Great Day to be a Vet of the Cold War

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
It's comical. I'm totally honest regarding Biden in this situation. He really has nothing he can do, but sanctions. That said, he looks weak and that's just a fact. He's weak minded, weak in body, and weak by his past actions. No one in the world looks at Biden and sees strength. Just like no one in the world looked at Trump and saw an honorable and decent man.

Biden made two huge mistakes. The debacle that is Afghanistan, and his statement regarding Putin invading Ukraine. Well, then there's approving Nord Stream II and shutting down our own pipelines.
Yep, The appearance of strength and the ability to use it with necessary is different than the complete opposite, duh!

Reactions: psuted

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
And this guy is lecturing others on history, the stock market, and international leaders. Doing much of it from idiots on Twitter that have been proven wrong, time and time again.

I normally try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when they make comments that may seem a bit off base or misguided, but after spending time on this board and hearing the repeated pablum being spewed by many of the liberal clowns, it’s the warped way they think and the “elitist” and elevated attitude of themselves that’s unbelievable. And to think these clowns vote and put buffoons like Biden/Harris in the WH and create the economic malaise and foreign blunders like we are currently experiencing.

Reactions: Ski and TFBaum

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
My father fought in WW2 Patton’s 3rd Army 4th Amour Division 75th Regiment I tell you this because when the wall fell he felt like it was finally the end of WW2. Today I feel like I served for no reason. Neville Chamberlain Award goes to President Biden.
There are some striking similarities, not the least of all was Putin's speech yesterday.

Reactions: TFBaum

Jerry

May 29, 2001

>>When I was a little boy, both Democrats and Republicans believed democracy was good and the Soviet Union was bad. Now I’m an old fart, and Republicans believe Russia is good and democracy is bad.<<

First, for the last 20 years of the Cold War, Democrats were the party of appeasement with regard to the Soviet Union...the party of Blame-America-First. Look it up.

Second, today's GOP Establishment is more hawkish on Russia than even the Dem-Mediacrats. For an example, check out Lindsey Graham's statement yesterday calling for both the ruble and the Russian energy sector to be "crushed." That's representative of the Republican view.

So the Tweet cited above, which distorts history and turns present-day reality on its head, is yet another illustration of the fact that there are only two types of Dem-Mediacrat these days: those who lie; and those who believe lies. I call the latter Useful Idiots. They are well represented here.

• Love
Reactions: psuted and TFBaum

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
It's comical. I'm totally honest regarding Biden in this situation. He really has nothing he can do, but sanctions. That said, he looks weak and that's just a fact. He's weak minded, weak in body, and weak by his past actions. No one in the world looks at Biden and sees strength. Just like no one in the world looked at Trump and saw an honorable and decent man.

Biden made two huge mistakes. The debacle that is Afghanistan, and his statement regarding Putin invading Ukraine. Well, then there's approving Nord Stream II and shutting down our own pipelines.

Personally, I don’t approve of or think it’s good for us and the West regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but I also don’t really think it’s in our national security to get involved either. There is no telling what the longer term ramifications of this situation may entail and how our national interest may ultimately be impacted in the future.

Putin has always had “designs” on turning Ukraine into a Russian puppet state, and the breathtaking weaknesses of Biden and the US has just accelerated his play on Ukraine.

Now, it will be interesting to see what China does with Taiwan.

Reactions: TFBaum