ADVERTISEMENT

Great old Jim Delany quote that seems appropriate

B10 commissioner Jim Delany in 2007: "there are appropriate balances when mixing academics and athletics ... winning our way requires some discipline and restraint ..."
What he was saying is there is "our way", and then there is the SEC way. The only balancing going on in the south are the players check books after they receive their "signing bonuses" :)!

Old Jim Delaney... He's such a card.
A regular stand up comedian.
Among other things.
jimdelanymasturbator_large.jpg

Delany in Peru..... reportedly heading to Antarctica to get help so everything in Columbus and College Park cools down.

Seems he won't be asking for the authority to head to Columbus to fire Coach Meyer himself.
"It's possible that he lied," Delany said. "It's possible that he wasn't prepared. Those are the two extremes. I'm more than willing to let the investigation play out. … I'm not going to pre-judge."

Seems he won't be asking for the authority to head to Columbus to fire Coach Meyer himself.
"It's possible that he lied," Delany said. "It's possible that he wasn't prepared. Those are the two extremes. I'm more than willing to let the investigation play out. … I'm not going to pre-judge."

“I’m not going to pre-judge.....but I sure had fun pre-judging and screwing Penn State.”

It’s not only possible that he lied, he’s admitted to doing so. Delaney is a worthless windbag.

I don't get this at all. He wasn't PREPARED to answer a yes/no question?

Reporter: "Is your first name Urban?"

UM: "No."

Reporter: "Are you sure?"

UM: "Oh wait, yes it is. I wasn't prepared to answer that question."

“I’m not going to pre-judge.....but I sure had fun pre-judging and screwing Penn State.”
now now. he didn't pre-judge. He waited until after the arguably tainted and directed "investigation" to determine "truth" (or Louis Freeh's on-stage dramatic version) and follow the leader in piling on after the inappropriate and misdirected penalizing and unprecedented cash grabbing, which will never be repeated, revisited or reconsidered regardless of anything anyone learns or experiences - ever.

Those in the position to screw up, really screwed up in handling the situation at Penn State.

Considerable progress seems to be in process following 2011. And although I really resent the refusal to waiver on the Penn State narrative, I am glad a lot of this bad crap happening on/around campuses is finally being better exposed and addressed.

Delaney is at least right in his statement that we have to show restraint and be skeptical. I'd respect him a lot more if he'd acknowledge some error in his failure to do so re: Penn Sate, before and after.

Reactions: Dr. Evel
He qualifies as a synonym for 'asshole' 'bad blow job' and 'general creep' , too.

When I was a freshman in Geary Hall, my elders told me there is no such thing as a bad bj, just that some are better than others.
Both he and Emmert are pieces of shit like no others. I wish they were on fire so I could walk by and not piss on them.

Reactions: odshowtime

I find this quote the most interesting. "It's a problem for us, but it minimizes an epidemic that is a problem in our country," Delany said. "I, as a conference commissioner, don't have the answer."

No one cared about minimizing serious issues in 2011 when a serial pedophile roaming loose was simply an issue with #footballculture.

Un freakin believable

I hate this conference. These a holes would win the twister world championship twisting themselves to save OSU or Michigan. After what they did to Joe with less evidence these guys should be fired immediately.

Investigation played out. Big Ten didn't get involved til after the Freeh report was released.
Well it seems like they didn't wait for the investigation to remove Paterno's name from the Championship Trophy within a week of Paterno's firing.

"We believe that it would be inappropriate to keep Joe Paterno's name on the trophy at this time," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said in a statment. "The trophy and its namesake are intended to be celebratory and aspirational, not controversial. We believe that it's important to keep the focus on the players and the teams that will be competing in the inaugural championship game."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-removes-joe-paterno-name-championship-trophy

ADVERTISEMENT