ADVERTISEMENT

HAPPY AMERICAN THANKSGIVING (from a Humanist)..........................

Mack_Daddy

Oct 7, 2001
Around 1 in 6 kids in "GOD BLESS AMERICA" live in FOOD-INSECURE HOMES.

Over 20 million kids in GOD BLESS AMERICA receive low-cost or free lunch each year.

Black households in GOD BLESS AMERICA are more than twice as likely to experience "FOOD INSECURITY" as white households.

GOD BLESS AMERICA has one of the HIGHEST child poverty rates in the developed world.

Over 20 million kids in GOD BLESS AMERICA receive low-cost or free lunch each year.

Black households in GOD BLESS AMERICA are more than twice as likely to experience "FOOD INSECURITY" as white households.

GOD BLESS AMERICA has one of the HIGHEST child poverty rates in the developed world.

You need to travel more... maybe on a dingy out into the Atlantic.

LdN

Reactions: Sharkies and psu00

How about provide these same statistics for all world powers and then do a little on 3rd world countries. Tell us at the end which world you want to live in.

How about provide these same statistics for all world powers and then do a little on 3rd world countries. Tell us at the end which world you want to live in.
Fayette, you're probably correct with the possible exception of Scandinavian countries. I honestly don't know, though. That said, the OP's point is well taken. Sometimes in this country we get carried away with patting ourselves on the back for how wonderful we are.

Fayette, you're probably correct with the possible exception of Scandinavian countries. I honestly don't know, though. That said, the OP's point is well taken. Sometimes in this country we get carried away with patting ourselves on the back for how wonderful we are.
There are problems to be solved everywhere, but this country is probably the best in the world to live in and raise a family. Not sure anywhere in South America is better. A few countries in Europe may be close and maybe even Japan. Africa .................well you know the story. I'm sure thankful that I live in the good 'ol USA.

Ok. But, here's what I want from YOU....

Show the emigration to the US from other nations. Which people are dying to come to GOD BLESS AMERICA? If AMERICA is as great as you say, then every race should be begging to come here.

Give me the TOP 10.

There are problems to be solved everywhere, but this country is probably the best in the world to live in and raise a family. Not sure anywhere in South America is better. A few countries in Europe may be close and maybe even Japan. Africa .................well you know the story. I'm sure thankful that I live in the good 'ol USA.

Here...America is the LAND OF OPPORTUNITY for these TOP 10. That's about ALL you can hang your hat on: AMERICA has MORE to offer than these 10 Countries. BIG WHOOP!!!!

1. Mexico 134,052 158,619
2. China 76,089 74,558
3. India 77,908 64,116
4. Philippines 49,996 56,478
5. Cuba 46,679 54,396
6. Dominican Rep. 44,577 50,610
7. Vietnam 30,283 30,832
8. Iraq 19,153 21,107
9. El Salvador 19,273 19,487
10. Pakistan 18,612 18,057

And, which Countries do GOD BLESS AMERICANS move to:

23px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
European Union – 800,000 (2013; all EU countries combined)

1. 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
    Canada – 738,203 (2011)[11]
  2. 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg.png
    Philippines – 600,000 (2015)[12]
  3. 23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
    Mexico – 500,287(2010)[13]
  4. Israel – 185,000[citation needed]
  5. 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
    Italy (EU) – 170,000 to 200,000[citation needed]
  6. 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
    United Kingdom (EU) – 158,000 (2013)[14]
  7. 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
    South Korea – 140,222 (2016)[15][16]
  8. 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
    Germany (EU) – 107,755 (2013)[17]
  9. 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
    France (EU) – 100,619 (2008)[18]
  10. 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
    Brazil – 98,000 up to 350,000
I count FOUR European nations, Israel (Jews and Christians moving back to the (ahem) Holy land???) Canada (Health Insurance?)

South Korea? Maybe for the Lindy Hop!

If GOD BLESS AMERICA builds that wall, will AMERICANS still be able to move to Mexico?

Statistics are easily skewed.
Mackdaddy, grab yourself a turkey leg and a beer and enjoy one day of your life. Then, go to the grocery store and empty out your bank account and donate all that food to your local food bank. Then, thank God you have the means to be able to do that.

Are you asking for some of my leftovers?

There are plenty of planes sitting at the airport waiting for you to go live and enjoy the spoils of all of the other counties and their opportunities. Knock yourself dude......while your at it, convert your forum membership to Manchester United or something.

Here...America is the LAND OF OPPORTUNITY for these TOP 10. That's about ALL you can hang your hat on: AMERICA has MORE to offer than these 10 Countries. BIG WHOOP!!!!

1. Mexico 134,052 158,619
2. China 76,089 74,558
3. India 77,908 64,116
4. Philippines 49,996 56,478
5. Cuba 46,679 54,396
6. Dominican Rep. 44,577 50,610
7. Vietnam 30,283 30,832
8. Iraq 19,153 21,107
9. El Salvador 19,273 19,487
10. Pakistan 18,612 18,057
Well they don't have to come America they should go to an even better country!!

Ok. But, here's what I want from YOU....

Show the emigration to the US from other nations. Which people are dying to come to GOD BLESS AMERICA? If AMERICA is as great as you say, then every race should be begging to come here.

Give me the TOP 10.

I'm sorry you feel you have nothing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.

I hope one day things improve for you.

Ldn

Statistics are easily skewed.
Mackdaddy, grab yourself a turkey leg and a beer and enjoy one day of your life. Then, go to the grocery store and empty out your bank account and donate all that food to your local food bank. Then, thank God you have the means to be able to do that.

Statistics is rarely skewed. Data can be misinterpreted, yes. The wrong statistical tool can be used, yes, like any tool in a tool box.

I don't think you quite understand statistics, much less, how statistics can be misused.

There are plenty of planes sitting at the airport waiting for you to go live and enjoy the spoils of all of the other counties and their opportunities. Knock yourself dude......while your at it, convert your forum membership to Manchester United or something.

WHAT you said changes nothing about AMERICA - nothing. It's just a deflection.

Statistics is rarely skewed. Data can be misinterpreted, yes. The wrong statistical tool can be used, yes, like any tool in a tool box.

I don't think you quite understand statistics, much less, how statistics can be misused.

I do understand proper English, though. And, "Statistics is rarely skewed" does not cut it.
What is the point of your initial post? Honestly, I'm just wondering why you choose to throw that on here today? And what specifically are you personally doing to combat hunger in America?

Not to worry we have eliminated child health care cut food stamps reducing support to education etc all of which will improve America in the long run.
We will have a less educated, less healthy and undernourished population unable to compete in a more complex world.
But we will have tax reform to benefit that part of the population which needs less help.

I do understand proper English, though. And, "Statistics is rarely skewed" does not cut it.
What is the point of your initial post? Honestly, I'm just wondering why you choose to throw that on here today? And what specifically are you personally doing to combat hunger in America?

Proper English not withstanding, I'm working on organizing Humanists, atheists and those misguided (pvssy) Agnostics along with my (ahem) spiritual cousins, The Pantheists to form a 3rd political party called The Humanist Party to start. Then, once in office, we will make AMERICA the AMERICA Jefferson, Washington and Adams wanted:

Where ALL men are equal (that's gay men, black men and transgender men and ATHEIST men), btw;

Where ALL Americans have due process;

And, keeping religion OUT of politics.

If I were you, I'd pray to your God that I fail. Because if I succeed, things are going to be a lot different - that is, for the better, though.

Your path isn't leading us anywhere but 2nd class status.

Proper English not withstanding, I'm working on organizing Humanists, atheists and those misguided (pvssy) Agnostics along with my (ahem) spiritual cousins, The Pantheists to form a 3rd political party called The Humanist Party to start. Then, once in office, we will make AMERICA the AMERICA Jefferson, Washington and Adams wanted:

Where ALL men are equal (that's gay men, black men and transgender men and ATHEIST men), btw;

If I were you, I'd pray to your God that I fail. Because if I succeed, things are going to be a lot different - that is, for the better, though.

That’s a noble cause. I wish you success in your attempt.
If you read what I say in here and think I would disagree with your overall goal, then you are nothing more than a miserable moron. My advice for you is to work on your goal but be sure that the needs you are trying to address are real needs.
Happy Thanksgiving to you.

So are we to take it from this that humanists are not thankful?

You don't need to be religious or believe in God to be thankful. I'm thankful that those 20 million kids get some kind of lunch. It ain't much, I know.

I'm not exactly overrun by humanist kid-feeders in my community. So what "Feed the Children" programs are you volunteering with?

I now better understand the ad with people enjoying spilling coffee all over themselves, etc. Please tell us you have no plans on procreaing.

Nothing but puffery MD, you and your ilk will fail! And I thank God for that!

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson was the principal architect of a bill proposed to the Virginia, Assembly which stated:
"Whosoever shall be guilty of Rape, Polygamy, or Sodomy with man or woman shall be punished, if a man, by castration, if a woman, by cutting thro' the cartilage of her nose a hole of one half diameter at the least."

Last edited:
Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT