ADVERTISEMENT

Hack

Gotta love how he handled the media today. Terrific job handling the drones and sheep that comprise the flock of loons laughingly called professional sports journalists. Great start to 2015 PSU football and not one foot yet on the field.

Good ESPN article on Hack...the kid has all the tools to be a great NFL QB, could be the next mold of Brady's and Manning's, numbers aren't always a good indicator of how great a kid can be. Junior/Senior seasons really show what they're made of. I'd expect 3,000+ yards and at least 25 TDs this season.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-hackenberg-determined-deliver-nfl-draft-hype

One of the only quarterbacks coming out of college that I really thought would definitely "make it" was Andrew Luck. He just seemed to have all the tools and was really well grounded. Christian is very similar, but I think he needs a great junior/senior year. It is so tough to transition to that elite role of NFL QB. There have been so many "locks" to make it that just couldn't make it at the next level...Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Matt Leinart just to name a few.

One of the only quarterbacks coming out of college that I really thought would definitely "make it" was Andrew Luck. He just seemed to have all the tools and was really well grounded. Christian is very similar, but I think he needs a great junior/senior year. It is so tough to transition to that elite role of NFL QB. There have been so many "locks" to make it that just couldn't make it at the next level...Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Matt Leinart just to name a few.

There's just something about this kid I really like and he will make it at the next level. Remember Luck played with a much better all around team in every one of his years at Stanford. I think success on the field will dictate if CH comes back for his senior year. If OL is below average as expected I think he leaves.

He needs two more years in college. Hardly ever a QB that didn't benefit from staying in school and finishing out his eligibility.

I'd like to think that Hack is the type after everything that happened and him reaffirming his commitment that he'll stay all 4 years. With the talent we have coming in and giving those young guys, especially on the o line, getting more experience, a Big Ten title isn't out of reach his senior year.

He needs two more years in college. Hardly ever a QB that didn't benefit from staying in school and finishing out his eligibility.

PEYTON MANNING, MATT LEINART, and TY DETMER all agree with you. But all these QB's had something to play for their senior year: A National Championship.

Hackenberg was sacked 44x's last year. FORTY FOUR TIMES!!! Let's be honest: He's lucky he's still healthy enough to be playing football after taking that abuse.

On top of that... that same offensive line will be blocking for him this year. So unless they (OL) do a 180 I'd get the hell out of dodge too for the NFL draft Number 1 pick or not.

Either way... I'll enjoy him this year because honestly, no matter what his choice, that class as a whole can do no wrong in my eyes and will always be special to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT