ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Father's Day!

caliPSUfan

Aug 18, 2015
Happy Father's Day!!!

I wanted to post a pic of the canvas painting my 5 yr old made for me, but the best I could do was load it as my new avatar.

My wife is making me breakfast right now while I'm rewatching the NCAAs from my DVR. Good start to my day - hope other dads are enjoying their day as well!

Happy Father's Day!!!

I wanted to post a pic of the canvas painting my 5 yr old made for me, but the best I could do was load it as my new avatar.

My wife is making me breakfast right now while I'm rewatching the NCAAs from my DVR. Good start to my day - hope other dads are enjoying their day as well!
Nice work! Happy Father's Day to all as well.

Trick to dropping images into posts is to upload it somewhere, then grab that URL [e.g., http : // urlurlurlurl-etc . JPG]. Rivals doesn't allow you to upload your own to its site. Best/easiest tool for this is imgur.com, which pretty much exists for this purpose. You upload there and it immediately gives you a direct URL to use wherever, like here.

Trick to dropping images into posts is to upload it somewhere, then grab that URL [e.g., http : // urlurlurlurl-etc . JPG]. Rivals doesn't allow you to upload your own to its site. Best/easiest tool for this is imgur.com, which pretty much exists for this purpose. You upload there and it immediately gives you a direct URL to use wherever, like here.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

The other trick I've used is to upload it to my Facebook acct, marking the pic as private so nobody else can view it.

And to trot out the famous Ralph Kiner quote: On this Father's Day, we'd like to wish all of you a happy birthday!

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Fathers Day to all of the fathers out there, including mine, of course. :D

Thanks Tikk just got imagur to test it out
z0deBE6.jpg

That picture of Zain and the brutality of the matches between Zain and Frank make you wonder if there was something personal going on.

That picture of Zain and the brutality of the matches between Zain and Frank make you wonder if there was something personal going on.

nah, neither back down from a fight. Was it 3 or 4 years ago zain got assaulted on the mat by a russian? Yet he hung in there and won the match. Frank used his over aggression during his rio run to get his opponents flustered and then took advantage. its part of his game.

I would think they "hugged it out" after the match and in the years to come will laugh about this days combat.

nah, neither back down from a fight. Was it 3 or 4 years ago zain got assaulted on the mat by a russian? Yet he hung in there and won the match. Frank used his over aggression during his rio run to get his opponents flustered and then took advantage. its part of his game.

I would think they "hugged it out" after the match and in the years to come will laugh about this days combat.
Know exactly what you're intending, dunk...just changing the context a little. Zain will never, ever, back down from a battle on the mat. He said it best earlier this year, at a Coaches Show, when he stated he gets mad, but channels it in the best way possible...scoring points on his opponent. He will walk away from a fight however, and has shown, to me anyway, a wisdom beyond his years, and truth be known, a behavior I doubt many adults could emulate. Zain was assaulted in a hall way after a match, in a foreign country, when attacked from behind. He gathered himself and simply walked away. Maybe some remember this?

Reactions: hlstone
Know exactly what you're intending, dunk...just changing the context a little. Zain will never, ever, back down from a battle on the mat. He said it best earlier this year, at a Coaches Show, when he stated he gets mad, but channels it in the best way possible...scoring points on his opponent. He will walk away from a fight however, and has shown, to me anyway, a wisdom beyond his years, and truth be known, a behavior I doubt many adults could emulate. Zain was assaulted in a hall way after a match, in a foreign country, when attacked from behind. He gathered himself and simply walked away. Maybe some remember this?
I had heard a slightly different version of this story: behind the bleachers, shortly after a match, by the wrestler Zain had just beaten, and Zain stood there and laughed at him.

Bigger point is still correct: Zain doesn't back away from a challenge that matters, and is extraordinarily composed and focused to channel his energy toward what matters and away from the nonsense.

My kid just played with Zain's sister at a field hockey camp and said. "She is as tough as Zain". I wanted to bring a watermelon to the next session and my kid said no.

My kid just played with Zain's sister at a field hockey camp

sorry to hijack a bit ... is she doing FH camps during the week and LAX tourneys on weekends, or some combo thereof, or strictly FH? Just curious.

sorry to hijack a bit ... is she doing FH camps during the week and LAX tourneys on weekends, or some combo thereof, or strictly FH? Just curious.

FH is year round now. She plays for at least 3 teams. We are having a lot of fun playing all over the East coast this spring with it.

She loves LAX, but it isn't very good in our area. I tried to get a travel group together and failed. I am the worst coach ever and coached her team to 2 undefeated seasons. That is how bad LAX is in NEPA. All the girls want is FH, softball, soccer.

To further answer the question, She only plays LAX 3 months. I wish i could have her play all the time, but time and money are a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT