedy
Creation vs an accident
Good vs evil...

The world we live in is broken, without question, but you can choose which to bet your soul; the light or the darkness.

'Blind' faith has little value to God, but a faith that is tested, that conquers doubt despite the evil & ugliness that surrounds us in the world is more valuable than gold.

There is no evil in heaven, but this world is not there.

God gave us free will and a choice.

I am comfortable with mine.

Actually, I think that pic, your answer, and me when I look in a mirror, show the real issue. It's called sin. I hope that someday you will be able to see past the symptoms to the base problem...and understand and accept the answer that was so graciously provided for all.

In the meantime, I agree with Creamery Freak, very thankful to have been born in this country and for all that we (I) have.

Oh great. Thanks for dragging religion into this thread.

And thanks for the picture of unfortunate people from a different continent, as if it were polite to say, “let’s be thankful we’re not these poor specific wretches with actual faces.” Why not just show gunshot victims and opioid babies, too?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is that Africa or Stillwater?
giphy.gif

In addition to showing starving kids and pointing to an entire continent, maybe we could just show a screen grab or quote from HR and feel great that we are not HR! :)

Last edited:

Tullfan et al

Upon further reflection your reply moved me, that picture conveys volumes, more than a thousand times a thousand words. We should all take pause from our busy lives and posting to reflect on the story it tells.

Regardless of one's source of faith or lack thereof, this example presents an opportunity for each of us. We absolutely live in the greatest nation on earth at a time like no other.

We sit here addicted to our devices and opinions, with an endless bounty at our neighborhood stores, always fresh food in our refrigerators, in homes with central air and heat, transportation, medicine, technology, and conveniences that our great grandparents couldn't have imagined.

We middle class citizens live better than every King that ever lived, from 100 years ago though out all of human history. There is no question this Thanksgiving season we all have so much to be thankful.

But... that picture depicts real suffering happening today on the other side of this amazingly advanced world that we live. We all poses the power to make a difference even if for only one child suffering.

So I say ye of great or little or no faith, offer up the equivalent of a Big10+ or Rokfin subscription or a weekly Starbucks and make a difference to one of those precious, unlucky, children. You will be a better man for it, by any measure.

There are many choices, here is but one:

ADVERTISEMENT