ADVERTISEMENT

Great Ft Lauderdale story!!!

jppsu1

Apr 24, 2015
Was in Lauderdale over the weekend. Watched the game at Parrots, where the alum in that area watch the games. Thanks to Ken and Terri. Great place and great seen!! Next day I am walking and three police officers parked and got out of their car. I had my PSU hat on. They stopped me and wanted to talk about the game. Said they loved the way Trace brought them back. Told me they always liked penn State and were very happy we are back. Really made me feel good. You never know what someone is going to say to you when you got the garb on!!!

Last edited:
The Parrot is a great place to watch the game especially a big time nite game! Lot of fun....sometimes you will catch a few players or 2 in there...

The Parrot is a great place to watch the game especially a big time nite game! Lot of fun....sometimes you will catch a few players or 2 in there...
The owner, or at least the guy who owned it ten years ago, is from Trenton. He's good friends with the wife a former PSU player.

I've also noticed a lot more random PSU gear being worn. Where I work, there are some guys who seem to always wear the latest teams hat, or other clothing. They seem to be mixing penn state into the routine recently. I guess that is a good sign.

Yeah low key quiet blonde hair guy name Tim I recall...
Yep. Tim. Doesn't say much. I used enjoy standing out on the street drinking beer, smoking cigs, and bullshitting with strangers.

I ran into an NCAA ref there. Boy, he wished he'd never told me his job. It was 2005, the year of the worst call in the history of the NCAA tourney. The call was traveling on Villanova's Allan Ray. Ray made the shot after being mugged by a UNC guy. This ref told me that everybody knew it was a horrendous call and resulted in the refs, at every meeting, being told to 'hold the whistle'.

And Glov, if you read this, get bent.

Yep. Tim. Doesn't say much. I used enjoy standing out on the street drinking beer, smoking cigs, and bullshitting with strangers.

I ran into an NCAA ref there. Boy, he wished he'd never told me his job. It was 2005, the year of the worst call in the history of the NCAA tourney. The call was traveling on Villanova's Allan Ray. Ray made the shot after being mugged by a UNC guy. This ref told me that everybody knew it was a horrendous call and resulted in the refs, at every meeting, being told to 'hold the whistle'.

And Glov, if you read this, get bent.
I was a frequent patron back then often showed up on my white Hd deuce....was there for the dam michigan roberry loss

Reactions: artsandletters
I was a frequent patron back then often showed up on my white Hd deuce....was there for the dam michigan roberry loss
I was at The Parrot for every game in 2005. I missed the FSU bowl game but I'd rather not revisit that story - ever.

LJ jr. was in there on sat. A few others too. Kijana is usually but not this past sat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT