ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday Ringo Starr 80 today

I always considered Ringo to be the answer to "Who's the luckiest person in the world?"

The Beatles dumped Pete Best because he wasn't a good drummer. Ringo was with Rory Storm and the Hurricanes and he was a convenient replacement. The rest is history, many millions of dollars later.

Doc Severinsen is 93 today
Doc story. Years ago we saw him play with the Minneapolis Orchestra in a cabaret setting. Late Sunday afternoon concert. We were right up front. The couple we went with arrived late as they were driving from their cabin in northern Minnesota. When they got there, Doc looked at them and said “hello.” Our friend Patty apologized to Doc for being late telling him that they were driving from the lake. Doc didn’t miss a beat and replied, “the bottom of the lake?” I’ll always love him for that line.

I always considered Ringo to be the answer to "Who's the luckiest person in the world?"

The Beatles dumped Pete Best because he wasn't a good drummer. Ringo was with Rory Storm and the Hurricanes and he was a convenient replacement. The rest is history, many millions of dollars later.
Then he marries a Bond girl to boot

Reactions: kevin310 and Bob78

Right place right time good for him

Reactions: BrucePa
I haven't had a haircut since March 2nd. It's finally starting to look cool; I look like Ringo circa 1964 now. I want to get to 1969 George Harrison levels.

worked out for all since ringo is a fine drummer

Reactions: Bob78
image.jpg
Joe Walsh is Rngo’s brother-in-law.

I think the proper next stage for the luckiest guy in the world is this. Ten years pass. Paul dies and Ringo is the only remaining living Beatle. He's 90. They invent a drug that potentially reverses aging and the first person they test it out on is Ringo. And it works.

Reactions: LionJim and BrucePa
ADVERTISEMENT