ADVERTISEMENT

Greco Championship

Coon up 3-0 going into the half off a passivity and failed throw that Robby put himself to his back on, going out of bounds.

Coon wins 3-1 after judge confirmed a ridiculous caution +2 against Coon, but then took it back? Either way, Coon over Smith 3-1 in match 1

I met RaVaughn Perkins's dad my first year at Fargo at a Burger King. He asked us if we knew who RaVaughn was, as if he was this magnificent HSer. We had no clue.

RaVaughn won Fargo that year, I'm pretty sure, even giving the ref a hard time in the post-finals interview. Been a fan ever since.

1 Manville on a failed throw out of bounds that lands Bey on his back. Not sure why it wasn't 2, but whatever.
Bey comes duck, and Manville counters for a go-behnind takedown. No turn and out of bounds, 3-0 Manville.
Bey tries a shrug off Manville's hard tie, but Mason corrects. Manville controlling center of mat well. Period ends 3-0 Manville.

Bey goes bodylock, but slips. Manville sorta has a hips out stance that is bothersome in Greco, but continues to push hard. Push-out Bey on a duck, passing Manville out to the edge as he pushed hard. 3-1.
Manville goes arm throw, but Bey plants him for 4? That was Mason's move. Should've been 2 in my opinion, but Bey was pressuring over it with his hook. But now it looks like Mason leg fouls in a reverse lift, no score on top. :20 left, and Bey is getting tended to by trainers for what looks like a cut. Bey up 5-3, and a takedown won't win it on criteria (Bey's 4 trumps).
The guys kinda smile and shake before the last :20. Manville pressures but nothing. 5-3 Bey in round 1.

Looks like Cunningham in the corner for Provisor.
Provisor gets attention for inactivity/blocking. Caution +2 offered and confirmed on Provisor for blocking or head up. Ref getting too involved, in my opinion. Matrinez has a lock in double unders and Ben sags out. ANOTHER CAUTION +2 against Provisor for blocking. Wow! 4-0 Martinez. Period ends 4-0, another caution dq's Provisor.

Ref back on Provisor to open and action... Goodness. I just don't get it, man. Martinez ain't attempted once, and it just getting points handed to him for pushing. I get that guys gotta lock and present, but this is overkill. 1:00 left and still 4-0. Provisor presses forward and then bails to headlock, ref DOESN'T slip it. 2 Martinez, 6-0 w/ :30 left. That's how it ends. Martinez wins 6-0 in match 1.

I don't care if I'm talking to myself. Maybe somebody will wanna read later.
Manville-Bey 2 coming up, after the feed cut out for two matches. Manville has the WCAP guys in his corner.

Bey looks drag, and Manville evades out of bounds... Caution +2, which makes sense. 2-0 Bey. Bey with a HUGE bodylock for 4 going out of bounds makes it 6-0. Bey looks drag but nothing. Manville still pressing forward. Stoppage for Bey's wrap getting in the way of his eyes. Bey ducks under a pressured 2on1, and gets a takedown. 8-0 Bey is on the world team.

Provisor up.
Immediately warned for blocking. Cael in corner with Casey, now. Martinez locks a tight gut and gets Ben up, but no turn. 1-0 Martinez. Provisor just can't get a hook or position. Period ends 1-0.

Martinez now put down after score board was all screwy. 1-1. Provisor has a lock, but no gut.
Provisor on criteria with 1:00 left.
Pummeling... Pummeling... 1-1 final. Provisor ties the series up on criteria. I love Greco, but guys gotta attempt.

No problem, guys. Was just noticing how many connected replies I had and had to check myself ha.

Provisor-Martinez 3 is up. Hopefully somebody makes an attempt at scoring from neutral this round.

Lock for Martinez, Provisor has his head down and no call yet. Odd. Provisor gets a step out, pressuring in an over-under. 1-0. Guys are pummeling, but nothing going. Martinez almost to a lock and go-behind but Provisor spins out. Provisor doing a better job of holding center of the mat this round. Martinez to a headlock, and Ben counters into a front headlock. No score. 1-0 Provisor at the period end.

Now Cunningham and the NYAC coach in Provisor's corner. Can't recollect the name.
2nd period.
Martinez has Ben's head buried, but no score. Ben doing a good job of using pressure and clearing. Martinez to a lock again, and Provisor is called for passivity and put down. 1-1. Martinez has criteria on last score. No turn. 1:30 left.
Both guys banging, now. Martinez has Ben on edge. Double overs for Provisor, but Martinez pummels out. 1:00. Front head for Martinez. FEED CUTS OUT WTF. Provisor gets a slip out of double overs. :08 left. Martinez wins 1-1 on criteria, 2-1 in the series.

Now Cunningham and the NYAC coach in Provisor's corner. Can't recollect the name.
2nd period.
Martinez has Ben's head buried, but no score. Ben doing a good job of using pressure and clearing. Martinez to a lock again, and Provisor is called for passivity and put down. 1-1. Martinez has criteria on last score. No turn. 1:30 left.
Both guys banging, now. Martinez has Ben on edge. Double overs for Provisor, but Martinez pummels out. 1:00. Front head for Martinez. FEED CUTS OUT WTF. Provisor gets a slip out of double overs. :08 left. Martinez wins 1-1 on criteria, 2-1 in the series.

Crop, Thanks for the pbp even if I did not get to read the action until after completion of the event. Nonetheless, I looked here first for updates. Thanks again.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT