ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on Zain!!

Great article, great quotes from Zain's dad too. Was lucky to have lunch with him at the hotel restaurant at the NCAAs this year. Such a nice family.

Awesome...Zain will be representing the USA in 2020...You can bet on it !!!! He is more focused than ever in his life to win that Gold Medal for the USA and NO ONE will ever outwork him...Young man is insane when it comes to training !!!!He will go down as 1 of the best ever if not THE best !

Agree on 2020. Once he completes his college career and concentrates on freestyle in 2018, I think he has to be the favorite for that spot.

Awesome...Zain will be representing the USA in 2020...You can bet on it !!!! He is more focused than ever in his life to win that Gold Medal for the USA and NO ONE will ever outwork him...Young man is insane when it comes to training !!!!He will go down as 1 of the best ever if not THE best !
What he said... and a pretty compelling read. It's amazing this kid lost an entire year in high school and put it to good use.

This is probably your best post in many, many weeks. Well done Spyker!

Benton is about 25 minutes from my College Alma Mater, got to see him wrestle in high school on a few occasions...Zain has always been a special talent but he really looked amazing this year and on another level. His work ethic and mental toughness gets him past more natural athletes on a regular basis...kid may be the toughest I ever had the pleasure to watch!!

I had a chance to meet Zain in person at the US Open and I talked to him for about 15-20 minutes. He is an awesome wrestler, but I think he is an even better person. Little kids would come up to him with their call phones to get a photo with him and he was perfectly happy to do it. What a great role model for the sport!

Reactions: Ja1339
At what point do we consider the "lost every match his first year" story to be lazy journalism? We get it.... wrestling is hard for a rookie.

ADVERTISEMENT