Happy New Year...I'm alive!

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I was given to understand that I was banned. It turns out...not so. Just a time-out of sorts apparently

In the future, I will make sure not to make the mistake of posting a political thread on the sports board.

Meanwhile, hope all you guys have been doing well.

Is Senile Joe still the President?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I was given to understand that I was banned. It turns out...not so. Just a time-out of sorts apparently

In the future, I will make sure not to make the mistake of posting a political thread on the sports board.

Welcome back.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Yep, I've got bad news and bad news for you. Biden is still president and.........

2022%20flatten.png

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

This will make @LafayetteBear happy. Believe it or not, he was one of the bigger advocates of "Free Jerry".

Someone else posted "Free Jerry Part 2" or something to that effect.

There was a whole movement for you Jerry!!! lol....

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl

Is water wet?

Jerry

May 29, 2001
This will make @LafayetteBear happy. Believe it or not, he was one of the bigger advocates of "Free Jerry".

Someone else posted "Free Jerry Part 2" or something to that effect.

There was a whole movement for you Jerry!!! lol....

Wow. It would appear the ban was rescinded not long after it was imposed, but I only found out last night after checking back here for New Year's grins and giggles. Needed some distraction after that Outback Bowl fiasco yesterday.

So my guess is that one of the mods got a little over-zealous. No hard feelings though. Mistakes happen. I made one myself in putting a blatantly political post on the wrong board. I mean, they changed the name of the freakin' Central Scranton Expressway to the President Biden Expressway. I damn near drove off the road when I saw the shiny new signs.

Hours later, in our hotel room, the shock and horror of this travesty caused me to lose my bearings while composing the post in question. OK, a couple drinks didn't help either.

Don't know anything about this Free Jerry campaign but humble thanks to all -- except the ones who were delighted by my short-lived cancellation. As for @LafayetteBear, we've taken some shots at one another over the last couple years but also had good discussions on occasion. He's in a small group of libs here who has shown evidence of both a brain and a heart. Thanks, Laf, for stepping across party lines in this case.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Wow. It would appear the ban was rescinded not long after it was imposed, but I only found out last night after checking back here for New Year's grins and giggles. Needed some distraction after that Outback Bowl fiasco yesterday.

So my guess is that one of the mods got a little over-zealous. No hard feelings though. Mistakes happen. I made one myself in putting a blatantly political post on the wrong board. I mean, they changed the name of the freakin' Central Scranton Expressway to the President Biden Expressway. I damn near drove off the road when I saw the shiny new signs.

Hours later, in our hotel room, the shock and horror of this travesty caused me to lose my bearings while composing the post in question. OK, a couple drinks didn't help either.

Don't know anything about this Free Jerry campaign but humble thanks to all -- except the ones who were delighted by my short-lived cancellation. As for @LafayetteBear, we've taken some shots at one another over the last couple years but also had good discussions on occasion. He's in a small group of libs here who has shown evidence of both a brain and a heart. Thanks, Laf, for stepping across party lines in this case.
Even better, he allows me to insult him again.

I appreciate it and will start when I have worthy material!

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003

Props to LBear for getting the troops involved. Welcome back Jerry. Looking forward to Bear's first post calling you a stupid old racist.

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021

You're a good dude Jerry. I respect your views and passion. I may noy agree with every opinion you have but I respect core Christian values and the fight to keep those values relevant in America.

Reactions: Jerry

Jerry

May 29, 2001
You're a good dude Jerry. I respect your views and passion. I may noy agree with every opinion you have but I respect core Christian values and the fight to keep those values relevant in America.

Thanks, Gork.

It's probably a lost cause now, but to quote the fictional Senator Jefferson Smith in the long-ago classic, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, about a nation and way of life long since disappeared: Sometimes the hopeless causes are the ones you fight hardest for...yes, even die for.

A romantic and sentimental thought perhaps...but it somehow rings true.

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
Thanks, Gork.

It's probably a lost cause now, but to quote the fictional Senator Jefferson Smith in the long-ago classic, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, about a nation and way of life long since disappeared: Sometimes the hopeless causes are the ones you fight hardest for...yes, even die for.

A romantic and sentimental thought perhaps...but it somehow rings true.
I don't think the fight is a lost cause. I think liberals hurt themselves going way to far left and more and more people see how ridiculous they are, they are slowly losing ground.

It's ironic, when Trump was prez the wacko libs were more empowered and had more of a following, using Trump's America as their racist rally cry. Because so many people didn't like Trump they all united. Now that Biden is prez they don't have a leading figurehead to use for their American race accusing agenda.

Latest posts