ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Grunkemeyer has been invited to the UA All-American game

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
Last edited:
He may not be a blue chipper but he's much better than 3 stars.

Agreed, I think he will be a four-star by the time it's all said and done.
Rich, what is holding him back in their evaluations? Everywhere this kid goes, he impresses. Elite 11, he was on the heels of the 5 stars according to many observers. Now he's going to play in the All-American game. This kid is way under-rated and it feels more like scouts just don't want to admit that they had him way too low.

Rich, what is holding him back in their evaluations? Everywhere this kid goes, he impresses. Elite 11, he was on the heels of the 5 stars according to many observers. Now he's going to play in the All-American game. This kid is way under-rated and it feels more like scouts just don't want to admit that they had him way too low.
He was a late bloomer for QB standards and he didn't play the best comp either. He's also made a ton of improvements from last offseason to this offseason working with QB trainer Brad Maendler. As far as Rivals rankings go, we updated them in early June prior to the Elite 11 competition and the next eval is coming in August so he has a chance for the fourth star there.

Overall though he had a good Elite 11 and was definitely one of the 11 best of the group. He has a pretty strong arm and some nice pop to the ball, but he does tend to float some at times as well and has to fill out quite a bit or else he would get crushed at the Big Ten level. Luckily for Penn State, they have this guy named Drew who should be the starter for at least the next two seasons minimum.

He was a late bloomer for QB standards and he didn't play the best comp either. He's also made a ton of improvements from last offseason to this offseason working with QB trainer Brad Maendler. As far as Rivals rankings go, we updated them in early June prior to the Elite 11 competition and the next eval is coming in August so he has a chance for the fourth star there.

Overall though he had a good Elite 11 and was definitely one of the 11 best of the group. He has a pretty strong arm and some nice pop to the ball, but he does tend to float some at times as well and has to fill out quite a bit or else he would get crushed at the Big Ten level. Luckily for Penn State, they have this guy named Drew who should be the starter for at least the next two seasons minimum.
He is already a 4 star on 247 composite. 93 rating ranked #185, #14 ranked QB.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
He is already a 4 star on 247 composite. 93 rating ranked #185, #14 ranked QB.
Based on recent performances and if he continues that in the all American bowl and senior year, he's pretty much a lock for top 10 QB, maybe even pushing into top 5 if he shows out in the AA bowl.

Based on recent performances and if he continues that in the all American bowl and senior year, he's pretty much a lock for top 10 QB, maybe even pushing into top 5 if he shows out in the AA bowl.
Yep, big time positive momentum for him. He has outplayed many of the players ranked ahead of him in the elite camps.

Reactions: Online Persona
Yep, big time positive momentum for him. He has outplayed many of the players ranked ahead of him in the elite camps.
I'm not a qb expert, but I really liked his throwing motion and form in the videos that I watched. It also appeared that he is pretty athletic for his body frame. I am very optimistic for his future at PSU, and hope that he honors his verbal commitment after PSU showed the faith in him, because you know that the vultures are going to come out.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm not a qb expert, but I really liked his throwing motion and form in the videos that I watched. It also appeared that he is pretty athletic for his body frame. I am very optimistic for his future at PSU, and hope that he honors his verbal commitment after PSU showed the faith in him, because you know that the vultures are going to come out.
OSU has Air Noland, 4th ranked QB, so doubtful they come but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT