ADVERTISEMENT

Guess today's attendance

jschrantz

Jan 20, 2004
Some context: Michigan State drew 281 vs tOSU and
today it's 20 degrees and snowing in East Lansing. I'll be
optimistic and say 440 people find their way in. That program is in shambles and
that's being kind to Sparty wrestling.

Shambles would be an upgrade. I'll guess 300 -- with half being Penn Staters.

For everyone's amusement, check out this 2013 fluff piece on Minkel. It's in the MSU student paper, so I won't be too hard on the kid who wrote it. (It's certainly not in the Illegal Fist to the Back Hall of Fame.) Still kinda funny to read how Minkel's style isn't modern and flashy like Gable's, and a few other choice nuggets.

Originally posted by El-Jefe:
Shambles would be an upgrade. I'll guess 300 -- with half being Penn Staters.

For everyone's amusement, check out this 2013 fluff piece on Minkel. It's in the MSU student paper, so I won't be too hard on the kid who wrote it. (It's certainly not in the Illegal Fist to the Back Hall of Fame.) Still kinda funny to read how Minkel's style isn't modern and flashy like Gable's, and a few other choice nuggets.
I'll bet that fluff piece will garner a lot of support from MSU supporters anxious for results.
large-smiley-060.gif

"illegal fist to the back" will bring a smile to our faces for at least the next few years.

According to the Michigan State press release, the actual attendance was 252. Not sure where the 102-person discrepancy came in.

The PSU Wrestling Club had a full bus of 50 people make this trip so a large percentage of the attendance is from PSU fans.

Originally posted by SetonHallPirate:
According to the Michigan State press release, the actual attendance was 252. Not sure where the 102-person discrepancy came in.
Either way, that's a pathetic number. Though apparently that's what happens when you combine a snow storm, an MSU basketball ongoing on campus at the same time, and a program that few people have interest in.

Originally posted by BruceK-PSU83:

Originally posted by SetonHallPirate:
Either way, that's a pathetic number. Though apparently that's what happens when you combine a snow storm, an MSU basketball ongoing on campus at the same time, and a program that few people have interest in.

No. Argument. Whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT