ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 9 year sanction anniversary

Rumor has it on the 10th anniversary our lost scholarships will be restored allowing the team to carry more than any other team for 4 years to make up for the wrongfully imposed sanctions. Reparations.

One can dream right?

• Haha
Reactions: bison13 and BBrown
With what has happened at OSU, Mich State and UM we should get our bowl money back with interest - that’s what pisses me off the most our own conference piled on and now that there have been way more egregious crimes by other schooling the Big10 - crickets.

If only we could somehow manipulate NIL on a University-wide basis to reclaim the stolen $60mm plus lost bowl revenues plus interest....
Another pipe dream.

All those involved from the OGBOT, the B1G, and the ncaa are still basturds to me to this day. We could and should still be reaping the benefits of JVP's true and unique legacy by actually being able to mention him prominently. While I am always very happy to see positive stories about players who played under him, and there are countless of those, Joe being intentionally omitted is as wrong as can be.

And this November, when the 10 year mark comes around on the breaking story, we will have it slammed in our faces once again, in some degree of detail. Even a brief mention here and there will be more than disgusting enough.

Let's see how the players fared:

Winners
Delaney--Retired happily, laughs to the bank everyday
Emmert--Still king douche
Peetz--faded away happily
Frazier--Still king Merck
Freeh--Made bank, moved on, hit tree
Rod--They named the Creamery after him
McQuery--Collected big $ from PSU, divorced

Losers
JoePa--passed away I'm sure with regret and pain
Surma--wrecked his company and faded away into obscurity
Spanier--Fired, about to go to jail
Curley & Schultz--Did time, retired
Sandusky--Will die in jail
Corbett--One termer, who knows or cares what he does now
Triponey--not sure what happened, but she's a loser

Reactions: bison13

Winners

Losers
The Louie Freeh synopsis is poetry

Reactions: bison13

Winners

Losers
Don't forget about all those "players" on the Second Mile side of the fence who pushed it over to the Penn State side of the fence. It never was a Penn State issue. I would add to your list of losers all of us loyal PSU alumni and the countless friends and fans who were and still are sickened by cowards the former "BOT" who refused to fight for our great university and legendary coach JoPa.

Last edited:

Winners

Losers
I think the labels are as incorrect as could be for a few, especially in the losers category. And if those in the winners category are considered to be winners, I'm joining the losers. Curley and Schultz are really good people, truly winners in my book.

And going by this distribution, Surma's a winner - he has his millions, and it looks like that is a big part of the applied definitions.

Spanier is already doing his time, btw. Because this whole thing has projected us into bizarro world and kept us there for a long time.

Reactions: marshall23
I think the labels are as incorrect as could be for a few, especially in the losers category. And if those in the winners category are considered to be winners, I'm joining the losers. Curley and Schultz are really good people, truly winners in my book.

And going by this distribution, Surma's a winner - he has his millions, and it looks like that is a big part of the applied definitions.

Spanier is already doing his time, btw. Because this whole thing has projected us into bizarro world and kept us there for a long time.
The labels are based on the perspective of the subject, and yes there are a few I’m not sure about (McQuery). I thought surma ran his company into the ground, but not 100% up to speed on that weasel.

The labels are based on the perspective of the subject, and yes there are a few I’m not sure about (McQuery). I thought surma ran his company into the ground, but not 100% up to speed on that weasel.
Yeah, Surma did, but he walked away with millions.
McQ is a loser to me, but I'm of the opinion he deserved the PSU payout b/c Joyner et. al. botched his termination so badly. Had he/they just followed the protocol instead of making it a testosterone contest, they would have been done with McQ with far less money paid out.

Reactions: Zenophile
Talking to a Noles fan yesterday. Went on and on about how great Bowden was. Told him I was a Penn state fan and his reply was, "I'm sorry". Was at work so had to keep my mouth closed.

Thanks BOT.

Talking to a Noles fan yesterday. Went on and on about how great Bowden was. Told him I was a Penn state fan and his reply was, "I'm sorry". Was at work so had to keep my mouth closed.

Thanks BOT.

🙄

The false narrative about Joe and PSU aside, fsu is of course the bastion of ethics and compliance. And norvell is killing it there too. Yeah, we suck.

(The emoji is definitely not directed to you.)

Reactions: bison13 and Fac

Winners

Losers
Ganim won as well, didn’t she? A Pulitzer Prize and a lifetime of covering every major snowstorm in the US.

Reactions: Bob78
She no longer works for CNN. Existing on fellowships.
Thanks for the info….
Did a little searching and found this …

Sara Ganim, former CNN correspondent and 2012 Pulitzer Prize winner, will help students develop investigative reporting projects.

A Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist will be joining the University of Florida Brechner Center for Freedom of Information.

Sara Ganim, former CNN correspondent and 2012 Pulitzer Prize winner, will join the Brechner Center as a Hearst Journalism Fellow, according to a University of Florida news release.

During her fellowship, Ganim will help UF College of Journalism and Communication students develop investigative reporting projects about lapses in government data gathering that deprive the public from information, the release said.

The fellowship is funded through Hearst Foundation for the Hearst Data Deserts Project. The project is intended to improve civic data by highlighting deficiencies in data gathering and by developing solutions through public policy. The grant includes funding for two visiting fellows for one-year engagements, according to the release.

At the Patriot-News in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Ganim was in the thick of local reporting on the Penn State and Jerry Sandusky scandal. Sandusky was a coach at the school and later convicted of rape and child sexual abuse.

Ganim’s reporting on the topic earned her a Pulitzer Prize in 2012. She won the award at 24, making her the third-youngest winner.

Ganim said in the release that it’s as “important as ever to teach future journalists the power and importance of essential journalism.”

this 2018 Bio piece on Sara is humorous …
The Piece did mention she collected 300 grand annually from CNN

Sara Ganim's Personal Life

Sara Ganim has not married yet. Not any rumors have been heard to date about her relationships, engagement or affair. She might be too busy with her work or she might not have wanted the general public to know about her personal life.

It would not be difficult to get a boyfriend or a husband for such a beautiful, talented, and reputed journalist.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Thanks for the info….

Sara Ganim, former CNN correspondent and 2012 Pulitzer Prize winner, will help students develop investigative reporting projects.

A Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist will be joining the University of Florida Brechner Center for Freedom of Information.

Sara Ganim, former CNN correspondent and 2012 Pulitzer Prize winner, will join the Brechner Center as a Hearst Journalism Fellow, according to a University of Florida news release.

During her fellowship, Ganim will help UF College of Journalism and Communication students develop investigative reporting projects about lapses in government data gathering that deprive the public from information, the release said.

The fellowship is funded through Hearst Foundation for the Hearst Data Deserts Project. The project is intended to improve civic data by highlighting deficiencies in data gathering and by developing solutions through public policy. The grant includes funding for two visiting fellows for one-year engagements, according to the release.

At the Patriot-News in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Ganim was in the thick of local reporting on the Penn State and Jerry Sandusky scandal. Sandusky was a coach at the school and later convicted of rape and child sexual abuse.

Ganim’s reporting on the topic earned her a Pulitzer Prize in 2012. She won the award at 24, making her the third-youngest winner.

Ganim said in the release that it’s as “important as ever to teach future journalists the power and importance of essential journalism.”

Sara Ganim has not married yet. Not any rumors have been heard to date about her relationships, engagement or affair. She might be too busy with her work or she might not have wanted the general public to know about her personal life.

It would not be difficult to get a boyfriend or a husband for such a beautiful, talented, and reputed journalist.

She's currently on a one year fellowship at Columbia's School of Journalism (the stipend for which won't cover rent in NYC). Believe that the UF fellowship that you referenced ran out.

9 years, wow. I'm still waiting for Tom's inside info about who will come out looking worse than we already know, and who will come out looking better. Any day now...

Can’t believe it’s been that long!
F U NCAA!
While I'm no fan of the NCAA, this is 100% on our BOT and leadership. The NCAA and BIG10 were just vehicles for their plan. If they just told the NCAA to pound sand, none of the scholarship reductions, fines, or jail time probably happen. Certainly media blowback, but much of that was fanned by the BOT and Tommy's ineptitude in handling a crisis. Louis probably still has two eyes, but is $8 million poorer. Tommy may have been re-elected. Cynthia probably is still practicing law. Nobody recalls Rodney even working at PSU. And the current BOT could still work as prior without people even caring about their meetings and graft

Yeah, Surma did, but he walked away with millions.
McQ is a loser to me, but I'm of the opinion he deserved the PSU payout b/c Joyner et. al. botched his termination so badly. Had he/they just followed the protocol instead of making it a testosterone contest, they would have been done with McQ with far less money paid out.
Tragically, John Surma lost his nephew and now.....his brother Vic.....I wonder if he feels like a winner?
Let's not forget Frank Fina losing his law license for a year and a day. I counted that as a PSU win. EShbach couldn't win an election for dog catcher.....that's a win.

Winners

Losers
Corbett should in no way be seen as a victim. Same w/Surma.

Thanks for the info….

Bhahaha. I want to punch that female dog in the throat.

Reactions: step.eng69
9 years, wow. I'm still waiting for Tom's inside info about who will come out looking worse than we already know, and who will come out looking better. Any day now...
anyone talked to Irondoc from the old Playbook days lately? Had a bunch of incriminating info.....according to him

ADVERTISEMENT