ADVERTISEMENT

Hackenberg

irncty

May 29, 2001
Melbourne
He needs to hurry up and graduate early so he can transfer to a team with a pro style Offense. He's not going pro after this season. The combination of coaching and surrounding talent will prevent that. It's like Penn State is holding him back and he is holding Penn State back.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Should pull a Russell Wilson and head to Wisky. At least he'll know he'll be behind a decent OL.

Not a bad idea... Mike Riley and Nebraska would be a great fit for him, but Hack would have to pay his own way because of Big Ten transfer rules. On second thought, David Cutcliff at Duke would be better.

Or, how about we get the right coaching in place here and keep Hack for his Sr. year.

Last edited:
No...they need to clean house but I'm not as quick to blame him because you can't turn sh1t into gold. I'm quicker to blame Donovan and Rahne because they have more direct influence on play calling. No matter what Herb Hand does, they'll never be able to block 7 with 5.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
No...they need to clean house but I'm not as quick to blame him because you can't turn sh1t into gold. I'm quicker to blame Donovan and Rahne because they have more direct influence on play calling. No matter what Herb Hand does, they'll never be able to block 7 with 5.
how about blocking 2 with five?

Sorry but the returning starters did not get better last season and are even worse now. Get rid of all the O coaches if you want to keep your job.

He needs to hurry up and graduate early so he can transfer to a team with a pro style Offense. He's not going pro after this season. The combination of coaching and surrounding talent will prevent that. It's like Penn State is holding him back and he is holding Penn State back.
im not sure where Hack would be successful. He is slow and lumbering. He over throws wide open receivers even when ge has time. He is overrated. I don't know what the NFL sees?

They had trouble blocking 2 with 5

To this point in his career, imo, Hack is ,quite possibly, one of the the most over-rated recruits in PSU history. Hopefully, .that will change in the weeks ahead. But I see Hack as a square peg in a round hole with the current coaching staff.

No, Junior was saying that we should be able to block 2 (two) pass rushers with 5 (five) offensive linemen. That's a 5 to 2 advantage or said another way, we have 250% advantage in that situation.

No, Junior was saying that we should be able to block 2 (two) pass rushers with 5 (five) offensive linemen. That's a 5 to 2 advantage or said another way, we have 250% advantage in that situation.

Gee, should Hack be able to hit wide-open receivers running free by themselves behind the defense??? Should he be able to complete more than half his passes or avoid throwing the ball to the other team in our own territory when the game is tied and it is 2nd-&-2???? Just curious.

Just curious

I wasn't commenting about Hack... I was clarifying what another poster obviously meant in his post.

BTW, I do think Hack played poorly today and at times last year. He needs to make better decisions. It's amazing that as a true freshman he made fewer mistakes and better decisions than as a junior. I love CJF as a head coach, recruiter, and figurehead of the program. I really wish O'Brien and Fischer were OC and QB coach again though.

I wasn't commenting about Hack... I was clarifying what another poster obviously meant in his post.

BTW, I do think Hack played poorly today and at times last year. He needs to make better decisions. It's amazing that as a true freshman he made fewer mistakes and better decisions than as a junior. I love CJF as a head coach, recruiter, and figurehead of the program. I really wish O'Brien and Fischer were OC and QB coach again though.

Really? FLO fired Fischer a couple weeks before he left (fired Vanderlinden at the same time because it wasn't FLO's horrid DC's fault????).

The point I was attempting to make was that we can't block 2 with 5 because our OLine talent sucks.

On the other hand, even if we had the talent, it wouldn't make a difference because you either have to get the ball out quick, or learn a lesson and keep in some reinforcements to help Protect the QB....like a TE, RB, or both. Our inept coaches did nothing to adjust. Hack has proven he is not going to make the quick read/throw. Coaches need to take over in this case and stop coming out in a spread offense with just 5 blockers. Take the game out of Hack's hands and call a conservative but balanced and unpredictable game.

ADVERTISEMENT