ADVERTISEMENT

Grilled Hot Dog...one condiment...Ketchup or Mustard.......

One dog with ketchup, one with mustard, one with chili and one with kraut. All bases covered, everyone wins, including my tapeworm

Why do hot dogs at Beaver Stadium taste great, i know they are steamed but still great, even greater they grilled them before the upper deck expansions, and the smoke hung under the stands like a London Fog, BTW still mustard.

Reactions: #1PSU
I love my hot dogs sloppy and loaded. If I'm ordering from Sheetz, I'll go with a chili cheesedog with ketchup and mustard.

Answering the OP, if I have to choose just one, ketchup is it.

Reactions: Hotshoe
First mistake in this whole thing is grilling the hotdog. Boiled, you philistines!

They are about the same to me ketchup vs. spicy mustard.

Does anybody actually like yellow mustard, stuff is disgusting and have no idea why it is even sold anymore. How could anybody eat yellow mustard versus Dijon or spicy brown or german mustard or Grey Poupon.

Reactions: odshowtime

Does anybody actually like yellow mustard, stuff is disgusting and have no idea why it is even sold anymore. How could anybody eat yellow mustard versus Dijon or spicy brown or german mustard or Grey Poupon.

Yellow mustard is great, the only kind to put on a corned beef or pastrami sandwich.

I like yellow mustard but also like the grain/brown mustards. There's a use for each type.

Ketchup is the one I don't like at all.

Naked? Mustard only.
images

Fully dressed, still no ketchup, but relish pickles, onions, etc.

shutterstock_150836243.jpg

"If you have taken a trip to Chicago in the past, you have most likely become familiar with the unspoken rule of never placing ketchup on a Chicago-style hot dog. A standard Chicago hot dog can only be embellished with yellow mustard. While this culinary rule may seem unreasonable, we promise it’s based on logic. The conventional recipe for a Chicago-style hot dog includes relish."

Why can't you put ketchup on a Chicago Style Dog

Reactions: Locolion
Boiled? Last option for cooking for me.

BTW, I toured a meat packing plant while in high school. If you saw what I saw some of you may never eat a hot dog again.

Why do hot dogs at Beaver Stadium taste great, i know they are steamed but still great, even greater they grilled them before the upper deck expansions, and the smoke hung under the stands like a London Fog, BTW still mustard.
What happened to Nittnay Franks?

Boiled? Last option for cooking for me.

BTW, I toured a meat packing plant while in high school. If you saw what I saw some of you may never eat a hot dog again.
Read Upton Sinclair's The Jungle when I was a kid. That was sufficient.

Reactions: brupsu and Fac
Forgot to ask. Does chili sauce count?

large_da1d9e97-5129-4054-8044-5573decdee00.jpg

I don't put this on hotdogs, but have mixed horseradish with this to make 'cocktail sauce'.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT